• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Task 3: merging russian tech team file from DHF 1.3 b to AAR.
I tried a diff between 1.2 and 1.3b, they added some teams and renamed one or two.
But after I saw a diff between 1.2 DHF and AAR I can only say: it's impossible to merge, becouse every ID from 1.2 DHF is changed to another team in AAR file.
Probably we don't need to merge them, becouse AAR file is much more detailed. Probably I can look at each change, search that team inside AAR teams and try to see diff (probably they changed skill level or year).
I'll try.

Task 3: merging russian tech team file from DHF 1.3 b to AAR.
I tried a diff between 1.2 and 1.3b, they added some teams and renamed one or two.
But after I saw a diff between 1.2 DHF and AAR I can only say: it's impossible to merge, becouse every ID from 1.2 DHF is changed to another team in AAR file.
Probably we don't need to merge them, becouse AAR file is much more detailed. Probably I can look at each change, search that team inside AAR teams and try to see diff (probably they changed skill level or year).
I'll try.

If the ids are different but most of the ones in AAR are in DHF 1.3b, then we will use DHF's version after adding in the missing ministers since AAR is trying to remove all redundancies in the db with the next release. We want to merge the entire db into DHF, and I'm fine with some content loss, we can always add them back later. Anyway, one of the Russia experts on the DH team is of the opinion that we should use the 1.03 version of the tt file as the base and add back in missing tech teams.

Task 6 is no longer necessary with the release of 1.03 RC2, it was going to be adding in hotfixes from the nightly to the release (didn't know they would release RC2) since Burning and I have access to nightlies. I got the okay to include nightly files in AAR a while ago. :D

Last edited:
If the ids are different but most of the ones in AAR are in DHF 1.3b, then we will use DHF's version after adding in the missing ministers since AAR is trying to remove all redundancies in the db with the next release. We want to merge the entire db into DHF, and I'm fine with some content loss, we can always add them back later. Anyway, one of the Russia experts on the DH team is of the opinion that we should use the 1.03 version of the tt file as the base and add back in missing tech teams.

I tried to use DHF tt file as base, but surprisingly where are many errors. Here are my thoughts and actions (some parts of text in russian are citations):

1. Moscow Engineering School
1. renamed to Nikolaevsky Engineering Academy, becouse no such school exist after 1723 (it was merged with S.Peterburg's)
quotes in Russian:
1. http://aeer.cctpu.edu.ru/winn/date/aio_300_y.htm
Вскоре после Навигацкой школы была организована Артиллерийско-инженерная школа, а в 1703 г. – Московская инженерная школа, в которой обучалось 100 – 150 человек.
Для обучения арифметике и геометрии ученики этой школы иногда направлялись в Школу математических и навигацких наук.
В 1713 г. была организована Петербургская инженерная школа, которая в 1723 г. была слита с Московской.

2. Also changed start_year to 1855
quotes in russian:
http://www.saper.etel.ru:8082/history/uchil-2.html
В 1855 году офицерское отделение Главного инженерного училища выделяется в самостоятельную Николаевскую инженерную академию,
а училище, получив наименование "Николаевское инженерное училище" стало готовить только младших офицеров инженерных войск

3. Changed end_year to 1905, after R.Jap. War of 1905 year it was training mostly infantry officers.

Большие потери в офицерском составе в период русско-японской войны заставили царское правительство принять экстраординарные меры.
Большая часть инженерных офицеров, особенно с высшим образованием была переведена в пехоту, артиллерию, кавалерию.
Николаевское инженерное училище стало делать выпуски пехотных офицеров. Подготовка инженерных специалистов практически была свернута.
С началом создания в русской армии авиации много инженерных офицеров было переучено на летчиков. К началу Первой Мировой войны в инженерных войсках насчитывалось всего 820 офицеров

4. Added mathematics and chemistry to specialities

2. Tula Arsenal
1. copied from AAR, only skill is changed to 3 (like origin DHF). ID is left from original. Also copied following Tula generations from AAR.

3. Vyatka Factory Design Bureau -- it was incorrectly renamed by DH team from Kirov Factory Design Bureau. There were no Vyatka Factory until 20 century.
Probably they were confused by modern name of Kirov city, Vyatka was one of it's previous names.
Correct name should be "Putilov Company" according to the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov_Plant
But probably it would correct to name it "Putilov Plant" or "Putilov Factory Design Bureau". Also correct start date for that name would be 1868.
Also I added "naval_engineering" and "naval_artillery" to specialities

4. Machine-Building Plant-MZiK -- MZiK is modern name, I don't know that was it's name was before revolution, probably just "State factory N. XX of artillery".
Before revolution it was simple artillery factory without even "production line". I think this team should be excluded from list. If we want rocket science team we should think of another.

5. Moscow Military Academy -- can't find any information about it. I replaced it by General Staff Academy

6. Saint-Petersburg Naval Academy -- again I didn't any information about it. probably should be replaced by "Nikolayev Naval Academy" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N.G._Kuznetsov_Naval_Academy

7. Rubin Marine Engineering -- where were no "Rubin" until later USSR. Probably it should be named like "Construction Commission for Submarines", see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubin_Design_Bureau.

8. Zhukovsky Air Force Academy - start date is incorrect, 1920 is correct. Probably should be replaced by Zhukovsky itself or "Officers Airforce school" - http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Офицерская_воздухоплавательная_школа

Anyway, one of the Russia experts on the DH team is of the opinion that we should use the 1.03 version of the tt file as the base and add back in missing tech teams.

So I can say: probably we can't get DHF 1.3b tt file as base without much modifications. Probably only "human" teams are correct (i didn't fully check them yet to say they are wrong).
Also I like AAR way to make tech teams: you make TT gain skill and speciality (or loose) as time grows, examples are "Tula Weapon Works 1712" -> "Tula Weapon Arsenal 1920" -> "Tula Weapon Plant 1943".
Probably it can slightly slow down game, but it looks correct for history.

I tried to use DHF tt file as base, but surprisingly where are many errors. Here are my thoughts and actions (some parts of text in russian are citations):

1. Moscow Engineering School
1. renamed to Nikolaevsky Engineering Academy, becouse no such school exist after 1723 (it was merged with S.Peterburg's)
quotes in Russian:
1. http://aeer.cctpu.edu.ru/winn/date/aio_300_y.htm
Вскоре после Навигацкой школы была организована Артиллерийско-инженерная школа, а в 1703 г. – Московская инженерная школа, в которой обучалось 100 – 150 человек.
Для обучения арифметике и геометрии ученики этой школы иногда направлялись в Школу математических и навигацких наук.
В 1713 г. была организована Петербургская инженерная школа, которая в 1723 г. была слита с Московской.

2. Also changed start_year to 1855
quotes in russian:
http://www.saper.etel.ru:8082/history/uchil-2.html
В 1855 году офицерское отделение Главного инженерного училища выделяется в самостоятельную Николаевскую инженерную академию,
а училище, получив наименование "Николаевское инженерное училище" стало готовить только младших офицеров инженерных войск

3. Changed end_year to 1905, after R.Jap. War of 1905 year it was training mostly infantry officers.

Большие потери в офицерском составе в период русско-японской войны заставили царское правительство принять экстраординарные меры.
Большая часть инженерных офицеров, особенно с высшим образованием была переведена в пехоту, артиллерию, кавалерию.
Николаевское инженерное училище стало делать выпуски пехотных офицеров. Подготовка инженерных специалистов практически была свернута.
С началом создания в русской армии авиации много инженерных офицеров было переучено на летчиков. К началу Первой Мировой войны в инженерных войсках насчитывалось всего 820 офицеров

4. Added mathematics and chemistry to specialities

2. Tula Arsenal
1. copied from AAR, only skill is changed to 3 (like origin DHF). ID is left from original. Also copied following Tula generations from AAR.

3. Vyatka Factory Design Bureau -- it was incorrectly renamed by DH team from Kirov Factory Design Bureau. There were no Vyatka Factory until 20 century.
Probably they were confused by modern name of Kirov city, Vyatka was one of it's previous names.
Correct name should be "Putilov Company" according to the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov_Plant
But probably it would correct to name it "Putilov Plant" or "Putilov Factory Design Bureau". Also correct start date for that name would be 1868.
Also I added "naval_engineering" and "naval_artillery" to specialities

4. Machine-Building Plant-MZiK -- MZiK is modern name, I don't know that was it's name was before revolution, probably just "State factory N. XX of artillery".
Before revolution it was simple artillery factory without even "production line". I think this team should be excluded from list. If we want rocket science team we should think of another.

5. Moscow Military Academy -- can't find any information about it. I replaced it by General Staff Academy

6. Saint-Petersburg Naval Academy -- again I didn't any information about it. probably should be replaced by "Nikolayev Naval Academy" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N.G._Kuznetsov_Naval_Academy

7. Rubin Marine Engineering -- where were no "Rubin" until later USSR. Probably it should be named like "Construction Commission for Submarines", see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubin_Design_Bureau.

8. Zhukovsky Air Force Academy - start date is incorrect, 1920 is correct. Probably should be replaced by Zhukovsky itself or "Officers Airforce school" - http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Офицерская_воздухоплавательная_школа

So I can say: probably we can't get DHF 1.3b tt file as base without much modifications. Probably only "human" teams are correct (i didn't fully check them yet to say they are wrong).
Also I like AAR way to make tech teams: you make TT gain skill and speciality (or loose) as time grows, examples are "Tula Weapon Works 1712" -> "Tula Weapon Arsenal 1920" -> "Tula Weapon Plant 1943".
Probably it can slightly slow down game, but it looks correct for history.
The merged AAR-DHF tech team file will be added into DHF. Someone in the team will look at it before merger. I'll ask our Russian team member to comment more about this since I'm not Russian and can't read Russian.
Thanks for working on this!
_______
@Others
Anyway, October is over for me, so I will have more time in November. If the tasks get finished by the community, I can release a working version in 1-2 days. So...contribute if you want a 1.03 compatible version of AAR before December-January!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ouncements&p=14534195&viewfull=1#post14534195

Tasks 1 and 2 need to be done by someone, I'm accepting beta tester applications (apply here, please list your qualification, time availability/commitment, modding experience. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY THE MOD, WE NEED SOMEONE TO DEBUG IT, IT WILL LIKELY BE VERY BUGGY!).

Last edited:
mod is compatible with version 1.03??

well helloo!!
mod is compatible with version 1.03???
thanks!:p

Hows the conversion to 1.03 going?

Notice: I can't seem to access aarmod.cfuchs.net for some reason, so if it remains down, you can pmail me or send an email to darkest.hour.team at gmail since I have access to that.

As far as contributions go, I have a lot of major Australian events from 1914-18 and gathering info for 1933 onward. I plan on doing the same for the interwar period but what's the general rule, I mean is it easier to send you the info, or the events in chains? Only asking to try and contribute...

I have no time before December 14th15th to work on AAR or anything else since I have Uni and finals.

If you want to contribute your Australia stuff, you can submit the events in a zip or rar file to a ticket at the AAR website. I won't have time to work on AAR until the 15th like I said, so don't expect it to be merged by me until quite a while later.

If you want to be a dev and help out (since you do have experience writing events) and are willing to merge your work on Australia into AAR yourself (if you have time), let me know here and I'll bug burning about giving you access to the dev build.

Apollo1784

Hows the conversion to 1.03 going?
It runs on 1.03, it's been running for a month, it's just broken since no one has done the things I asked for and I don't have time myself. Expect a release late January if no one contributes the things I asked for on the previous page.

Notice: I can't seem to access aarmod.cfuchs.net for some reason, so if it remains down, you can pmail me or send an email to darkest.hour.team at gmail since I have access to that.

I have no time before December 14th15th to work on AAR or anything else since I have Uni and finals.

If you want to contribute your Australia stuff, you can submit the events in a zip or rar file to a ticket at the AAR website. I won't have time to work on AAR until the 15th like I said, so don't expect it to be merged by me until quite a while later.

If you want to be a dev and help out (since you do have experience writing events) and are willing to merge your work on Australia into AAR yourself (if you have time), let me know here and I'll bug burning about giving you access to the dev build.

I only get online about twice a week but do a lot of offline work and would LOVE to help any way I can to see AAR become bigger and better than it ever was before! There are a few things I don't understand but can write most events and triggers. Anything I can do to make Australia and AAR more alluring to play I will do so without hesitation or contemplation. btw, I'm kinda crying right now lol. :blush:

I only get online about twice a week but do a lot of offline work and would LOVE to help any way I can to see AAR become bigger and better than it ever was before! There are a few things I don't understand but can write most events and triggers. Anything I can do to make Australia and AAR more alluring to play I will do so without hesitation or contemplation. btw, I'm kinda crying right now lol. :blush:

I asked Burning. I'll wait for his reply. He's been quite busy lately.

I await eagerly for news and posting orders!

I await eagerly for news and posting orders!

While we wait, if you made any changes to database files (ministers, leaders, tech teams), please go ahead and merge that with the latest versions from 1.03 RC2. Let me know if you want the nightly version (I don't think Australia was modified recently, but I can check) to merge. Ids should follow DH ID standard. This is because the AAR and DHF databases have been merged. If you aren't done before 1.03 Final comes out, we can distribute it separately, but the file will likely end up merged into DHF in the future with your permission.

The download link does not work.

While we wait, if you made any changes to database files (ministers, leaders, tech teams), please go ahead and merge that with the latest versions from 1.03 RC2. Let me know if you want the nightly version (I don't think Australia was modified recently, but I can check) to merge. Ids should follow DH ID standard. This is because the AAR and DHF databases have been merged. If you aren't done before 1.03 Final comes out, we can distribute it separately, but the file will likely end up merged into DHF in the future with your permission.

Permission granted, I made it for nothing but my and everyone else's enjoyment and would love to see DH and AAR grow even bigger. What is this 'nightly version'?

Permission granted, I made it for nothing but my and everyone else's enjoyment and would love to see DH and AAR grow even bigger. What is this 'nightly version'?

Nightly is dev speak for "latest development version" that's not intended for public consumption. Basically I'd open up the DH Dev Repo and pull out Australia TT/Minister/Leader files and send them to you if you want copies of them.

Nightly is dev speak for "latest development version" that's not intended for public consumption. Basically I'd open up the DH Dev Repo and pull out Australia TT/Minister/Leader files and send them to you if you want copies of them.

I have tried repeatedly to get onto the cfuchs webpage to no avail. I think something may be wrong with the site itself? Anyhow, work is steadily coming along with the inter-war period and hope to have finished the WW II events before the end of the year. Post-war period may have to wait a while. I'm also demoralised because the last thing I need help with WW I is testers, and I've had no help here. I get it though as this time of year is extremely busy for everyone and the struggle will continue.