• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i have 1.02 installed

seems like something went wrong during applying the patch, please make sure you did not install DH in the protected program files folder, if you are running windows vista or more recent. The error message tells you the demobilize-command is unknown. The demobilize-command was added in 1.02 retail, and AAR 1.3.2 introduced it into the mod; the version you are running obviously does not know what do do with it. Also, the error is generated by the main-executable, and not by other parts of the game(or mod, for that matter). Simply put: if you installed your patch 1.02 on top of DH, it seems to not have applied properly. I suggest you take a look at the dh-techsupport forums.

Hey Burning here is some more feedback for you. First I am at Jan. 1939 and there has been no Anschluss. Also I have only a stub Nazi government. Last version I got the whole thing. For the numbers of units. By July 1935 Ger has 51 divs of which 39 are inf. The Sovs have 321 but, 67 are mil. This peaks at Apr. 1937 at 324 divs and has not changed by Jan 39. By Jan 1937 Ger has 57 inf and only 21 MP. This is a constant problem for Ger. I had to demob and remob to get 365 more at the hit of 12 dissent. So it looks almost impossible to get to 1936 Campaign game levels. The Panzers are worse of course. It is not easy to get the Arm div tech early. The best I could do is get the tech by Jan 1937 and my first Tanks by Dec 1937 so not even close to 3 by Jan 1936. I still do not get the Anschluss thing. Has anyone else gotten it to fire for them? This is pretty important. I can reinstall my DH and the mod again. Oh there is no Marco Polo either. The Manchuria thing goes well now though. Does anyone else have any more feedback.
d

hey folks. another question. i restarted AAR History mod. it is 1920 june 17 and still no changes (treaty of trianon should happen on 1920 june 04). germany ended the great war, but i (austria hungary) am still on my feet. no trianon treaty no nothing. thought to myself why not enter the cheat code, and trigger the event myself. is there an event for the treaty of trianon? or the historical outcome of the 1WW? or should i wait a little longer? in 1920 spring the english tried to land in albania, but i defeated their transport ships easily. was this the problem? cannot think of anything else. please someone help. thanks.

hey folks. another question. i restarted AAR History mod. it is 1920 june 17 and still no changes (treaty of trianon should happen on 1920 june 04). germany ended the great war, but i (austria hungary) am still on my feet. no trianon treaty no nothing. thought to myself why not enter the cheat code, and trigger the event myself. is there an event for the treaty of trianon? or the historical outcome of the 1WW? or should i wait a little longer? in 1920 spring the english tried to land in albania, but i defeated their transport ships easily. was this the problem? cannot think of anything else. please someone help. thanks.

Hey C it should be no problem if you wait a while longer you should get your end of war and the breakup of the Empire. In fact I have never seen AH survive the war intact unlike the Ottoman Empire who is kind of fun to play after the war. It does not happen very often but it can. I have also seen Italy defeated by the Central Powers a couple of times and I saw France defeated by Germany but the game still fires the events to defeat Germany. I do not know if anyone else has ever seen Germany win WW1. I have played dozens of handsoff games for playtesting purposes and sometimes neat things happen and I play one of the countries for a while. I hope this helps you.
d

I'm approaching that in my game as well. I'm playing the US and I'm up to Nov 1918. (I haven't applied the version 1.3 mods yet.) I did see the failure of the 1918 offensive event trigger on Germany and Russia has fallen to the Soviets and the civil war is about to break out though they haven't ended the war with Germany yet. I expect that soon.
Meanwhile UK has pushed into Israel/Palestine. Austria_Hungary isn't quite as far into Italy as they were before, but have a net few areas and they have taken Albania, Montenegro and Serbia. The Western Front in France/Belgium are as quiet as ever. Does sitzkrieg come to mind?

As US I did get the Mexican raids into El Paso which allowed me to intervene. The 10 point dissent penalty was a bit of a nasty surprise as I figured the event would have a lower dissent penalty. For what it's worth I have Mexico as an ally now. I choose to go that route rather than conquer the other faction.

got it. :D i let the english have their invasion in the balkans, let them conquer me. so i finally had the historical version. treaty of versailles, the fall of the empire. yet i have another question. saved the game. there is czechslovakia, austria, serb croat kingdom, hungary, romania etc. but how can i select to play with hungary. i thought once we were defeated simply save the game, and from the main menu select hungary. but there is no hungary selectable. should i revrite something in the txt files? or should i leave them untouched?

As the U.S., I find that I never even have to help out in Europe and instead focus on helping the British with their stale-mate against the Turks.

ohh, i havent even considered talking to Turkey. They are nice and quiet. The Brits never even left England except to take over Ireland. Then they went back home. i got France, but bout 6-8 months after i took the hard reverse Versailles treaty and got lots of africa, France DOW'd me again. they are overrun with partizans now, so it's eazy to conquer france now.

Only thing is.. will i get a stupid automatic lets be super generous and just make peace to our original borders.... I DONT "sue for peace" i conquer. this automatically suing for peace when i'm almost done conquering every thing really sux!

and when u do almost conquer Italy and you automatically do the fricking generous peace.. u as German empire get NOTHING AT ALL... WTF? is this game EU where you conquer an opponents provinces and then you might get one or some stupid cash.

SO can someone tell me when AAR actually begins? I would like that.

I hate EU and that's what DH 1914 scenario seems to be.. just a remake of EU.

The point of the mod is to create a realistic interwar so you can play from 1914-1960 something. The point of AAR-CCIP is to completely redo China which is basically 99% incorrect. If you have a WWI problem, I suggest asking DH devs to change it or installing a 1914 Mod.

The point of the mod is to create a realistic WWI. And Germany annexing France is all but realistic :)
AAR is about the Interwar period, not WW1. ;) As Limith already posted: If you are seeking an ultra-realistic WW1 scenario, this is the wrong mod.

AAR events start as soon as WW1 is over, except for the russian and chineese civil wars, which are covered as soon as the wars start.

Last edited:
I made a new page on the trac for help with researching 1933-1948 China/Japan OOB. Been reading the ERA OOB for 1945/1940/earlier and it reminded me again of how bad the vanilla one is.

This is for research and information purposes so I know what the 1933/1936 OOB should turn out like, I'm not going to touch the 1936 scenario.

Burning I reinstalled my DH full and put only the newest version of the mod on it. I have got to Jan. 1934 with the strait mod not the aar. I swear there are differences. So I have a full Ger. cabinet with Adolf in charge. I had to jump through some hoops due to some very weird ahistorical things like the Ottomans were still at war with the Entente in 1932 so that Ger. became head of the Axis and allied with Ottos again and therefore at war with the allies. This lead to Germany being destroyed again shortly and annexed. So I fixed it and am now waiting for the Anschluss and other events to hopefully fire OK. Has nobody else gotten the Anschluss to fire normally? I will let you know how it goes shortly.
d

Hi,
There are 2 different scenarios: "AAR History" and "Arms, Armistice and Revolutions"
What is the diference?

The Scenarios:
The mod includes two scenarios:

The regular AAR Scenario, which extends the 1914 mod, but leaves WW1 untouched.
AAR-History guides the AI towards more historical outcome of the great war (about 90% of the time).
Read the manual.

Hey Burning,
I have found an issue, i was trying to play as Newfoundland but every time i try it crashes and gives me this error message
Code:
[COLOR="#F0FFF0"]Critical Error
--failed to create primary surface (Code:-2005532082)--[/COLOR]
I can play Newfoundland in Darkest Hour Full, just not AAR:sad: