• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well the thing is, it wasn't a gamble at all...
Also I don't think it counts as a big gamble if all I risk is one para division ;).
Problem is the supply convoy system. I was playing as Germany and had all my convoys out when war started and did not remove them for a long time. The AI was reporting sometimes that one (!) convoy was sunk. If you run into a small British Fleet with your convoy - there would be only one sunk, but the rest would be taken! Maybe a single ship can sneak through the Atlantic but not the Mediterranean.
In Reality you should loose, because you are not able to supply the unit.

Problem is the supply convoy system. I was playing as Germany and had all my convoys out when war started and did not remove them for a long time. The AI was reporting sometimes that one (!) convoy was sunk. If you run into a small British Fleet with your convoy - there would be only one sunk, but the rest would be taken! Maybe a single ship can sneak through the Atlantic but not the Mediterranean.
In Reality you should loose, because you are not able to supply the unit.

Which is exactly what woulda happened if there'd been opposition. But as it was my paras just dropped in, and immedeatly (read 1 hour ingame) went on to the next province. And for that they most certainly had the supplies. Now if Gibraltar had had more than one mumpin' brigade I wouldn't have won that battle (out of supply, para, fort, urban)

Finland invaded one of my islands in the pacific.

finlandinthepacific.jpg

What the hell is up with Finland invading everybody?

What the hell is up with Finland invading everybody?

I khow what the reason might be. I've been told there are only two things you can do in Finland in winter: fishing and f*cking. Since it's February they obviously got bored and decided to have a little vacation on a pacific island.

hoi32.jpg

Paris under simultaneous attack by the Germans, Spanish, Polish and a lonely Italian HQ.

Spain was the country to conquer France btw, but the Vichy event fired for Germany anyway (and the Spanish and Italians lost all the land they took, the poor suckers). Spain chose to make France a puppet and the colonies are now in the Axis, while Vichy France is leaning towards Comintern.
It's a funny old world.

Just not fair ....

hoi321.jpg

Anyway using my own AI improvement pack (notice germany influencing hungaria and nationalist spain ;) )

But this is not because of my mod :p

At the start of the war with the low countries I scared the dutch fleet back to harbor with my subs, causing minor damage. As i approched the dutch capital I sent in my heavy fleet to seal off the bay. As the capital fell the dutch tried to run for it. They ran headlong into their deaths. Most of the ships were transports so at least i wont have to deal with the dutch landing everywhere woo!

turkeyshoot.jpg

I present to you, the Mexican D-Day, and right into Germany too! Suck on it Eisenhower!

mexicandday.png

too bad your fleet wasnt there, hopefully its like HOI2 where you had a small chance to steal a ship.....

As germany i stole a British carrier once in HOI2....would be intresting to see a mexican battleship ha.

Nationalist Spain joined the Allies, probably not smart...
eldiablo.jpg

Because Finland joined the allies in the middle of the wint-err... summer war the Comintern went to war with the allies. Unfortunately the Aussies did not succeed.
oioioi.jpg

I may have destroyed the enemy but I also lost... a friend. I know this happens a lot. Also; notice the consequence of the Spanish invasion.
greatloss.jpg

Why is the AI so obsessed with landing troops in East Prussia? I've had French landings in exactly the same place as the Australian landings shown earlier.

The German AI doesn't take Denmark? Is the passage into the Baltic blocked as in HoI2?

Yes, friendly fire does happen. Manual says so, especially prone to happen at sea if the weather is bad. Imagine trying to fight a naval battle in a galeforce wind and low visibility.

I reckon the admiral should check the weather forecast before putting out at sea against those tommys.