• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow!

Go Equestria! Show those Americans the power of friendship and love!

(and pegasi cavalry)

I really lost the time and ability to do this as often as I want ;-;

I'll try to update it so often but it' really going down in frequency if you didn't notice.

Writing a new update now, but don't expect it soon, I am in fact an extremely slow writer.

Tis' beautiful. You should submit this to fanfic sites or ED, such epicness deserves much more views than 5k.
Oh psshaw, I'd never go and do that, especially now that I'm putting minimal effort into it...

The new update for the mod, and RL make this a backseat project. I've got like one paragraph written for the new update whenever it will be done...

Oh psshaw, I'd never go and do that, especially now that I'm putting minimal effort into it...

The new update for the mod, and RL make this a backseat project. I've got like one paragraph written for the new update whenever it will be done...
Hey, don't use my procrastination as an excuse for your procrastination! ;)

Hey, don't use my procrastination as an excuse for your procrastination! ;)

Oh no! I meant when the new version of the mod is released I'll want to get that instead of continuing this...and I'm extremely lazy and therefor unwilling to restart this...

Absolutely lovely, it brings out the little 90s cartoon watching girl in me. Take your time (I know how procrastination goes) and I look forward to another great update!

Absolutely lovely, it brings out the little 90s cartoon watching girl in me. Take your time (I know how procrastination goes) and I look forward to another great update!

Oh god a mod likes my work OH GOSH OH GOD!
Really though, I'm glad you appreciate it, I'll have to...uhh...stop being such a lazy bastard I guess

xL7IE.png

1846​

The war was young, surprisingly young for what would be considered a war in the 1800's, only a year in and the Principality and her allies seemed to be locked in a sort of stalemate with the United States, repulsing Americans in the North while Mexico and Central America struggled to resist the massed onslaught of the US Army, which had marshaled more then 60,000 troops for it's attack on the Mexican nation. Sensing that the massed attacks of the Americans in Mexico may force the Equestrians allies out of the war, a terryfying prospect to the Principality, Celestia ordered an expiditionary force to be marched from the Northwest, under the command of one General Swan Firecrakcer, a somewhat egotisitcal and self-centered pony by all accounts. Celestia was straightforward in her demands that the army should make all haste to assist their southern allies, firstly to show that the Equestrians actually cared for their friends, and secondly to prevent a catastrophic collapse of the feeble Mexican government, which was surprisingly still in control. En route to the Mexican front, the heads of the military, in cooperation with the British (Who by all accounts were a smashing group of gents) announced a new set of guidelines by which command was to be directed in combat and non-combat situations. The doctrine of 'Army Professionalism' was enacted amid the raving complaints of Twilight Sparkle, yelling madly about the horrors of changing a military doctrine mid-war and the horrors it might have on the training and supply of the army. Despite her complaints, Celestia implemented the system, wanting more then anything to end the lopsided requirements to defeat even a small American force. Immediately, and again much to the chagrin of Twilight, more military doctrines were to be determined and implemented, In this case the British and Equestrians looked into a concept known as 'Strategic Mobility'

BGcVn.png

Following the doctrinal shift throughout the Equestrian army, the Royal military made it's first tentative moves into US land in the north. Heading through the same pass the Americans had utilized the year before to move into Equestria. After the force of 27,000 had made it through the grueling passage, they set about establishing themselves in the hills immediately surrounding Billings, a rather large surprise for not only the Americans who had been told to expect no aggressive action by the supposedly passive Equestrian army, but to the Equestrians themselves who were more then a bit shocked that they had driven so deep into America without much in the way of resistance or hostility. The plan was simply to hold in the hills, prevent American aid from entering the fortified town, and eventually force the small garrison into surrendering (1). It would be the plan of action for the following weeks, until October 23rd, American skirmisher forces under the command of US Lieutenant General Chester P. Wilson (2) made brief contact with Equestrian Pegasi scouts under the rather brash and well known Sergeant Thunder Chaser (3). For a surprising 30 minutes, the two small groups maintained combat, the small 10 pegasi patrol stalling the Americans while the main force under the command of the Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Armor could maneuver the army into a favorable position for the now expected battle. At noonish that same day, the armies made battle. American Infantry marched against the Equestrian artillery, Pegasi cavalry and lineponies unsupported, perhaps a logistical blunder left them naked of Artillery support, and free of Cavalry protection. Regardless of the reason, the battle might have lasted longer had the sheer shock of the massed Pegasi charge broken the American troops will to fight on. Breaking and fleeing, Shining Armor chose not to pursue the army, taking pride in his restraint and hoping his small victory would simply hasten the end of the war. Meanwhile in the South, Mexico was faltering and the Equestrian expeditionary force had recently arrived. Receiving a suggestion from Santa Anna, Swan Firecracker moved to lift the siege of Dallas, which had been continuing since the start of the year. Less tactically inclined then other generals, Swan simply massed his artillery, luring the Americans into a infantry battle then simply tearing the lines apart with a massed cannonade, tearing scores of Americans from their lines. At the end of the battle, Americans had suffered nearly 50% casualties and the commanding officer, one George Hayes, was found dead amongst the smoldering remains of his command section.

67lns.jpg

The terrible defeat in Dallas (4) coupled with constant British victories in New England signaled the end of the American will to continue the war. Discontent at the seemingly imminent defeat and anger over the faltering economy lead to Polk nearly being impeached in October. Following this, Polk signed a peace treaty with the British, agreeing to terms that would seemingly make a continued war with Equestria impossible in any regard. The Americans agreed to cover the damages caused in the war, admit wrong-doing in upsetting regional stability, and agree to keep the size of their military at a quarter of the size it currently stood at. In effect the British had won the war for Equestria, though the British would be far from agreeing, simply stating it as their 'duty and moral obligation to strive for and preserve the status quo from aggressive upstarts with a penchant for violent outbursts'. Although not officially concluded for another week, on October 29th, Equestrian forces began the task of withdrawing, and in the case of the Equestrian expeditionary army, re-establishing of order, and assisting the Mexican government and people in the rebuilding of their damaged property. On November 2nd, 1846, President James Polk met with the assembled leaders of the Equestrian coalition, Princess' Celestia and Luna, President Santa Anna, and Francisco Morazan (Who had surprisingly managed to maintain the chafing USCA) and began negotiating for a peace settlement. Although the Mexicans and Central Americans were adamant that a substantial and hefty treaty must be made, Celestia pushed only for a few minor economic compensations. In the end, much to the Equestrian allies chagrin, the United States ended up paying Equestria a paltry $15 Million dollars, to Mexico an over time payment of $19 Million, and to Central America a much smaller $4 Million. In the wake of the war, Equestria buzzed with excitement, if they could best the only regional challenger to their nation, who knew what would be possible for the nation. Revolutionary activity, aggravation, and dissent were practically gone during and for a while after the war as ponies throughout the nation celebrated the government for it's seemingly masterful handling of the potentially ruinous war. Celestia was lauded by not only her own people but by many of the rulers of Europe for her handling of the war, and the internal dissent that had so plagued Old Europe in the meantime. The Kings of Denmark and Sweden, the Kaisers of Austria and Prussia, as well as the Russian Czar sent consolations and congratulations, inquiring about the possibility of establishment of real diplomatic links (Save for Denmark, all those above asked about this) and furthering of connections on royal levels as well.(5) Although troubling, 1846 turned out to be one of the greatest years in Equestrian history, where expectations were shattered.

IBjc5.png

So ends the year of our Princess' Eighteen hundred and forty six, long may they reign and harmony may they bring to our lands!​

(1) At this point, many foreign observers, including the British who were embedded with the Equestrian force, believed that in showing as much restraint as they did at Billings, the Equestrians looked too weak and would not last long in the world of warfare.
(2) Chester P. Wilson was often the last choice for command, most superiors seeing simply a dull, thick-headed buffoon. This is probably why many called him "Dullbritches" when he wasn't within hearing range.
(3) Thunder Dancer was most well known before the war for a brief incident involving a recruit. It was reported that she personally broke a rebellious cadets wing after repeated prodding from the cadet. Nothing official came from the event, but it remains a black mark.
(4) Americans and Equestrians alike refer to the battle as "The Battle of Bloody Dallas", and to this day October 27th remains marked as a day of remembrance for Equestrian and Americans killed in the battle.
(5) By this, the Royalty of Europe simply wanted to exchange niceties more often, hold visits occasionally, the sort of things rich ponies do.

I am really lazy and it is a surprise I am finished with this update. As I said before, I am still iffy on this, the positive reactions keep nudging me to write more even though I never feel I have the time. The other issue is the potentially impending release of the new version of the mod, which will drive me to make a tough choice (Hint-I'll probably stick with my version). But for now, thanks for the positive feedback, and feel free to comment, ask questions, etc.

Next update...
Celestia knows when that will be. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Wonderful stuff. The evil United States may invade as it wishes, but Canterlot stands strong against such defiance! Hail Princess Celestia!

This continues to be awesome. I loved Twilight's complaint about changing doctrine in the middle of the war. Such a shame reality did not agree it was unrealistic :p

Ha ha, those insidious American invaders were indeed rebuffed! Now all you have to do is deal with an invasion every five years until the United States runs out of armable people.

In all honesty, you did a lot better than I do against the United States, probably because I'm of the Attack+Bang Bang=Tea+Crumpets+VICTORY! school of military strategy (and have a tendency to forget about those 50k stacks in high attrition provinces...)

potentially impending release of the new version of the mod
Don't hold your breath. :p

You say that positive reactions keep you writing more, so consider this mine. This ARR is unique in ARRland as the only one containing ponies, which, of course, makes it awesome.

Besides, I like seeing my home country get its ass kicked. I’m not sure why, but I for one would welcome our new pony overlords if Celestia decided the United States was not friendship-y enough to be Equestria's neighbor.

Reactions: