Beach properties assets are all gone and my city is screwed. Thanks a lot.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm outside plenty enough because of my job, I just enjoy the things I bought when they're working, whether they're inside or outside, but thanks for the unsolicited advice! Always appreciated! Maybe you should donate to CO if you don't expect anything in return, I'm sure they'd appreciate it! Cheers.
No offense meant! Sorry. I just meant it isn't the end of the world- annoying yes and probably avoidable but there it is.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know we're looking into what's happened as you were of course supposed to keep access to the Beach Properties content until the patch that moves it to the base game arrived. Assets are replaced by the placeholder boxes, but as the waterfront zoning isn't available in the base game yet, I recommend holding off on loading saves with a lot of those zones.

At this time we don't have an ETA for when this is resolved, but at the very least the upcoming patch (date still to be announced) will resolve it as the assets become part of the base game. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this is causing!
I make content for the game on YouTube and I can't play my city anymore, I'm simply punished for buying a bad DLC

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know we're looking into what's happened as you were of course supposed to keep access to the Beach Properties content until the patch that moves it to the base game arrived. Assets are replaced by the placeholder boxes, but as the waterfront zoning isn't available in the base game yet, I recommend holding off on loading saves with a lot of those zones.

At this time we don't have an ETA for when this is resolved, but at the very least the upcoming patch (date still to be announced) will resolve it as the assets become part of the base game. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this is causing!
I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the BP content, mostly for the great props that were included for detailing.

I didnt ask for a refund for a product I enjoy and instead, access to that content is taken away from me after purchasing it.

i spent the last 2-3 weeks with a team of volunteers to make over 6k thumbnails for all the props and growable buildings included in the base game and i did all ~550 thumbs for the BP content and now i cant even see them....

Next patch was already announced to be in about 2 weeks from the announcement and faq last week. I seriously hope my access to the content i paid for will be restored before that.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

I'm sorry to say it, but the drama is becoming more entertaining than the game.

• 10Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
At least the white blocks have as much variety as the content they replace.

• 22Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

Thank you avanya for responding to us, it’s greatly appreciated. And I understand this might not have been your decision.

But this is really not acceptable at all. I imagine that the people who bought this DLC was very low, but they are still your customers who paid money for it. To remove the content and leave them out to dry without an ETA on when CO is going to fix it speaks volumes about the amount of care CO are showing for them and for your consumers in general. This is not good at all.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

Oh, well fire whoever thought it was a good idea to do it this way.

And everyone outside of this place now basically thinks you do this to get rid of the "Worst rated Steam DLC ever" achievement Colossal Order had.

• 10Like
Reactions:
I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the BP content, mostly for the great props that were included for detailing.

I didnt ask for a refund for a product I enjoy and instead, access to that content is taken away from me after purchasing it.

i spent the last 2-3 weeks with a team of volunteers to make over 6k thumbnails for all the props and growable buildings included in the base game and i did all ~550 thumbs for the BP content and now i cant even see them....

Next patch was already announced to be in about 2 weeks from the announcement and faq last week. I seriously hope my access to the content i paid for will be restored before that.
Maybe this content just isn’t for you

• 13Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

Thx for the feedback, Avanya. But, what a chaos. Just chaos after chaos

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

How can this be bungled so greatly on top of all the earlier bungles around CS2?

• 8Like
Reactions:
They must've legitimately just blind-rushed to delete the worst rated item from Steam lmao, not stopping for even a second to think of what will happen, not to mention testing what will happen.

I swear, it's the gift that keeps on giving, we're discovering new levels of incompetence every passing day. It's like watching the Large Hadron Collider creating new particles previously thought nonexistent.

And to add a cherry on top, the ETA for a fix is "eh, idk, sometime maybe? We, like, promise to do it but, idk, a month-ish or so? Week? Half a year? Who's to say"

• 21Like
Reactions:
it doesn't affect us Ultimate edition users.
My key learning from Cities Skylines 2 is never pre-order the Ultimate edition, no matter how much I enjoy the genre of game or its predecessor. The 'value' of the Ultimate edition is on a decline, given the substitutes they're offering to replace the DLC and the ongoing delays.

• 5Like
Reactions: