• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Delian sits on the north, and from there rather not swing the nose. Gives the impression of a person who is afraid of larger conflicts , which can actually lose something . Rather Sweden is a country that will join the bandwagon rather than an independent decision * Try to change the fate of Europe.

There is a reason for my absence. I want to keep my doors open, so far the wars on the continent is benefical for Sweden.
There is situable provinces in Pol, Rus, Bra. but im still not sure whom to support.

spain 1548-1565

Spain enjoyed to hear the news that peace was agreed could return home, inflation was rising due to the high amount of gold income forcing me to keep my minting under control(which was hard since Spain always has expenses, a merchant here a colonist there or even a missionaries all over the place) but despites my efforts inflation was quickly rising out of control so as soon as the war was settled in the east Spain set out to discover this mysterious technology called governors,
it was a very interesting concept as they this effect that when you build them your inflation will slowly drop over time by 0.25 a year.
slow but better then no drop and it is a excellent way to finally get this very irritating gold inflation under control that has been giving me a headache for the last 50years or more.
it took a while and i suffered a crt disadvantage on land for his technology but as soon as it was discovered all of the Spanish finances where placed towards one goal only, get those governors in place fast.

Outside this Spain enjoyed a era of peace with his human neighbors but did see a change to claim some land fairly cheap with the idea to sell these lands to France later, first Jakarta and the surrounding provinces where attacked by my conquistador and later the same conquistador used the remaining army + what I gained from annexing that pagan to invade china for Guangzhou center of trade when the Chinese government gave us a diplomatic insult we saw the perfect time to strike and declared war,
unfortunately we kind of forgot to bring a lot of warships so suffered some defeats at sea from the defending ships, but eventually they did manage to make landfall.
When Spain made landfall it was a bit of a shock to see china at land tech 11, giving them reasonable fighting power, I guess I got lucky that the Chinese where already under attack by Sweden and Russia allowing me to siege Guangzhou with little trouble then explored a bit before the Russians peaced out, when the Russians peaced out I sieged the capitol for maps and shortly after I got a peace offer for Guangzhou which I gladly accepted.

After all this was done I offered France the sale of south Africa, Guangzhou and Jakarta surrounding provinces for 4500 gold if I remember right, up to this point 700 or so has been paid and I’m waiting for the rest.
During all this time spain was getting one stabhit after another making it very difficult to get -2 to dow something despite the fact that spanish stabcost is really pretty good for his size and wil only improve in the coming years

0.5 deflation

VI. Poland
THE ROME IS SAVED!

sobieski_2.jpg

Oh God our Lord bless the Poles! The mighty Slavs came with help to The Pope! True Catholics indeed! In gratitude Pope decided to give the Poland name of Defender of Christedom (historical fact btw) and move Vatican from Rome to Krakow! Holy time!

more than 1000 words
-5 bad boy please

France: 1565 - 1590

Between this session and the previous session, a great deal changed in the diplomatic field of play. Persia, its monarch for many years absent and presumed lost forever in the mysts of time, was made AI and thus put on the open field. Venice was also forcibly integrated into Poland, its Doge transferring to Warsaw while the Polish King transfered over to England, whose king had rage quit into the English Channel. The transfer of players in and of itself was not a serious cause for alarm for France, since neither of them were looked at as being much of a danger to the future of the French state. Rather, it meant that a wide field had been opened with the annexation of Venice. France, Spain, and to a much lesser degree Austria, had treated the central and northern parts of the Italian peninsula as a neutral zone, its continued existence predicated on the unwillingness of any of the powers to risk a wider conflict with the others. Though Austria disrupted this balance with its succesful acquisition of Lombardy, the peace could still plausibly have been maintained.

Now, it France's pity for the Venetian Doge no longer a relevant factor, expansion deeper into Italy became a possibility. However, this was held up in light of a variety of factors. France was still in a precarious situation owing to the extent of revolt risk created by the events for the wars of religion. A protracted war, either with the expanded Poland or any of the other powers for land, was deemed too risky with the chance for rebellion so high. Indeed, as it turned out, the only conflict France engaged in during this session was with the Zulu state of South Africa. Even the 2 stability lost from the declaration of war was enough of a push to spark several revolts in France proper. This war dragged on for longer than expected owing to the surprising rapidity with which France's conquistadors died, forcing France to rely upon minor generals who proved unable to cope with the excessive attrition suffered on the veld. Eventually, the Zulu were forced into submission and French control over those gold mines was made secure and, hopefully, permanent.

Colonial expansion continued and officials were promoted in the various Chinese and Indonesian provinces, but overall there were insufficient explorers to open up new land for colonization, nor sufficient money to justify spending it on the small returns of France's current colonies. Instead, the bulk of France's money was spent, first on the expansion of the state's trade across the globe, and later in the continued conversion of provinces to the Reformed faith. Eventually, the rather unimpressive kings made way for the various Kings Henri, whose administrative skills were enough to make conversion worth it again. By the time Henri IV rose to power (with wonderful 999 stats for some reason I can't really understand), most of France had been converted, save for a few of its peripheral Italian and German holdings.

Any move on Italy was further prevented by Austria's attack against the Polish state. France was content to stay out of the conflict and let things develop organically. So long as no other power saw fit to join against Austria, France was more than happy to watch as Polish army after army was ruined doing battle with the Habsburg legions. Occasionally, French armies were called upon to clear out rebels in southern Germany, which appears to have dismayed the Polish King to some degree, though he does not appear to have considered asking for help in handling his own rebel situation, but beyond that France remained uninvolved in events east of the Rhine. The conflict between these two states dragged on for a rather long time, longer than the government of France expected or considered wise, but it does not seem to have greatly disappointed either side, so there is little more to say about it.

The conclusion of the war, however, left Poland quite thoroughly exhausted from its profuse bloodletting. France stepped forward, offering to purchase the three provinces of Nice, Piedmonte, and Genoa from the devastated Polish kingdom. France had made early overtures to buy these lands years prior, but owing to excessive Polish demands and the fact Austria quickly overran them, the negotiations lapsed and the matter was left to linger for quite some time. Nonetheless, France is happy with its new acquisitions, and hopes conversion will go smoothly and cheaply for the kingdom’s sake.

Previously mentioned in brief, trade deserves at least a bit of a further consideration. At the end of this session, if the stats are to be believed, France enjoys the highest trade income of all the various powers. This, no doubt, is one of the benefits of having embraced the Reformed religion, which gives our merchants higher trade efficiency, having French goods more competitive on the global markets. Yet, most encouraging of all, France’s commerce has yet to hit a ceiling. France leads in trade tech and can easily continue to do so well into the mid-term future. Moreover, there are still plenty of markets, particularly in Poland and North America, though India and Central Asia are conspicuous in the absence of French trade, which have yet to be properly exploited, meaning there is still plenty of work to be done in the realm of peaceful expansion and economic growth.

Overall, I think that France can look back on the previous several decades with a fair amount of optimism for what is to come. The religious strife has been weathered. France’s neighbors appear content with the boundaries that were settled and have been set practically in stone for generations (though those Brandenburger provinces along the Rhine sure do look tempting…) But there is reason for caution in the coming years. Henri IV can’t live forever, regardless of his ludicrously high stats, and the blank spaces on the map opened up by the departure of Venice and Persia are steadily being filled in. How long before some power decides those empty spaces weren’t enough? France has always wanted to maintain a just balance of power, but who can say how long justice can prevail against ambition?

>1,000 words, please add French cores on Provinces 686, 704, 678, and 567 (all in ROTW)

Last edited:
#Neumark becomes German
event = {
id = 88662
trigger = {
AND = {
flag = [Neumark_PolishI]
OR = { owned = { province = 313 data = PRU }
owned = { province = 313 data = HAB }
owned = { province = 313 data = BRA } } #Neumark
}
}
random = no
province = 313 #Neumark
name = "Neumark becomes German"
desc = "The area of Neumark had been settled by western Slavs since the early medieval era. In the 13th century it passed into the political sphere of Holy Roman Empire. The first act of German colonization was issued in 1175 by Boleslaw I the Tall, Polish prince of Silesia (Küstrin was part of Silesia, not Great Poland), but a significant influx of new settlers didn't start until about 50 years later. Due to this colonization and fact that Poland lost interest in its former western parts of the realm while moving towards the east, Neumark had been Germanized. Had Poland regained that province, it may well have remained Polish. But in such a situation, the process could had always been reversed, of course, had the Holy Roman Emperor or any german prince managed to reconquer the province."

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "Repopulate the province immediately!"
command = { type = setflag which = [Neumark_GermanI] }
command = { type = provinceculture which = 313 value = german }
command = { type = population which = 313 value = 500 }
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 313 value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = 313 value = 1 }
}
}

This never happened when Neumark was mine once again. I'd like it to be fired.

Austria:1565-1590

Hal was switching to a Polish-Venetian hybrid superstate which Drake had agreed to create on my urging and with the support of most of the rest of the crew, in order to solve the gaping black hole in our roster that had been left by the sudden rage quit of our English player, whose spot was now going to be filled by Piotr.

This prospect of continuing to have Hal as a neighbor should have been more alarming to me, given the likelihood... no, not the likelihood, but the hard fact that we always fight each other within a very small interval of time. Now that Hal was no longer in a very weak position, but actually able to command a powerful army with a powerful state to keep it supplied and reinforced, my level of fuckededness was clearly about to go up a couple notches.

I was of course counting on us fighting. What I didn't count on was Hal beating me. In spite of his better numbers, greater wealth, and so on, I figured that having his country divided would allow me to grab a decisive amount of warscore and thus be able to stabhit him after achieving a preponderance of battle warscore, as so often happens in our wars. But when I eventually did DOW, I did it without getting any information about his coming monarch, Stefan Bathory. That was a problem.

The one before that was a 222 or so by the look of it. I don't believe he had any great leaders either, so had I only to deal with a 222 led Poland and the rabble it had leading his armies at the time, things might've gone differently. But instead, he got a 9 mil monarch and a great leader(I'm still too lazy to check exactly how great, but he was better than any of my leaders).

I also sort of blundered by DOWing him right after some of his land sales to Spain, so he had a pretty huge cash reserve. Big woopses all around. I'm not going to get into details about the war except, but he lost way more troops than me and blew through the whole war chest he'd received from Drake. I ran out of money and manpower. If I just had a little bit more to go on, I could've turned it into a stalemate I think. Another 30-40k may have made the difference. I think Hal was close to getting tired of bleeding his resources all over, but alas. So accepted a stabhit for three provs instead of listening anymore to the crazy demands he was starting to talk about.

Next order of business was to try to get infra 5, which I pursued relentlessly but as of yet without success, because Austria is dirt poor and has the tech speed of lame squirrel with rickets. It is of utmost importance that I get to this level as soon as possible, so that I can start to afford my blundering wars without the total charity of other countries. Spain has been very generous so far in funding my various misadventures. But I can't expect that to last forever- or at least, to address all my needs, since they are so great.

Austria is thinking about establishing some sort of grand colonial empire to take the minds of my citizens off the terrible troubles they face every day at home, what with the food shortages, the depressing news items, and the constant threat of Poland returning to annex more territory. It's very traumatic. But a colonial empire might just do the trick at taking their minds off their troubles, and re-igniting dreams of glory and splendor for Austria.

I sent my explorers and short lived conqs out and found a spot in South America that seemed habitable. Had some unsuccessful attempts but managed to succeed in one province eventually before running out of colonists. But it's a start. With the establishment of this little colony, Austria embarks on another adventure which will undoubtedly afford many blessings to the Austrian people, unlike all of the past endeavors on the continent. Perhaps if I eventually build a shipyard, I'll get enough colonists to finish off this colony and then start another one or two.

The problem is that Spain seems to be annoyed by this development, and annoying one of the few countries that really wants me to succeed may be a bad strategy, so I'm not 100 percent sure about this colonial policy. I'm probably just going to have to shift to a new locale before going all in on the establishment of colonies. Eh, c'est la vie.

Austria really needs a successful war somewhere to raise morale. Where is it going to have that though, considering every neighbor is stronger, and I have such little money to go on. Perhaps if I could get somebody to agree to a very limited war, in which both sides only use the troops they have standing, but who would agree to that? Sensible as such a thing would be, it would probably never work.

I need cots. If I could just get my trade up, then I would have a chance again. I could afford a few mercs to make up for my terrible lack of manpower, and I could build forts and keep up in the tech races. This is the worst Austria I've ever played. Conditions are quite shameful and need to somehow be remedied, but finding a sensible course that is also able to dramatically improve my fortunes is not a very easy thing to find. Usually in my games I start out very strong and then get bored and somehow throw it away. In this one, the opposite has so far happened. But how to also make the ending be the opposite.

Of course, eventually Hal needs to be annexed. That is the one thing I can be sure of. So long as he is my neighbor and is strong and threatening, Austria will not only be unable to reach the level of power and honor that it deserves, but will be under threat of annihilation, a constant sacrifice on the altar of Hal's blood lust. And that's over 1000 words finally, so I'm outta here...

Reward: big aar gold

Brandenburg: 1565-1590

The session started off (a good few hours later) with some people swapping countries. Mystic would now be playing England, while HAL got Poland. Merged with Venice's provinces. Now this would generally make me laugh, but this meant that both HAL and John are on my border. 90% of the time it means that I get to enjoy a good show. As for the rest, it means that war clouds are coming over Berlin. I knew that it would be hard to convince HAL to keep things rational but considering I had a new player next to me there was space for new diplomacy as well. After a lenghty chat I managed to convince HAL that selling Neumark and Hinterpommern would be a beneficial step for him. I was offering a really good (too good) price for them to make him consider it. I figured he'd need money anyway as I could see the vultures scrambling around him for his nice far off provinces. Anyway, one or two years after the start of the session I gathered the money and actually got the provinces. Hinterpommern managed to switch back to German, it was supposed to, but Neumark's event failed to come through so that will have to be edited. What is worse, as I didn't assuault the provinces as I already had cores anyway, the conversion in Neumark was successful and the province turned catholic. With Polish stuck as the base culture I didn't try to convert it at all.

Shortly after this business I noticed that Hessen still refused to convert despite them having one province that was reformed. I considered attacking them but for two stability I thought better of it for the time being. The game sort of insited on me attacking though, giving me one of the CB events that took away 2 stab from me. In other words, the game mechanisms bullied me into attacking Hessen. That I promptly did, and I converted them to protestant in the war around 1571.

Meanwhile I was busy setting up colonies west to the Great Lakes region. I had a deal with Sweden to split Dakota and around 1576 I got around to do my part of pagan bashing. It took me roughly a year because of the harsh winters. I decided not to outright annex them, instead I took three of their provinces and roughly 900d. I was deliberately keeping my stability low anyway, so this wasn't a bad deal for -1 stab later on. The whole (German) world saw our valiant fight against these Native Americans and as a recognition for our duty, the electors of the HRE elected good old Johann Georg of Brandenburg as the emperor. This will probably be the only time we can enjoy this title, as we got it through good relations with Hessen that came from the build-up to their diplovassalization.

The second Dakota round happened around 1583. It was pretty straightforward, I waited for the Dakotan army to march out from their capital, so that I can inherit them when I annex them, and then I walked in and assaulted Omaha and annexed them. Around the same time Hessen seemed ripe for diplo-annexation so I tried my luck. It worked out and the last of the German minors were gone. What is more, during the last years of Hessen as an independent protestant country they somehow converted their province to protestant so I even got a free conversion out of this thing. Oh, the small joys of life.

As for the vultures and Poland, HAL managed to cash in most of his Italian provinces to Spain, and later on to France. However, before the French deal could have been completed, the highly "unexpected" happened, and Austria went to war with Poland. This war lasted a bloody long time and I was busy pretending to have important colonial stuff so I didn't really follow the events that well. One thing is certain, John miscalculated when he measured Poland's power and despite him attacking, he had to fight a long defensive war. Despite getting warscore from the remnants of Polish Italy, Austria was overran eventually. The sad truth is that Poland has an enormus manpower and support base, and John managed to target him at the worst possible time, as the Polish treasury was full of money from all the province sales. On the other hand, this is not too bad for tiny Brandenburg, as it turned out Poland managed to spend around 10000 ducats on this war. This of course shattered the Polish dreams for manufactory building for the session. This was hardly seen as a bad thing from Berlin. In the end Austria accepted a careless stabhit from Poland, and ceded most of Bohemia and Pozsony to Poland.

Shortly before the end of the session I finally got a lucky break from all the stabhitting events and I got myself a free conquistador. What is more he spawned out in my colonies, so I could continue discovering provinces South of New Brandenburg. If no one decides to spoil the New World fun for me these provinces will be the cores of the German expansion for the future. For the first time in forever, Brandenburg could enjoy a session without any real war, apart from some rebel duty in Austria and some pagan bashing in Dakota. We are still one of the poorest countries around so independent diplomacy is not something we can really try. Having said that we are not puppets... yet I suppose. There might be a potential chance for growth out in the New World, but that will have to be seen. We have rumours that certain potential enemies of the state are massing around certain holdings of Berlin, keen on bringing on an uneven fight. To what extent these rumours are true I'm sure we will find out soon enough. As far as I'm concerned, there is not enough warscore there to stabhit me for more than one or perhaps two, but that would be stretching it, colonies. Whoever wants to take the Berliner's colonies will have to come to Berlin itself.

gold please

Figured I'd write this out before I start to forget stuff:

France: 1590 - 1616

France had originally entered into this particular session with a series of very specific plans in mind. As is so very often the case with such plans, however, very little of them survived contact with the reality of affairs. That is not to say, I might emphasize, that this session was hard on the French realm. Rather, developments simply unfolded in a way not initially anticipated. First and foremost, the absence of the Swedish and Ottoman players left some fairly large gaps in the balance of powers in the world, but which did not appear to result in any material increase in the state of geopolitical stability. The Eastern Question, which France fully expected would explode in spectacular fashion, remained perfectly unresolved for the time being.

Early on, France agreed to a pact of non-aggression with the kingdom of Spain, after rumors abounded of an impending Anglo-Spanish assault upon France. This would be the defining political element of the majority of this session, and it is very likely that much of what would soon unfold was the product of this snap arrangement between Spain and France. A diplomatic move that was not, however, part of this arrangement was the purchase of Milan from Austria. The deal had been discussed briefly at another time, and had almost completely slipped my mind before the offer was renewed. Though wrong religion, Milan has Lombard culture, offering France the opportunity to convert it.

French payment to Austria was, however, disrupted by the sudden and unexpected declaration of war by England. This was all the more unexpected because England had just finished a war with Spain, where, apparently for lack of Spanish effort, England had succeeded in taking control of the mouth of the Mississippi River and the center of trade in Bayou. In this particular move, England demanded the annexation of Table. Somewhat ironically, the Table center of trade would, sometime over the course of this session, disappear and reappear in Natal. The war, however, was not prosecuted with much vigor. An attempt to land a large English force at La Rochelle and force the French fleet to sea failed rather miserably. The assault could not overcome the defenders and was forced back into the sea. For several months, it dragged on inconclusively, the French navy too small to risk sallying forth to deal with Admiral Drake, with the English doing little more than making half-hearted efforts to land a few thousand troops along the Norman and Brittany coast, most of which were promptly destroyed or forced to disband for fear of attack by King Henri's cavalry stack.

England's attack on Table finally came in the form of about 20k infantry being landed at the cape. Faced with an army of equal size entrenched in a mountain province, the result was not really in doubt, and was easily repelled. The English did manage to capture La Rochelle briefly, though their navy, not absent Drake, was defeated and forced to retreat northward while the English army was defeated. All combined, this was apparently enough for the English to come to terms, agreeing to a white peace.

The English war was ultimately only a minor distraction from French efforts to further explore and build up the colonial empire. French ships sailed through the Strait of Magellan and up the western coast of South America, plied the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, and reached Australia and even deeper into the Pacific Ocean. The whole coast of eastern Australia was colonized, save for the extreme north, and a mighty center of trade burst into existence there, giving France, at the center's height, a whopping 8 ducats!

France received a major shock in 1506 with the sudden declaration of war by Spain and Austria, all the more so because there was still four years remaining in the non-aggression pact. This revelation was enough to prompt the pair of them to sign a white peace. This would give France another five years to prepare itself for the coming onslaught. The pair of them, it would appear, demanded Alsace and Genoa. By contrast, France was bombarded by "offers" of alliance from England, who demanded the 'return' of Calais and Antwerp in exchange for help, though the implication was there plainly enough that he would take advantage of the war to attack me as well if I did not agree to a demand that was actually more costly than the Habsburg demands.

Intent to avoid a 3 on 1, I quickly built up my navy and assaulted England. About 125 galleys, perhaps a fifth of his fleet, was caught with its pants down, and the rest was defeated in detail, allowing me to transport over the English Channel about 100,000 soldiers. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with no hope of a foreign intervention (Spain and Austria still had 2 to 3 years left on the truce), England promptly agreed to my terms of a non-aggression pact for 20 years. But as the countdown to the renewed war neared 0, it became clear France would not be able to win a protracted war, while so many of its leaders were dying, especially when faced with General Spinola. France thus agreed to give Alsace to Austria, though decided to try my luck alone against Spain.

The war began well enough, approximately 75,000 French infantry defeating about 100k under Spinola, who would perish over the course of the war under mysterious circumstances. Parma was also taken briefly, though the weight of Spanish numbers soon took its toll on my armies. Unwilling to make the same kind of monetary committment, my armies were steadily worn down and overwhelmed by the massive Spanish numerical superiority. The breaking point came when a tactical blunder was made, retreating from Piedmont to allow my armies times to reinforce and resupply while the demoralized Spanish army outside Genoa was allowed the chance to reorganize. In many respects, this was a tipping point. There were too many Spanish troops, not enough French troops, and too many Italian cities to retake. Thus, peace was signed, ceding control of Milan to the Spanish. Looking at the stats, it might be fair to say Spain suffered more casualties in the fighting than France, though much of that would be speculative. Still, a good little war was had by all involved.

> 1k words, -1 inflation please, added to last week's cores on Provinces 686, 704, 678, and 567.

Sweden – Fanan möter nya horisonter

It was another moment if peace, but still busy.
Early on was the most crucial part, the conquistador was send to Congo and east North America.
Our explorer was send to India, and east Africa. Another deal made with Russia before and needs to be finished. But only managed to explore east Africa, up to Somalia, and east of Madagascar. But failed the find the path to India.
Reunion, the small islands east of Madagascar was explored and colonized, and was soon blessed with a center of trade. Not very valuable, but it provided the empire with some extra merchants. And even Seychelles was under Swedish control, colonized and functional. Now the Swedish people will taste spices, no more boring food.
One of our conquistador was doing a very important mission in Africa, the Spanish sale of South Africa to France was worrisome. The French had already conquered the tribe state Zulu, and the king feared they similar ambitions about Zimbabwe, 6provinces or so was explored before our noble conquistador died of Malaria. But the most crucial parts were done. A city was established between our countries in order to have a supply line and lose fewer men from attrition.
The other conquistador was on mission in North America. The goal was Dakota and North Canada. Provinces north and east of Dakota were explored, but sadly not Canada. Our glorious conquistador died just after a few years, possibly from a cold.

The situation in Europe was stabile. The previous war against England had erased most of the tension. Because the last English king fell for the revolts. He had to flee to country in order to survive, god knows where he´s hiding. The new English king – Mystic, was a lot more rational. Our kings sealed some deals, and they gave us access thru North America.
And a war was started; the Austrian supreme leader decided it would be a good time to strike the polish empire. Poland herself is a huge empire with massive armies, and a large war chest.
The Austrian empire probably miscalculated the provinces value in Italy and their defensive strength. It ended up with Poland conquering 3provinces. Two in Bohemia and one in Hungary, and is one province away from connecting his empire with his Mediterranean possessions.

Back to Africa, the king was eager to send missionaries down to Congo, in order to convert the pagans to Protestant faith. And learn them our way of living. So the newly converted provinces are now providing the African army with reinforcements, somewhere between 40.000-50.000 men was on duty in the far south. And armies were deployed for war against Zimbabwe. The war went smoothly, but the savannah was trouble, lions everywhere. And the exploration was a pain, but otherwise the conditions were well. The supply line we established did wonders, and our armies did not have to starve.
But the empire was very lucky, because we have received news about a man in Finland. Offering his services as conquistador, the king accepted immediately and shipped him down to Zimbabwe. He showed the armies a proper way to march in these conditions, and which plants that was eatable. So exploring central and south Zimbabwe went smoothly, but the French king was now aware of the situation and hoped Swedish forces would besiege all of their land in order to annex it. Defensive armies were placed here and there, in case of French interference. But luckily the French king did not do so!
And 25.000 men joined the Swedish army after the Zimbabwean collapse, the goldmines provided us with some extra income. And minting was necessary to convert all the new provinces, 7 in total was succefully converted. And the Empire now has a formidable base in Africa, that can reach both America and Asia.

The war in America against Daktota was not that easy tho, the lack of a base in America was troublesome. Armies had to walk form Delaware, and walk far to reach the target. Attrition was a pain, and several reinforcement armies had to be shipped from the motherland. And our conquistador did once again die in the war, so exploring was hard. The empires had with great success occupied all provinces, and send several peace offers. But communication was a problem, and they rejected 8 peace offers or so. But the war was finished after a lot of negotiation, and 4provinces and about 700ducats was now under Swedish control. And here the converts was cheaper, and 3/4 of the provinces was convertet, and we was also blessed with another center of trade here.
A deal with Brandenburg was now becoming reality, the deal was to split Dakota. And Brandenburg gets some new colonies, and works as a barrier between Sweden and England. The relations between the empires have improved greatly, and Brandeburg now controls central North America. Hopefully it helps Brandeburg to fend off her bigger neighbors in a possible war.
Now the goal for America is to explore the western parts of it, and also Canada. And we will soon have a power station in America. Sadly the empire did not gain the amount of grain that we did hope for, but hopefully we will find some more in Africa.
And there is still a lot to explore in Africa, and the polish advance in Africa is worrisome. And is controlling much of the northeastern parts and working her way down to central Africa.
And the new explorer that the empire hired for next session will work on a mission to explore further in Asia, and hopefully reach our Chinese colony in Taiwan. And hopefully take Shanghai.

Here is some relation status:
France: Neutral, unchanged
England: Much friendlier and reasonable.
Russia: No aggression, positive status.
Poland: Blobbing up, but fun to see a successful Poland
Austria: Unchanged
OE: Neutral
Spain: Positive status, Swedish king is grateful for the previous help from Spain.
Brandenburg: Friendlier, couple of deals has brought us closer.

Reward; 1k gold

Here is the event that i want to be triggered:

#The Walloons in Sweden#
event = {
id = 3227
trigger = {
owned = {
province = 257
data = -1
}
}
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3227"
desc = "EVENTHIST3227"
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1600 }
offset = 3649
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1611 }

action_a = { # Encourage Walloon immigration
name = "ACTIONNAME3227A"
command = { type = provincetax which = 257 value = 9 }
command = { type = provincetax which = 260 value = 4 }
command = { type = population which = 257 value = 2000 }
command = { type = population which = 260 value = 400 }
command = { type = mine which = 257 value = 100 }
command = { type = gainmanufactory which = 257 value = weapons }
command = { type = infra value = 1000 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 48 value = 3 } # Disgruntled Swedish workers
command = { type = stability value = -1 } # Integration problems
}
}

#The Military Reforms of Gustavus Adolphus#
event = {
id = 3228
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3228"
desc = "EVENTHIST3228"
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1615 }
offset = 0
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1615 }

action_a ={ # Regional Conscription
name = "ACTIONNAME3228A"
command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = 1 }
command = { type = land value = 2000 }
command = { type = provincemanpower which = -2 value = 2 }
command = { type = provincemanpower which = -1 value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 } # Lost farmers
command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 }
}
action_b ={ # Mercenary Core
name = "ACTIONNAME3228B"
command = { type = manpower value = 5 }
command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = 1 }
command = { type = land value = 2000 }
}
action_c ={ # Naval Expansion (for the colonial player)
name = "ACTIONNAME3228C"
command = { type = naval value = 4000 }
command = { type = gainbuilding which = 254 value = shipyard }
command = { type = gainmanufactory which = 252 value = navalequipment }
command = { type = domestic which = LAND value = -2 }
}
}

Here i want to choose option C, if i can change the the shipyards position, from Svealand to Skåne.
Province ID får Skåne: 251

#King Sigismund and Duke Charles#
event = {
id = 3229
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3229"
desc = "EVENTHIST3229"
style = 2

date = { day = 15 month = september year = 1598 }

action_a ={ #Duke Charles#
name = "ACTIONNAME3229A"
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 06305 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -1 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09524 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09541 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09542 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09548 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09465 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09471 }
command = { type = infra value = 500 }
command = { type = treasury value = 300 }
command = { type = stability value = 2 }
}
action_b ={ #King Sigismund#
name = "ACTIONNAME3229B"
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 06320 }
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 06321 }
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 06322 }
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 06323 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09565 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 09566 }
#command = { type = sleepleader which = 09524 }
#command = { type = sleepleader which = 09541 }
#command = { type = sleepleader which = 09542 }
#command = { type = sleepleader which = 09548 }
#command = { type = sleepleader which = 09465 }
#command = { type = sleepleader which = 09471 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3230 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3236 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3237 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3238 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3239 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3240 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3245 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3246 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3248 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3254 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3754 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = 250 }
command = { type = dynastic which = POL }
command = { type = alliance which = POL }
command = { type = vassal which = POL }
command = { type = religion which = catholic }
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
}
}

Option A here.

#The Court of Appeals#
event = {
id = 3235
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3235"
desc = "EVENTHIST3235"
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1614 }
offset = 364

action_a ={ # Ok
name = "ACTIONNAME3235A"
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
}
}

Maybe this can be edited? +1 stab and centra.

#Axel Oxenstierna#
event = {
id = 3233
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3233"
desc = "EVENTHIST3233"
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1612 }
offset = 30

action_a ={ # Appoint him Chancellor
name = "ACTIONNAME3233A"
command = { type = DIP which = 4 value = 240 }
command = { type = ADM which = 4 value = 240 }
command = { type = MIL which = 4 value = 240 }
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
}
action_b ={ # Allow him free reign
name = "ACTIONNAME3233B"
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
command = { type = religion which = reformed }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 252 value = reformed }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 254 value = reformed }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 257 value = reformed }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 341 value = reformed }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 1469 value = reformed }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 5 }
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = DAN value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = -100 }
command = { type = DIP which = 4 value = 240 }
command = { type = ADM which = 4 value = 240 }
command = { type = MIL which = 4 value = 240 }
}
}

Option A

Dont forget to put me on 5 in landslider, maybe give me +2 from start? because i get -2 from the shipyard event.

And -2 in mercantilism from sliders. And dont forget the gold reward :)

Brandenburg: 1590-1616

The session started with me anticipating that England might decide not to attack Spain but come for me instead. As it turned out, my fears of having my colonial game cut short stayed just fears. There was no invasion and I could carry on building colonies in North America, gradually expanding to the West. Without Sweden being played for the session I had the opportunity to establish myself in the region as a well entrenched power, which lead to a better position in upcoming negotiations vis-a-vis Sweden. But more about that later on. I slowly expanded towards Navajo building colonies close to their border. I've checked previously with Drake and I had the green light to have a go at them. Before that could happen, I had a couple of stuff to sort out in Europe. First off, John finished the last session in a bit strained state, a consequence of the Polish war, so I had to fill in for rebel duty. It was going so well, that later on I had to do the same in Brandenburg, when some angry Polish people came over the border causing havoc. As far as I could understand, they thought that Neumark still had Polish culture but they were so outraged that everything was German once again that they started burning stuff. The army had to be deployed and thus the story of 27000 angry Poles came to a swift end.

Around 1598 Drake organized a stab-free war for me against Navajo. I had my lovely conquistador rout the vile pagans. In the August of the same year I forced a deal on Navajo. Terms were similar to the terms Dakota got, they gave me their treasury with all their provinces but the capital, in exchange I promised them that I'll be back later on to finish this affair. A lovely deal for both of our nations. From this point onwards I was busy colonizing the Western coast of North America. The more valuable provinces were soon discovered and colonized or claimed. I also made sure to explore some of the centre of trades that were so far hidden from the rest of the world, so that some of the lovely trade income can start flowing into Brandenburg as well. However, some of these centre of trades are still underdeveloped because a certain country, TC, is slow with building colonies in the lovely lands of the convicts. But I'm sure this issue will be fixed at some point.

In 1607 I had a neat random conversion happening in Kleve. Earlier I also had a successful one in Neumark so that left me with only one catholic province in Europe, far away from Poland. In 1609 I saw that HAL was building a fort so I asked what was the particular reason for that. He managed to say something about John telling him that I'm scheming, which was pretty inconsistent with the actual truth. In any case, I promised the mad man that I'll show him the internal state of Brandenburg of the time. And I'm not a man who goes back on his promises.

A9o9vW2.png

Here HAL, I urge you to theorize about how I would go through Bohemia to hit you with all those armies standing on the Austrian border.

The rest of the session went calm for Brandenburg, well the whole session went like that. By 1616 I completely managed to block anyone else from colonizing the west coast. After the session I sought Delian out and we agreed on a deal that would see both of us prosper in the region. Brandenburg now has an acceptable income and perhaps it is time for us to build manufactures. If only we had a centre of trade everything would be better. But then again the closest one is Holstein and, begin the second poorest (let's just say the poorest together with John) country I have no intentions of showing G2A the finger so we will have to acquire one somewhere else.

Out in the big world a few other things happened. Austria did many province sales and province swaps, changing their border quite significantly. Spain has invaded Rome which leaves us with a reduced I'M THE POPE!!! rhetoric from HAL which is most welcome. HAL, expanded towards the Ottomans in Europe (through province swapping with John) and this might signal something unseen before (during this campaign at least). England managed to wrestle Bayou away from Spain early in the session then tried his luck with France as well. That didn't work out so well, TC kept it calm and beat back all of the English attempts and waited till the English decided that a WP was more than enough. Later on Spain and Austria decided to warn France that they would like to attack a few years down the line. Or what really happened was that France still had a non aggression pact with Spain so that attack was called off for a few years. England, however, thought it is a viable strategy to threaten France once again. What happened was the most obvious thing I've seen that day – apart from HAL being insane – France attacked England before the truce ran out with the others. A non aggression pact was forced on England by France. After this, France folded one province to Austria so that a gentleman's war could be had between France and Spain. While the war was bloody, it only resulted in one province changing owners due to the restriction of the affair to Italy. I expect the next session to be a bit more lively than this one, with Sweden and hopefully the OE returning to the scene we might see more action all over the map.

Brandenburg's plans for next week include building manufactures, toying around with the DP sliders and some peaceful colony building. Perhaps all this sprinkled with a bit of trading if I can spot some empty spots here and there. The way I see it, I've taken a lion's share of the warfare in the first half of the campaign so I deserve some rest. Then again, every time I talk about having just 'one beer' I end up in a socially unacceptable state hours later somewhere completely different from where I started off, so asking for peace might result in being invaded over and over again. Oh well.

Reward:
Last week's reward – 1000+ words money (before 1600)
This week's reward – 1000+ words money (after 1600)

Imperium Osmańskie 1565-1590

W roku 1565 doszło do mocnego przetasowania sił w Europie. Wenecja, mizerny kraj, o dość sporych możliwościach ekonomicznych na dobrą sprawę przestał istnieć. Władca Polski, Mystic, przeniósł się wraz z całym dworem na wyspy, by rządzić od tej pory krolestwem Anglii. ówczesny doża wenecki zaś przeprowadził się do Warszawy. Ta wymiana miejsc miała na celu przetasowanie sojuszy, czyli zerwanie sojuszu turecko-polskiego, a także zostawienie terenów Włoch na pastwę Francji, Austrii i Hiszpanii, które rzekomo miały rozpocząć walczyć o prowincje i wpływy na półwyspie apenińskim, a tym samym zerwać swój sojusz. Stało się jednak tak jak przewidziałem, zainteresowane kraje zwyczajnie dogadały się co do podziału ziem. Cały półwysep przypadł praktycznie Hiszpanii, Genua wraz z centrum handlowym Francji. jedyny pokrzywdzony zaistniałych zmian to John na swojej wojowniczej Austrii. Wypowiedział wojnę Polsce, w celu uzyskania kilku weneckich prowincji (przypomnijmy, że były one w posiadaniu Polski po wyedytowanym połączeniu ziem weneckich i polskich). Nie dość, że Austria przegrała wojnę, straciła czeskie prowincje, to dodatkowo nie uszczknęła nawet kęsa z weneckiego tortu.

Kolejną zmianą jest "rezygnacja" perma na Persji (ostatni raz wziąłem tego gracza do kampanii swoją drogą ;) ). persja, jako kraj prowadzony przez AI dostała 5 lat truce z sąsiadami. W jakim celu? Nie wiem.

Tak więc sesja rozpoczeła się od wojny austriacko-polskiej, oraz masowej wyprzedaży ziem weneckich przez Polskę. Jako, że nie chciałem zbytnio ingerować w tamtym rejonie, a dodatkowo nie chciałem wspierać ani Austrii, ani Polski, zająłem się swoimi sprawami, czyli biciem AI i nawracaniem heretyków na jedyną słuszną wiarę, jaką z pewnością jest Sunnityzm! Wojska tureckie wkroczyły do pogańskiego kraju leżącego w centrum Afryki, bez problemu rozgromiły zacofanych tubylcow, ktorzy nie chcieli dobrowolnie przyjąć zwierzchności Imperatora i Allaha po czym anektowały cały kraj. Trwało to trochę, ponieważ pierw musiałem odkryć wszystkie ziemie należące do AI. Po zajęciu pogan przystąpiłem do ich nawracania. Kosztowny i powolny to procen, aczkolwiek całkiem skuteczny. Po jednej fali rzezi heretyków w Afryce jedynie 3 prowincje wciąż ostały się przy swoich barbarzyńskich kanibalistycznych rytuałach. pozostałe prowincje grzecznie wstają rankiem, rozkladają dywanik i skierowani w stronę Mekki modlą się do prorokoa i Allaha o łaskę i siłę dla swego przywodcy, Imperatora Osmana.

Kolejnym ruchem było odcięcie Państwa Moskiewskiego od Persji, by agresywny w słowie rusek czasem nie dobrał się do muzulmańskich ziem persów. Podbiłem ziemie Hord khazackiej i bodajże Nogajskiej (nigdy nie zapamiętam tych przeklętych nazw), tym samym odcinając Rusinów od Persów. Mając tak przygotowany terytorialnie kraj rozpoczałem wojnę z Persją, która dzięki łasce Allaha wyskoczyła eventem. W pierwszej wojnie, dość krwawej zająłem część prowincji, o które mi chodziło. Chciałem szybko pozajmować co trzeba, gdyż obawiałem się zdradzieckiego ataku ze strony Moskwy. Na szczęście nic takiego się nie wydarzyło i ziemie tureckie powiększyły się o kolejne prowincje duszyczek pełnych gorliwych wyznawców Allaha.

Dzięki tym wszystkim podbojom, jak i wojnom, prowadzonym w uprzednich latach BB, oraz inflacja poszły mocno w górę. W tym celu wdrożono pracę nad nowoczesną technologią zwalczania inflacji, jaką z sukesem wprowadzono w Hiszpanii. Po osiągnięciu 5 poziomu infrastruktury rozpoczalem powływanie urzędów majorów, którzy w magiczny sposób walczą z inflacją. Na chwilę obecną we wszystkich prowincjach takowy urząd się znajduje. Postanowiłem również zainwestować w handel. Liczni kupcy ze słynnymi tureckimi towarami w postaci kebabów poczęli wędrować do Europejskich stolic handlu. obecnie Turcja ma trzeci dochód na świecie, po Hiszpanii i Francji.

Tymczasem w Europie po wojnie Polski z Austrią nastała cisza. Polska, dzięki połączeniu z weneckimi prowincjami wyrosła na nie lada potęgę. na domiar złego, potęge, która kontroluje Aleksandrię, tureckie centrum handlowe, bezprawnie zabrane i przyłączone do Polski. Mimo prób negocjacji, Warszawa nie chce zwrócić owej prowincji prawnego właścicielowi. Turcja nie zamierza jednak wojować o jedną prowincję i psuć moim zdaniem dośc dobrych mimo wszystko relacji ze swoim sąsiadem.

Austria, po porażce, jakiej doznała na chwilę obecną nie jest przeciwnikiem, który Turcja mogłaby obrać sobie za cel. Nie kopie się leżącego.

Podobnie ma się sprawa z Rosją. W sumie na dobrą sprawę, nie wiem czy pepsi dalej gra, czy zrezygnował z kampanii. Poza tym, nie mają nic, czego Turcja mogłaby chcieć. Niestety, Turcja nie liczy na poprawę bardzo złych stosunków z Moskwą, ponieważ Rosjanie mają zbyt wygórowane żądania terytorialne. Nie mniej jednak, gdyby Rusini zmienili swoje postrzeganie świata z pewnością mozna by nasze relacje naprawić.

Do Hiszpanii mam ciągle żal o jego bezprawną agresję na tereny Tureckie, podczas wojny brandenbursko-francusko-austriacko-rosyjsko przeciw Turcji i Persji. Do tamtej pory relacje były bardzo dobre, jednak agresja Madrytu mocno oziębiła owe, mimo zapewnień ze strony Hiszpanii, relacjom między Stambułem a madrytem daleko do dobrych.

Z pozostałymi krajami Turcja jako tako nie utrzymuje kontaktów. Utrzymują się na neutralnej stopie.

Na następnej sesji mnie nie będzie. Możliwe, że subnie adi, w innym wypadku będzie kraj ghostowany. Sam jestem ciekaw, jak się potoczą losy Europy. Czy wreszcie zachód zacznie wojować ze sobą, czy mimo wszystkich zapewnień, przetasowaniu permów wszystko pozostanie po staremu? Czas pokaże. Turcja póki co jest dośc mocnym militarnie i ekonomicznie krajem, jednak nie jest w stanie przeciwstawić się poteznym sojuszom, jakie opanowały Europę.

I'll do the text edit later, during the week. But so far, only simple google translate.

Uncle Google said:
The Ottoman Empire 1565-1590

In the year 1565 there was a strong shake-up of forces in Europe . Venice, miserable country , with quite considerable economic opportunities for all intents and ceased to exist. The Lord of the Polish , Mystic , moved with his entire court to the islands to rule the kingdom of England so far . Doge of Venice and then moved to Warsaw . This exchange sites had to reshuffle alliances , or break the Turkish- Polish alliance and leave areas of Italy at the mercy of France, Austria and Spain, which have allegedly started to fight for influence in the provinces and the Apennine peninsula , and thus break their alliance . But it turned out as predicted , the countries concerned simply to reach an agreement on the distribution of land. The whole peninsula fell virtually Spain, Genoa and a shopping center France. the only victim of the changes to John for his militant Austria. Declared war on Poland , in order to obtain several Venetian provinces (recall that they were in possession of Polish lands after wyedytowanym combined Venetian and Polish ) . Not only that Austria lost the war , lost the Czech provinces, it also uszczknęła not even a bite of Venetian cake.

Another change is the " opt out" perma in Persia ( the last time I took the player to a campaign by the way ;)). Persia , a country run by the AI gets five years truce with its neighbors. For what purpose? I do not know .

Thus, the session began with the Austrian- Polish war , and mass sell-off lands of Venice by Poland. As I did not want to interfere too much in that area , and also did not want to support or Austria, or Polish , I took care of their own affairs , or beating AI and proselytizing heretics only true faith , which is certainly Sunnityzm ! Turkish troops invaded the pagan country in the center of Africa, easily defeated the backward natives , who did not want to voluntarily adopt the Emperor and sovereignty of Allah and then anektowały the country. It took a little bit, because first I had to discover all the lands belonging to the AI. After the occupation of the Gentiles started to make converts . Expensive and slow this percentage , but quite effective. After a wave of massacres of heretics in Africa, only three provinces still are traced by their barbarous rites . other provinces politely get up in the morning, spread a rug and directed toward Mecca to pray to Allah prorokoa and the grace and strength to his leaders , Emperor Osman .

The next move was to cut off your Moscow from Persia, that the word rusek aggressive sometimes chose not to Persian Muslim lands . I raised lands Hord khazackiej and probably Nogajskiej (I never remember the damn name ) , thus cutting off the Russians from the Persians . With so prepared territorially country started the war with Persia , which by the grace of Allah jumped Event. In the first war , quite bloody I took part of the province , of which I had in mind . I wanted these creatures quickly what you need, because I feared the treacherous attack from Moscow . Fortunately, nothing like that happened and Turkish lands increased by other provinces souls full of ardent followers of Allah.

With all these conquests and wars , conducted in previous years, BB , and inflation went up strongly . To this end, in place working on modern technology to combat inflation , which in sukesem introduced in Spain. Once you reach level 5 powływanie offices have begun infrastructure majors who magically fight against inflation . At the moment, in all the provinces any, the office is located. I decided to also invest in the trade. Many traders and the famous Turkish goods in the form of kebabs and began to wander to the European capitals of commerce. Turkey now has a third income in the world after Spain and France.

Meanwhile in Europe after the war, Polish and Austria there was silence . Poland , thanks to the combination of the Venetian provinces has grown into a real powerhouse. to make matters worse , the power that controls Alexandria , Turkish shopping center, wrongfully removed and attached to the Polish . Despite attempts to negotiate , Warsaw does not want to pay the legal owner of the province . However, Turkey is not going to war with one province and spoil my opinion, fairly good in spite of all relations with its neighbor.

Austria , after the defeat , which they suffered at the present time is not an enemy that Turkey could take the goal . No copies of the lying .

Similar is the case with Russia. All in all, a good case , I do not know if pepsi on the game , and gave up the campaign. Besides, I have nothing that Turkey could want. Unfortunately , Turkey does not matter to improve the very bad relations with Moscow , as the Russians are too large territorial demands . Nevertheless , if the Russians have changed their perception of the world can certainly make our relationship repair .

For Spain, I still feel sorry for the illegal Turkish aggression in the area during the war Brandenburg and the Franco -Austrian- Russian against Turkey and Persia. Until then, the relations were very good , but the aggression of Madrid firmly cool these , despite assurances from the Spanish , the relationship between Istanbul and Madrid is far from good .

In other countries, Turkey or less does not have relationships . It stands at the neutral rate .

At the next session, I will not. It is possible that subnie adi , otherwise the country will Ghosts . I'm curious , how the fate of Europe. Is the West finally start to war with each other, and despite all the assurances reshuffle permów everything will remain as usual ? Time will tell . Turkey as long as it is fairly strong country militarily and economically , but is not able to stand up to a powerful alliances that gripped Europe.

-5bb

1590-1616 Austria

Austria had a much better session than it has had the entire game. The economy actually improved, and by a lot! Which is not something that can be said at least a third of the time, much less say that it happened a lot. Some overseas expansion occurred in Venezuala, albeit on a small scale. And trade improved, and technology advanced to a quite excellent level. All in all, Austria may just have a bright future ahead of it.

Trade was helped a lot by eventually exploring the American cots, which were not heavily populated and thus easy to establish trade in without fear of competition(any of which is a big problem when you get 1-3 merchants a year). Now trade stands at about 20 monthly income, which may not seem like a lot but is in fact a whole lot for a country the size of Austria, with now a total income of about 110 MI.

But in spite of its apparent insignificance economically, it has a quite good tech speed, coming up in fourth place overall, but only barely behind the 3rd place country. It's still only half as fast as Spain, but I don't need to compete with Spain anyway. Since I'm not teching naval at all, it's hard to accurately assess my real tech speed in the other areas. But needless to say it's very competitive.

Peace has reigned on all borders. That's the main thing which this prosperity can be attributed to. The absence of Imperator helped, though it's likely we would have kept the peace anyway. We've been getting along pretty good lately. And Hal and I seem to have become satisfied with the amount of killing we've done to each others soldiers. Now we have peace, and have been renewing NAPs a lot. TC was the exception, though we didn't actually fight a war. Drake and I decided to go after him for a couple provs, but after blotching the first war and having to restart in five years, TC offered Alsace to me for free for a 1v1 with Drake, which seemed like a much fairer match so I accepted.

One of the things behind Austrias prosperous session was the sale of a number of Italian provs, which raised sufficient capital to erect many weapons manufactories. These erections have contributed mightily to tech speed and general income. The provs themselves, on the other hand, were wrong religion nd wrong culture, thus not contributing greatly to income or military strength and thus not nearly as important for the country.

I suppose I'll let this just be a small AAR. If there's still time, I'd like money, thanks:).

Last edited:
Lets give a big aplause to King John's erections. Always productive. ;)

#Reform of the Brandenburg Army#
event = {

id = 3518
random = no
country = BRA
name = "EVENTNAME3518"
desc = "EVENTHIST3518"
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1640 }
offset = 0
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1640 }

action_a ={ #Offensive Army Reform#
name = "ACTIONNAME3518A"
command = { type = domestic which = LAND value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 3 }
command = { type = land value = 800 }
command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 8000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -3 value = 6000 }
command = { type = ART which = -3 value = 20 }
command = { type = provincemanpower which = -1 value = 3 }
}

action_b ={ #Defensive Army Reform#
name = "ACTIONNAME3518B"
command = { type = domestic which = LAND value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = -2 }
command = { type = land value = 800 }
command = { type = fortress which = 312 value = 1 }
command = { type = fortress which = -1 value = 1 }

}

action_c ={ #Navy Reform#
name = "ACTIONNAME3518C"
command = { type = domestic which = LAND value = -2 }
command = { type = naval value = 800 }
command = { type = warships which = -1 value = 10 }
command = { type = transports which = -3 value = 3 }
}

}

Accidentally took Option B instead of Option A. Since it is almost the same all we have to do is to reduce forts in province 312 (Brandenburg) and 1475 (Miwok) and then give me +2 offensive. I can live without getting that army.

#Oxenstierna's Regency#
event = {
id = 3236
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3236"
desc = "EVENTHIST3236"
style = 3

date = { day = 7 month = november year = 1632 }

action_a ={ # Regency under Oxenstierna
name = "ACTIONNAME3236A"
command = { type = DIP which = 4 value = 264 }
command = { type = ADM which = 4 value = 264 }
command = { type = MIL which = 4 value = 264 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -2 }
}
action_b ={ # Regency under Gyllenhielm
name = "ACTIONNAME3236B"
command = { type = naval value = 1000 }
command = { type = infra value = 500 }
}
}

And here is the event i failed on. I took B by accident, and wants option A instead

Again, figured I'd write this while I can still largely get the details right by memory:

France: 1616 - 1641

France went into this session with a series of carefully-planned timetables for the period up to approximately 1635. With only a few minor deviations from this plan, France was able to achieve most of what it set out to do for the duration of the session. No unexpected events disturbed the course of the plan, and no disasters befell the pursuit of those plans. In the first part of this report, I will detail some of the less interesting or more mundane events so as to be able to focus on them in the latter half, which I'm sure will be the part most people will like to read about.

1616 had not ended when France passed the first important mark, reaching naval tech level 18, which would facilitate a vastly easier and more efficient exploration than had otherwise been possible in years past. France's incredibly long-lived explorer (whose name escapes me) and a randomly-generated one were thus able to map out virtually every remaining unexplored coastline in the world (which the exception of Alaska and northeast Siberia, though I'm not too concerned about those), as well as filling in the blank spaces of the Atlantic and most of the Indian Oceans. A path was also blazed through the Pacific, and the whole of South America almost completely circumnavigated. Added to this, a conquistador was sent to explore the unsettled Brazilian wilderness and chart a pathway into Peru, where the fabled center of trade of Cuzco was at last discovered (Brandenburg's trade suffered accordingly), much to the chagrin of Spain, who was thoroughly paranoid of a spirited attack on South America by some ambitious up-and-coming nation.

Elsewhere, France emploed the services of the conquistador Champlain to expand the size of the empire. Malacca and Johor were seized in a quick war against the natives there, and was quickly followed up by a conflict with Japan, which resulted in the seizure of the center of trade there, albiet at a far higher cost, owing to Japan's comparatively high land tech rate. Perhaps a bit more than a decade later, an attack was made on India to seize some of the smaller provinces of eastern India, a process made a bit more difficult by the untimely death of Champlain mid-way through.

While all this exploring and conquistadoring was underway, I turned my slider to full minting for approximately two years. Combined with census tax, these increase in the treasury allowed me to begin construction on five weapons manufacturies at once. By random event, a naval manufactury also appeared in Normandy (which, as it happens, also converted to Reformed via a random event). France was further boosted (I hear that's a thing) by the event bringing in the services of Richelieu, and steady progress was made to increasing France's lamentably low innovative slider. Stability would become something of an issue during the 1620s, as random events about uncooperative philosophers and conversions by swords chipped away at it, provoking a number of rebellions in the quarrelsome Dutch provinces. But thanks to Richelieu, Calais was also converted succesfully, meaning that the whole of metropolitan France has at last embraced the Reformed religion. With Spanish missionaries in Italy working round the clock, the days of the Polish heresy seem to be numbered.

Trade was more of a mixed bag. While France's commercial profits in total did indeed increase (by about 10%), it did so while under increasing pressure from other competitors. While it is true that France still has the most advanced trade technology, many in the kingdom feel that gap is steadily narrowing. Competition over many centers of trade, especially Moscow, was fierce and often competitors managed to get the better of France, and it seems possible that the period of French commercial expansion is reaching an end, or at least a ceiling above which it cannot rise.

Now onto the wars! France went into this session expecting to be attacked, for fear of what might be ahead for France's neighbors. Though France did not really harbor serious dreams of expansion in Europe (and lacked the navy to do much in the rest of the world), I felt measures had to be taken. Once the manufacturies were being built, all investment was shifted to naval tech, and after a few years we reached Naval 21 and the CRT it granted me. Approximately 200 galleys and a small handful of warships were also constructed in the interim, though France had planned for much more than that. The results were not particularly impressive, and I feel that the CRT advantage has not been properly exploited.

Regardless, in 1630, Turenne appeared, ready for service in Paris. Spain had, for some reason or another, feared the arrival of this leader (though his stats, 566, were hardly much better than the swath of random leaders we had), and it was decided this should be put to good use in a little war for payback in Italy in late 1632. The war could, unfortunately, not be hidden, as military access had to be cancelled beforehand. Approximately 150,000 infantry were deployed to the Pyrennes to guard the frontier while Turenne and Harcourt, with about 100,000 between them, marched on Italy. Spain had been busy constructing a huge number of medium forts, so the attack was hurried to spoil at least some of the fortification efforts. With the galley fleet parked outside Genoa, Turenne advanced on Milan while Harcourt moved on Parma. Turenne made quick work of the northern forts, and Spain was fortuitously hit by a number of revolts, distracting his forces at critical points. Turenne was hardly the superweapon Spain expected, and the battles see-sawed across Italy, though with France getting the better of things. The Spanish fleet sallied forth, but was defeated at Genoa, while Calicut was seized in India with little effort.

With a number of enemy provinces taken, I was able to stab hit for Milan and Parma, though he refused the first offer. Spain decided to make one final gamble on a big push on both fronts. A large Spanish army crossed the Pyrennes and blasted its way through Tolouse, while another army marched on Genoa. This seemed to be a serious blunder, as I was able to easily surround his southern army (which pursued a beaten French army into Langedouc) with twice his number. Battles were fought simultaneously, and while I somehow failed to win in Langedouc, victory was secured in Genoa. ANother stabhit was made, and Spain peaced. The war only lasted about 11 months.

For the next five years, I prepared for what I felt would be an inevitable counter-attack, so all effort was put into reaching Land tech 25 and the CRT it offered. England was finally brought into something of an alliance, and the army was rebuilt. With England onboard, less effort was built into reinforcing the navy, though that was likely something of a mistake. Regardless, the truce came and went, and I decided to make another attempt at fighting Spain, this time with a much more significant effort. War was declared in April 1639. The strategy was reversed, with the French armies advancing over the Pyrennes to besiege northern Spain, using the mountains and the Ebro River as cover, while a smaller army stood on the defensive in Italy. This proved something of a mistake, no doubt, as Spain quickly pushed north into Lombardia, pushing my own army into the Alps, where it fell under the command of Conde. Parma fell to the Spanish, but from there he unwisely chose to split his army, assaulting both Milan and Genoa and allowing me to defeat both seperately. Meanwhile, in Spain, the French armies under Turenne were joined by a small English contingent in Asturias of about 20k, which baited Spain into attacking, only to have reinforcements dumped from off-shore. I refused to advance across the Ebro, however, until the sieges were complete, allowing Spain to muster up reinforcements and make several epic efforts to break through at Aragon and Navarre. A steady stream of reinforcements, a bit of luck, Turenne's leadership, and about a month of fighting later, Spain was thrown back, while Lisbon was seized by the English army.

Wars never go quite the way one plans, so it is certainly premature of me to say so, but France feels confident of what the next session could bring.

>1k words. Reward of 1k gold, please.

Again, figured I'd write this while I can still largely get the details right by memory:

I think that's a very good idea. In fact, I think drake should offer a bonus for any AARs finished within a few (let's say 2?) days of the session. And please include screenshots with the stats. ;)

I think that's a very good idea. In fact, I think drake should offer a bonus for any AARs finished within a few (let's say 2?) days of the session. And please include screenshots with the stats. ;)

When are you going to start playing with us again?;)