Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Castellon

Will you consider enlarging the non-English forums with other languages like Turkish, Russian or Italian?

Consider, yes.
We revisit that a lot. Currently if the game is not officially released in the language it is doubtful that it will happen in the short term.
It is more complex than just creating a forum and say have at it. There are legal implications when myself or someone I can trust does not speak the language to make sure content is correct and the site is not being misused. We also do not have the resources for an unlimited amount of forums, so how to decide which languages to choose ...
Turkish and Italian for example are the 23 and 24th ranked languages in terms of number of native speakers. Russian fares a little better at 8th.

have you, or will you, consider making/porting a GRAND STRATEGY title to a tablet? I feel like a low-end one (like EU3) would be great if you can make the UI tablet-friendly!

yes. All the time. There are however a lot of design, technical and publishing challenges to overcome before we could do such a thing.

/shams

Would there ever be a possibility of creating a Crusader Kings like dynasty game set during the 19th century-early 20th century (aka Victoria games era). The reason I ask is I would find it interesting to control a family during this tumultuous time period, who are looking to gain influence in the world, via non-warfare like economics and politics. Not demanding anything, just curious if a game like ever cross your minds.

Actually little know fact, It is within my power, however with great power comes great responsibility and sometimes I must let one of the parties involved in a dispute suffer in ignorance. When I do interfere I prefer going back in time and retconning the facts to suit my version of events. ;)

[video=youtube;edCqF_NtpOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCqF_NtpOQ[/video]

Would there ever be a possibility of creating a Crusader Kings like dynasty game set during the 19th century-early 20th century (aka Victoria games era). The reason I ask is I would find it interesting to control a family during this tumultuous time period, who are looking to gain influence in the world, via non-warfare like economics and politics. Not demanding anything, just curious if a game like ever cross your minds.

I'd love a game like that, playing an upper class dynasty in capitalism instead of feudalism, going into business or politics.

I'd love a game like that, playing an upper class dynasty in capitalism instead of feudalism, going into business or politics.
I too would like such a game. Perhaps also with the opportunity to be the nice capitalist treating his workers well (there were some), or the nasty capitalist working his workers to death on a starvation salary. An unions starting to form which you have the choise to crack down on with the possibility of a large showdown and perhaps an agreement which prevents future things like that; like the Danish model, which even though it is 115 years old still regulates the Danish working market (it is completely voluntary and no part of it builds on law) and for that time has secured stability and properity.

Provinces

when your adding new provinces to the map, how do you actually make the decision of what to include/what not to include? (I really want to see Hong Kong added to EU4 :))

Last edited:
Vassal limit

Paradox, I love your games, and I'm glad your not greedy like other companies. Recently, during a steam sale, I purchased CK2. I had been hooked until I came across a problem: vassal limit. I had started as the count of Galloway and worked my way to a king with multiple kingdoms. The big problem is that I have to keep on giving to dukes, strengthening them and weakening me. I can no longer deal with civil wars, so I am forced to cheat. I have given so much I have so little. Even after giving everything I can give no more. I feel that this has made the game more tedious instead of fun. I know many other players with the same issue, so me along with other fans must ask to please to please remove the vassal limit. I cannot keep on playing with this mechanic. Expansions and patches are supposed to make games better, not worse. As a fan, I know that me and many other players would be very grateful.

Paradox, I love your games, and I'm glad your not greedy like other companies. Recently, during a steam sale, I purchased CK2. I had been hooked until I came across a problem: vassal limit. I had started as the count of Galloway and worked my way to a king with multiple kingdoms. The big problem is that I have to keep on giving to dukes, strengthening them and weakening me. I can no longer deal with civil wars, so I am forced to cheat. I have given so much I have so little. Even after giving everything I can give no more. I feel that this has made the game more tedious instead of fun. I know many other players with the same issue, so me along with other fans must ask to please to please remove the vassal limit. I cannot keep on playing with this mechanic. Expansions and patches are supposed to make games better, not worse. As a fan, I know that me and many other players would be very grateful.

Welcome to the forums, This thread is for questions to Paradox as a whole, your comments are more directed at one of our Studios PDS, they Make CK2, but even more it is game specific and therefore should be posted in the Specific Game sub-forum. If you have issue with a particular aspect of the game then there are Mods available to change them, (The particular stat you mention is very easy to change to whatever you wish.)
Register the Base CK2 game and that will get you access to the User Modding sub-forum of the CK2 forum, there you can find the information you seek.

Hey what are your top selling games out of the flagships. (Hoi, Vicky, CK, Eu)

I just bought the Royal edition for CK2 limited edition. I primarily did this because this game has literally provided me hundreds upon hundreds of gaming hours. I would venture to say, it has been a while now, my favorite game.

Now to my questions -

I haven't received it yet, so it may spell this out in the package, but how do we submit our courtier stuff and complete so me of the other things that come with it/Royal edition?
I know I did not get a Paradoxian order t-shirt with this, but do I still get the opportunity to be invited to dev multiplayer sessions?

Thanks so much :D

I just bought the Royal edition for CK2 limited edition. I primarily did this because this game has literally provided me hundreds upon hundreds of gaming hours. I would venture to say, it has been a while now, my favorite game.

Now to my questions -

I haven't received it yet, so it may spell this out in the package, but how do we submit our courtier stuff and complete so me of the other things that come with it/Royal edition?
I know I did not get a Paradoxian order t-shirt with this, but do I still get the opportunity to be invited to dev multiplayer sessions?

Thanks so much :D

Nix my questions... I got them answered. It helps to read the fine print.

Hey just a question i'm restricted from certain pages about victoria 2. When I try to register the game on my account nothing happens, it doesn't even say i have the wrong game key. If someway I could get permission to these parts of the site that would be dope.

Hey just a question i'm restricted from certain pages about victoria 2. When I try to register the game on my account nothing happens, it doesn't even say i have the wrong game key. If someway I could get permission to these parts of the site that would be dope.
It just updates the page? If so then I think it means you have already used the code. Are you sure you haven't registered it on another account?

Hey, hur mår ni? :D
The site paradoxian.org is down!! What's happening!?!? I desperately need all the entries on EUII (I know, I know...)
That's a fan-run site and nothing to do with Paradox ...