• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dead? :(

Of course it's not dead.
I've just been tired of modding lately, been doing other stuff. The mod works now there isn't really anything to fix, just need to add new events.
I haven't been playing the whole game in fact for a while, I bought CK2 and Vicky 2 and been giving some time for them for a while.

Of course it's not dead.
I've just been tired of modding lately, been doing other stuff. The mod works now there isn't really anything to fix, just need to add new events.
I haven't been playing the whole game in fact for a while, I bought CK2 and Vicky 2 and been giving some time for them for a while.

Hey LF I can identify with that. I have been on vacation from DH for quite awhile after the death of RDD and busting my butt for a year on it. So whenever you feel like it I would still like to be able to dl this thing in China. I have tried various vpns and proxies to get to the site but, no luck. Rapid Share and Game Front work fine for me as does the AAR site and the NWO2 alt. site. That is all that I am aware of that work for now. So enjoy what you are doing and thanks for your work.
d

I'm going to subscribe to this, since this looks to be a compelling alt history mod. Also, I looked at some of the screenshots and have a suggestion. If it's at all possible, perhaps we could get Francesco or somebody to draw up some country specific icons for the Byzantines? I'll bet they had awesome uniforms. =D

rozw.jpg

Areas ceded to Rome after Italian surrender.

Hey LF I can identify with that. I have been on vacation from DH for quite awhile after the death of RDD and busting my butt for a year on it. So whenever you feel like it I would still like to be able to dl this thing in China. I have tried various vpns and proxies to get to the site but, no luck. Rapid Share and Game Front work fine for me as does the AAR site and the NWO2 alt. site. That is all that I am aware of that work for now. So enjoy what you are doing and thanks for your work.
d

My VPN works....I tunnel through my Uni in California

if u join the allies ,do u have a chance to go to war with turkey?

if u join the allies ,do u have a chance to go to war with turkey?
Yes, your entry to war should happen only through events if you want to attack Turkey.
When Germany asks you for alliance after France is gone, decline it. Then they do the same for Turkey which will agree, dragging you against the Axis and into the Allies.

Suddenly a wild SKIF icon appears!

I was bored this evening so I decided to put some test Byzantine SKIF icons together, since I noticed this mod didn't have any.

I'm fairly happy with the naval flag but I can't quite get the roundel for land and air units to my liking. Suggestions are welcomed.

If there's enough interest I'll make a whole set.

Attachments

• byz_model_0_4.bmp
    byz_model_0_4.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 66
  • byz_model_13_7.bmp
    byz_model_13_7.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 55
  • byz_model_23_1.bmp
    byz_model_23_1.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 61
The design work is mostly conjecture since the Byzantine Empire never adopted modern heraldry as such. So I used this flag since I liked its look the most:

http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/7/72/ByzantineEmpireFlag.png

I also adopted the Imperial colors into a roundel, which like I said before works here, but is just putting the colors of the flag on an established design. Also played around with putting a small Imperial signal instead of a roundel for ground units, and use the roundel for the airforce. I like the results so I think I will do that.

I've adapted two different kinds of naval flags for the ships, which do you think looks better? I'm leaning towards the first one, since it's smaller and more distinct.

EDIT: A question the unit tag is "byz" right?

Also added yet another possible replacement for the ground unit ensignia, this time a simple one that got rid of the eagle and kept it as a representation of the national flag. Like it the most for being even more noticeable.

Anyone have any thoughts on what they like, or should I just pick one and figure people will like it anyway?

Attachments

• byz_model_0_4.bmp
    byz_model_0_4.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 48
  • byz_model_13_7.bmp
    byz_model_13_7.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 47
  • byz_model_21_1.bmp
    byz_model_21_1.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 48
  • byz_model_23_1.bmp
    byz_model_23_1.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 45
  • byz_model_0_8.bmp
    byz_model_0_8.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I broke it :D. First I joined the allies, then I declared war on Turkey. This broke Allies (as in there is no "Allies" Alliance, it's empty), and netted a declaration of war against France by Germany. Soon after Germany and USSR declared war on me. Soviets also declared war on UK and Australia at the same time. Only Romania has joined the Axis with Germany, and is mostly occupied by the Soviets. I have annexed Turkey and French Mandate for Syria and Germany has annexed Denmark. Uk is occupying Normandy. What's left of the allies (original Allies (including UK) minus France(and me)) is now a different Alliance led by the British Raj, which is still a puppet of UK. To top it all, France is in war with itself.

124081033-4.jpg

Last edited:
Just giving a quick update, I've been busy with finishing my finals. Will probably be a week or a little more to complete whole set.

Last edited:
Hi!

Several years ago I was making a mod named Anatolian wars, which added some nations to Middle East and surrounding regions. My favourites were Assyria, Armenia, and Kurdistan. I've been playing with idea of modding these to the DH, but currently I have no time nor nerves for making a mod. I just thought, that if you are interesting, those three nations could be easily added to this Byzantium mod. Cappadocia could be added as a possible revolt. I could write scenario files and some events related to them. What do you think?

255p5d0.png