Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just wanted to ask if Paradox will continue turning out strategy history based games, like EU, CK, V2, HOI,etc in the future? The only reason I ask is because of all the other games that have come out lately and the ones that are in the pipeline. If that is just to diversify and reach a bigger audience, good, but please remember your base. Right now the only game you have scheduled to come out that I would really be interested in is Magna Mundi.

I just wanted to ask if Paradox will continue turning out strategy history based games, like EU, CK, V2, HOI,etc in the future? The only reason I ask is because of all the other games that have come out lately and the ones that are in the pipeline. If that is just to diversify and reach a bigger audience, good, but please remember your base. Right now the only game you have scheduled to come out that I would really be interested in is Magna Mundi.

don't confuse internally developed titles with titles that are only published by paradox.

don't confuse internally developed titles with titles that are only published by paradox.

Besides, what about Napoleon's Campaigns II? Napoleonic warfare on the Clauswitz engine, HOI3-style? Bring. It. ON!

Paradox Development will continue producing games for the base audience, so you don't have to worry about that. We are definitely not abandoning you guys :) And about Magna Mundi; we are testing a Magna Mundi Release Candidate as we speak. As soon as we have a game that is good enough to be released, it will be. I am not talking about fixing every single misspelling, but about a game that can be played for a fair amount of time without crashes or blockers... I think we are getting closer and closer to that goal.

ME! I'm getting married!

/s

and that sir is the correct answer!

any other answer could and would get you in lots of trouble, and on the couch until the far and distant future

ME! I'm getting married!

/s

I join my voice to the chorus of congratulations, and wish you to be as happy as i have been for the last 9 years. :)

ME! I'm getting married!

/s

Congrats on that, I've been married for almost a year and so far it's been awesome! Where are you spending your honeymoon?

Who has the coolest vacation planned for this Summer?

Spending time with my family! First time in ten years that I will be off for more than two weeks in a row..

ME! I'm getting married!

/s

That was my original plan for this summer, but I upgraded to a better plan :)

thank gods your "beloved" dosn't read all your posts then isn't it, or that original plan may never happen :)

Spending time with my family! First time in ten years that I will be off for more than two weeks in a row..

May I ask if remember it right that you are a dad since this year?
Or was it already last year?
IIRC I read it somewhere but was in a hurry back then.
If so, then my gratulations to your family, even if I'm a bit late.

And what is your better plan?

Cheers,
Chromos