• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is the AI so obsessed with landing troops in East Prussia? I've had French landings in exactly the same place as the Australian landings shown earlier.

I think it is because it doens't have a lot of coastal defences, and also (though this is a guess) a good port.

And also I imagine it is where alot of german Vp's are.

I had a HOI2 campaign where the Bismarck sank 4 or 5 of my own ships. They were destroyers or transports, but still. It was like Blackbeard was the captain of my ship. I wish I had thought to take a screenie.

On a serious note, I understand that Paradox wanted to make the AI more aggressive so that we wouldn't have to chase them around. But since I (and most other players?) never take the time and considerable effort of putting a full infantry division or more on every single coastal province, this is the result. Maybe if we had some sort of system like EU3 that every province comes with its own organic troops? But anyways, those shots are funny, the AI certainly seems to have a hard-on for Konigsberg!

This thread must stay alive!

...talk about relations taking a dive...

strangerelations.jpg

And of course, you know you are in trouble when you see this (reported by many people):

commieswiss.jpg

This is not the kind of game where you get awesome screenshots.... Well, not that i`m familiar with...:eek:o

You must be new here... every game tends to get one of these threads, filled with hilarious screenshots, and HoI3 will be no different.

Sigh...keeps falling. Must be more fun screenshots around!

Unfortunately i missed to take a pic of that, but in my current game i got the popup---Luxemburg has mobilized. They will be able to field a mighty army soon. :D

... ANSCHLUSS in March 1937 ... (sorry didn't had a picture)

Now playing Germany reached early 1938 ... but hey der Anschluss was already around March 1937 !!! (seems a bug, as there was a red star that it isn't possible before 1938 ... or was it some "or" condition ? ) but I invested, all the time 10 spys who supported "closest to my party" (there have been already over 20% NDAP since end of 1936 in Austria ... when I write this , a cold shower is running down my neck, as I am from Austria ... anyway) ... and also "Influenced Austria since 1936 ... could have already joined Axis ... but I haven't triggered it, because of Anschluss event" so suddenly in march I could "Click" that event , what I have done ... more than a year, before reality ... damn I brainwashed that Austrians ...

.... Will USA join the AXIS ??? ....
if that happen, I will for sure make a picture :) and put it here ... What is at the moment: USA is on its way to Axis ... already I think 50%-50% between Axis and Allies (drifting with around 7points to axis) and has +200 to Germany and a political party of 10% "German-USA friendship" :) ... buying everything from USA more than 100 transporters are from germany transporting goods from USA to Berlin !
Have also a support and debt contract with USA and guarantee of independence for USA :)

Will see if that is possible, but should be with that new event system, where you have to fullfill some parameters that it will or will not trigger ...

(Bye the way playing the full game with version 1.1c (Hotfix) and now early in 1938 -> Portugal, National Spain, Hungary, Italy (since 1936) are already Axis ...

Somehow big fun, but of course not WW2 ... but I think the 1936 campaign should be that way ... for ww2 someone should play the 1939 scenario

Last edited:
With a little help from my absent french "friends" I was able to successfully launch Operation Leapfrog (Pun absolutely intended) as Italy, reaching Gibraltar roughly 3 days after the war started and cutting of the Med with exactly one(!) division of paras :D

bold.jpg

With a little help from my absent french "friends" I was able to successfully launch Operation Leapfrog (Pun absolutely intended) as Italy, reaching Gibraltar roughly 3 days after the war started and cutting of the Med with exactly one(!) division of paras :D

bold.jpg
Not unrealistic! When Mussolini entered the war, he reported to Hitler, we have run a bombing mission for Malta. Hitler responded to his Generals that he would have sent the paras instead. This was before Hitler had the bad Crete experience! This bloodshed, thought won by the German Paras, changed his mind for ever. The same can said about the criticized landing in the Baltic's. Churchill wanted exactly this risky job to be done (read The Second World War). He wanted some old BBs to be reworked with appliqué armor against the German Stuka and then go for the Pomeranian Coast and have a quick tea in Berlin. Gladly for the British, the Admiralty was refusing his risky ideas. If you can save the game and look what happens, you can easily act this way and make your Bit Deal, but what if your units are all gone after this 'superb' action and you have problems defending your home? You will surly load an old 'saved game' or restart at all. It is like in real life, if you act like there is no tomorrow, and it works (chance less then 1%), you are a rich/successful man, telling everybody what great idea you had, if not, you will find yourself in real deep trouble, and no one will ever hear form you again. So please make no pressure on Paradox to rework this simulation to end as a game like Warcraft! It must be possible to do the Big Gamble and bet on THE one situation that alters history...;)

Well the thing is, it wasn't a gamble at all...
I had already taken Malta with my other Para division and had noted that the garrison was a single brigade of GAR. And aerial recon from Sardinia showed that Tunis was completely ungarded. Then rinse and repeat with the other 3 airports.
Also I don't think it counts as a big gamble if all I risk is one para division ;).