• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These are the current candidates for the name of nazi Germany:

Germania (another form of 'greater' Germany)
Großdeutschland
Großdeutsches Reich

or translated:
Greater Germany
Greater German Reich

As far as actual progress I am trying to finish major cabinets right now as well as making tech teams and starting techs correct and believable. I am adding many custom ministers and tech teams. A significant update on ministers and cabinets should be ready soon.

AI and events are going to be very important and I may start on some of that soon. A big problem I have right now with testing the mod is a seemingly random crash 1 or uncommonly 2 times a month.

Story update:

The fascists were furious over Greece and her insistence on full independence and for pulling out of a plan for a Mediterranean alliance, a sort of political union, in 1934. War became a favorable option in the eyes of the Italian state. Italy invaded Albania in mid 1935, and with the help of Macedon nationalists and Albanian collaborators, they extended the war into Greece very quickly. However little ground was gained against steadfast Greek divisions, but most of Greek Macedonia was captured by the Italian army. Militia groups then turned to bitterly attack the YSR over control of Serbian Macedonia. Italian troops remained in Greece long enough for mixed units to wear out the Yugoslav forces and stabilize a border.

Mussolini's ultimate plan in this campaign was to reestablish control and influence in the Balkans like in past Roman times. Going all the way to Salonika and stopping at the Aegean was meant to cut Greece off from Turkey, Bulgaria, and Yugoslavia. Italy wants to bring Greece into a sort of neo-Roman empire or alliance against her enemies like Yugoslavia or eventually the United Kingdom. Soon after the fighting lulled, a right-wing Macedonian nationalist party established in Greece became friendly towards the Italians and were eager to break away from Greece. A Macedon state was proclaimed An interim government was formed.

Italy is not finished however, the second campaign of the grand war plan is to cut into Bulgaria and bring them out of Turkey's sphere and into Italy's, as well as keep them away from the growing Central Axis of RUS, POL, etc. There will probably be events for this. War between Turkey and Italy may be likely.

The 'Central Axis' now begins with only three members: Russia, Poland, and Finland. Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania start independent without alliance like Prussia. Lithuania would be easy to invite, but Estonia and Latvia may be more difficult. I just finished a test with Nationalist Russia, and most of the Europe and the middle-east was switched to my side in 3 years-this was with nearly no AI scripts at all. The fight as RSSR against the nationalists is real tough as well. The RSSR needs a little boost, the higher IC isn't enough.

Last edited:
Updated map showing the new lines in the Second Russian Civil War:

europeupdated1xl9.jpg

RSSR now holds Kursk and Arkhangelsk, and the nationalists are not past the Don.

Starting IC for RSSR: 143/102 (+10% min.) and Nationalist Russia: 72/61 (no + min.)

81 Soviet divisions vs 116 Central Axis divisions (69 RUS, 34 POL, 13 FIN)
(Many Axis divisions are not on the front against RSSR, but are guarding other borders)

Last edited:
After testing the civil war in Russia with the RSSR I was able to solidify the Comintern by January 1938. It was a tough 1.5 years against the nationalists and I think the balance is close but I have to test Nationalist Russia now. This is all without tweaked AI or events other than one for victory. Finland is 'Finland-Karelia SSR' and Poland is 'Communist Poland'. I was thinking about going with Poland SSR, but if Communist Germany liberates them I didn't want it to look like a Soviet state in Russia's sphere of influence.

mapstylized1938rssrvr0.jpg

In addition, Germania has been renamed to Greater German Reich for the moment. Tech is looking good but still needs work, after that it's events then some AI.

There is going to be an issue of balance when either faction in Russia wins as it will put a large number of divisions on one ideological side/alliance. I will probably implement some events for nationalist and fascist countries to strengthen their alliances against the new communist threat and vice versa. Though Communist Germany will have a fight ahead if RSSR is defeated.

Last edited:
This is looking fantastic, Ostheim! I can't wait to play this. Any ETA on a beta? :D

Love the new flags as well. Please do counters as well, because some of us play with counters and not sprites. :)

What's the story behind the British Empire, India, &c.?

Big thumbs up so far!

mandead said:
This is looking fantastic, Ostheim! I can't wait to play this. Any ETA on a beta? :D

Love the new flags as well. Please do counters as well, because some of us play with counters and not sprites. :)

What's the story behind the British Empire, India, &c.?

Big thumbs up so far!

Thank you for the interest mandead :cool: I will make counters. ;)

The British Empire as well as the United Kingdom have been essentially dissolved by left of center parties in control, namely the Labour Party. In its place they created a reformed constitution for the United Commonwealth of Democratic Nations (United Commonwealth for short). The monarchy has virtually no influence in government and policies have changed significantly. Nations like India and Egypt have been given semi-autonomous governance over the majority of their lands, enough to be considered independent but loyal members of the Commonwealth for economic and political reasons.

-

A closed beta is not far away now but there is still work to be done. I am testing axis nations and making events right now. The mod has really come a long way so far, the alliances become diverse and change depending on the nation you play. Events help you shape areas acquired in war, and there are many other nations you can liberate-some based on ideology. The AI will choose to puppet/ally 100% of the time except in cases where they have claims. They will also keep and gain territory they have claims on of course.

-

To facilitate events and diplomacy, I am removing "Nationalist" from the names of France, Poland, and Germany. For the time being, Nationalist Russia will remain the way it is. Poland's flag albeit an interesting modification, will be restored to the historical plain white and red. The same goes for France.

Wonderful stuff. :)

You should release this on the same day as your vanilla Armageddon 1.2 flag/counter pack, to make me very happy indeed. :D

Ostheim said:
Thank you for the interest mandead :cool: I will make counters. ;)
YaY!!! :D

Ostheim said:
The British Empire as well as the United Kingdom have been essentially dissolved by left of center parties in control, namely the Labour Party. In its place they created a reformed constitution for the United Commonwealth of Democratic Nations (United Commonwealth for short). The monarchy has virtually no influence in government and policies have changed significantly. Nations like India and Egypt have been given semi-autonomous governance over the majority of their lands, enough to be considered independent but loyal members of the Commonwealth for economic and political reasons.
Sounds good. I particularly like the idea of an independent India as a member of the Commonwealth - your Indian flag looks pretty awesome, too.

Ostheim said:
To facilitate events and diplomacy, I am removing "Nationalist" from the names of France, Poland, and Germany. For the time being, Nationalist Russia will remain the way it is. Poland's flag albeit an interesting modification, will be restored to the historical plain white and red. The same goes for France.
I always remove political prefixes from all country names. I agree with Poland retaining their historical flag, but I must say I was rather fond of that gold star on the French tricolour. You should keep it... ;)

Regarding country names, I'm not sure, but I'll think of a few suggestions in good time.

EDIT: Can we see the cabinets of the Commonwealth countries, please? :)

EDIT2: Further to our discussion via PM, what is your opinion on working on your idea of a separate mid-war scenario, based on the vanilla '44 scenario? I think this would be an interesting idea, and would be an interesting parallel to the standard '36 scenario in which the world is not yet at war, and almost anything could happen. We'd heavily adopt any possible '44 scenario to your storyline outlined within this thread (and in your head) - perhaps building on my "Unthinkable" theme, but using an entirely different Germany and alliance blocs, &c.

Last edited:
Looks great! Looking forward to play it. :)

mandead said:
Sounds good. I particularly like the idea of an independent India as a member of the Commonwealth - your Indian flag looks pretty awesome, too.

Thank you, I like how it turned out :cool:

I always remove political prefixes from all country names. I agree with Poland retaining their historical flag, but I must say I was rather fond of that gold star on the French tricolour. You should keep it... ;)

I doubt it will return for the sake of uniformity, but who knows ;)

Can we see the cabinets of the Commonwealth countries, please? :)

Unfortunately I don't feel they are complete enough to reveal just yet. The history of the Commonwealth still needs work and research.

Further to our discussion via PM, what is your opinion on working on your idea of a separate mid-war scenario, based on the vanilla '44 scenario? I think this would be an interesting idea, and would be an interesting parallel to the standard '36 scenario in which the world is not yet at war, and almost anything could happen. We'd heavily adopt any possible '44 scenario to your storyline outlined within this thread (and in your head) - perhaps building on my "Unthinkable" theme, but using an entirely different Germany and alliance blocs, &c.

An alternate scenario of Arms & Armistice starting later in the theoretical world war is something I want to do. You could help me with ideas on how the war could progress if you like, though this is a project for the future. I think you will find that Twilight of the Gods 1944 (see sig) will be a worthwhile project that will incorporate both a upgraded July 20th event and events for a potential Unthinkable, with the main trigger being how much ground the Soviets have taken of Germany beyond Berlin. If Stalin is on Churchill's doorstep, maybe then there is a decent plausibility. I want to break away from alternate history for just a moment, but not entirely. I want to take a historical scenario and add possibilities for ahistorical but believable turning points. You can be sure you will be one of the first to test this new mod to give feedback on.

I read that Ireland was united because Britain gave into them when they created United Commonwealth. Just like to know how that has hapened, as a doubt that Britain would give away N.Ireland just because the Rep.of.Irealnd asked for it (look at the Falklands and Gibralter).
Also I would like to know what the United Commonwealth is. Is it a federation of Commonwealth countries, or just the remants of the Britain Empire.

CCFC1927 said:
I read that Ireland was united because Britain gave into them when they created United Commonwealth. Just like to know how that has hapened, as a doubt that Britain would give away N.Ireland just because the Rep.of.Irealnd asked for it (look at the Falklands and Gibralter).
Also I would like to know what the United Commonwealth is. Is it a federation of Commonwealth countries, or just the remants of the Britain Empire.

I thought about making Northern Ireland a commonwealth country with the option down the road for Irish unification or all of Ireland joining the United Commonwealth. When George V abdicates, the monarchy loses more credit as the Labour Party has come to power, and they are very eager for change. Around this time (either right as the game starts with events or before with the results) the Parliament agrees to reform the government and create a new constitution. The monarchy is not mentioned at all in the new laws. The motivation behind the Commonwealth's creators and leaders is is to have Britain bearing the torch for democracy in the world, rather than the indifferent USA. The goal is for all Commonwealth members to be independent but allied within the next 30 years.

Ultimately, I think the Commonwealth situation may be different when I finally get down to working on it specifically. However, one thing is for sure, there will be multiple possibilities including a restoration, or an extreme government rising taking over somehow etc.

I can see what you want to happen. But I am saying their must be a reason for N.Ireland to be given away to the Rep.of.Ireland, as N.Ireland has been part of the UK (with Britain) since (around) 1801.
Also are you saying that Britain is to become a republic, if so then it needs a soild reason for that to happen as at the time (and still is) the monarchy is very, very secure in Britain.
P.S. the mod looks very good.

Last edited:
What an interesting looking Mod, hopefully it'll continue well into functionality. :)

Ostheim said:
These are the current candidates for the name of nazi Germany:

Germania (another form of 'greater' Germany)
Großdeutschland
Großdeutsches Reich

or translated:
Greater Germany
Greater German Reich

Maybe "Reich Aller Deutscher" (= The Reich of All Germans) is a good name ;)

This looks like a great mod, I'm lookign forward to try it! :)

I was very fond of this project but my time is very limited I can't really work on it at all right now. Maybe if there are volunteers to help I could get it going again. :)