• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have tried repeatedly to get onto the cfuchs webpage to no avail. I think something may be wrong with the site itself? Anyhow, work is steadily coming along with the inter-war period and hope to have finished the WW II events before the end of the year. Post-war period may have to wait a while. I'm also demoralised because the last thing I need help with WW I is testers, and I've had no help here. I get it though as this time of year is extremely busy for everyone and the struggle will continue.

AAR website is suffering a DDOS attack http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDOS#Distributed_attack (dunno who is doing it) according to Burning, so you can blame hackers. Nothing much I can do about it, I can't even access the svn. I will poke Burning to reset the server yet again (he's done it 3 times already).

I just finished my last final, so coding it is for me. :)

I can test for you. :)

Last edited:
AAR website is suffering a DDOS attack http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDOS#Distributed_attack (dunno who is doing it) according to Burning, so you can blame hackers. Nothing much I can do about it, I can't even access the svn. I will poke Burning to reset the server yet again (he's done it 3 times already).

Maybe the mod has become so popular that the influx of traffic to the website made it crash? Maybe?

I appreciate it. :) How confident are you with your finals mate?

Hopefully more confident than I am about my mod lol.

I appreciate it. :) How confident are you with your finals mate?

Hopefully more confident than I am about my mod lol.

I felt better than what I expected, seems getting plenty of sleep and a decent amount of studying vs cramming and not getting sleep makes me sharper on exams and be able to figure out a reasonable solution even if I have no idea how to do something (via logic). Course, it was a half logic, half stats math class where this came in handy (now I think about it, all of my classes this semester had math :/)

Been taking some time off, re-read the wonderful Sons of Suns trilogy today from 10 AM to 9 PM (from beginning to end, 950,000 words, about 10 hours of actual reading time with cooking and stuff, it's great to be a super speed reader, wikipedia says speed reading is defined as 700 wpm, and I averaged 1583, too bad I type slow or else implementing modding concepts in my head wouldn't take so long. Ex the event ideas I wrote in the NWO2 thread too me 3 hours to write but I came up with all of them in ~10 minutes).

AAR website is up btw.
This is not a supported version and is intended primarily for developers of other mods as a sneak peak. This version is from approximately 1 month ago. It was made for RC1, but I'm fairly certain it will run on 1.03 RC2.

NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR NIGHTLY VERSIONS! THERE ARE COUNTLESS BUGS WITH IT DUE TO 1.03 CHANGING MINISTER IDS/ETC.

Last edited:
I felt better than what I expected, seems getting plenty of sleep and a decent amount of studying vs cramming and not getting sleep makes me sharper on exams and be able to figure out a reasonable solution even if I have no idea how to do something (via logic). Course, it was a half logic, half stats math class where this came in handy (now I think about it, all of my classes this semester had math :/)

Been taking some time off, re-read the wonderful Sons of Suns trilogy today from 10 AM to 9 PM (from beginning to end, 950,000 words, about 10 hours of actual reading time with cooking and stuff, it's great to be a super speed reader, wikipedia says speed reading is defined as 700 wpm, and I averaged 1583, too bad I type slow or else implementing modding concepts in my head wouldn't take so long. Ex the event ideas I wrote in the NWO2 thread too me 3 hours to write but I came up with all of them in ~10 minutes).

AAR website is up btw.
This is not a supported version and is intended primarily for developers of other mods as a sneak peak. This version is from approximately 1 month ago. It was made for RC1, but I'm fairly certain it will run on 1.03 RC2.

NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR NIGHTLY VERSIONS! THERE ARE COUNTLESS BUGS WITH IT DUE TO 1.03 CHANGING MINISTER IDS/ETC.

I don't know if the Nightly Version will be much good to me, I'm a modding retard really and only write events really... I'm glad your finals went well in any case, and am looking forward to this mod going ahead full-swing.

New Nightly Version for 1.03 RC2 and later is Out (Click to Download)!
Checksum: WYZB (Nightly version of Darkest Hour), no idea what it is with RC2.
This is an open-alpha version. Technical support on getting it to work will not be provided (follow the same steps as any official version). Bug reports will be accepted. I would like this version to be tested by someone if possible and feedback given in order to speed up the release of the next version.

Expect bugginess.

Release Notes from last Nightly
-Removed old AAR ai files from release
-Removed obsolete/incomplete files from release
-Removed Alternative-CP event chain (broken beyond fix)
-Updated many files to RC2
-Added in new policy_sliders
-Tentatively Disabled Elections events

heyo, updated the main first posting with the link to the nightly.

Sorry if this was already discussed, but I was just wondering, are there any plans to include a post-WW1 scenario (starting a day after the end of the war).

Well in the last version, it came with a 1918 save were everything is OTL, not a full blown scenario but all you need really

I've been working away on 1919-1932 for a little while now and it's going slowly but surely... I've began work on 1939-45 but put that on hold for the pre-war era. Here's to a good AAR.

Well in the last version, it came with a 1918 save were everything is OTL, not a full blown scenario but all you need really

A savegame will be provided for the next stable version [eventually].

A 1918 scenario requires considerable contributions to happen, not that we don't want one. We lack the manpower.

I playing for Germany:
what are the alternatives for the event with the arrival of Lenin in Russia - If I don't sent him back to Russia, the revolution in Germany in 1918 didn't happen?

Are the DL speeds on the cfuchs site atrocious for anybody else? It's going to take me three hours to download the nightly build.

That's less than one KB per second...

You guys should just host on MediaFire.