• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, that one.

Also, at some point would it be possible to get a Mainland Japan surrenders to China event, or at least including a united Allies China as a major partner in the vanilla Japan surrender event? Whenever I invade Japan as China the standard event has rather bizarre consequences.

Yes it will work.

And the only way to solve this is to make sure you could either annex Japan or puppet them before the Japanese surrender occurs, otherwise it seems stupid that China fights to establish a US puppet at its doorstep. Or don't join the Allies at all.

Not joining the allies is not an option I believe. I have had games not even using CCIP, where somebody (part of the axis or commies) will be taking out the Japanese, and the Japs will still surrender to USA, either kicking out the invader or "partitioning" the country between puppet Japan and the invader. It is annoyingly stupid and would be something we could potentially improve. Probably just an issue of sloppy coding that could be cleaned up.

(.... btw, I've also had a bizarre game where France, kicked out of its homeland, annexed Japan and reestablished itself as "French Japan" :rolleyes: )

Ahh crap I was purposefully staying out of the allies so I could annex them myself since generally if I join the allies I can sometimes get them before it triggers but it's a crapshoot and BEFORE if you didn't join you could annex them yourself....and I already cheated and triggered it but I'll add that in :)

Not joining the allies is not an option I believe. I have had games not even using CCIP, where somebody (part of the axis or commies) will be taking out the Japanese, and the Japs will still surrender to USA, either kicking out the invader or "partitioning" the country between puppet Japan and the invader. It is annoyingly stupid and would be something we could potentially improve. Probably just an issue of sloppy coding that could be cleaned up.

(.... btw, I've also had a bizarre game where France, kicked out of its homeland, annexed Japan and reestablished itself as "French Japan" :rolleyes: )

Ah, the filesavr link is broken. Could we get another, please?

It's not, it just doesn't function in Firefox for some reason. Use internet explorer.

It's not working for me either. I guess people stopped downloading it for a while, so the server dumped the file. I'll get it uploaded again somewhere else later this evening.

Here is the new upload link. Scroll down a bit to the free link. Kinda advertising spam filled, but its either that or having to upload it again every week or so of no one downloading it. This version is updated with the fix for the 14th air force creation event.

So I know that no one is currently working on events however for future consideration I would like to suggest something akin to a Co Prosperity Sphere except for China cause it's 1940 and I've already kicked the British off the Mainland, annexed the Netherlands and am currently expanding out of darwin, so I don't really want to have to puppet a bunch of minors just to keep the region in my sphere when the Allies surrender...just for future possible consideration :)

Is clanjay working on an update? :cool:

Me and Clanjay came up with a bootleg update (download link a couple posts up) to make it work with the latest beta patch, and address some issues. Twas not an attempt to usurp the mod, so now that the"Return of the King" has occurred, I will gladly retire back to a life of quite privatude. :)

Me and Clanjay came up with a bootleg update (download link a couple posts up) to make it work with the latest beta patch, and address some issues. Twas not an attempt to usurp the mod, so now that the"Return of the King" has occurred, I will gladly retire back to a life of quite privatude. :)
No, there is no need for that. I haven't been updating the mod, so I should really thank the two of you (as well as everyone else who helped) for keeping this mod going.:)

Great Work!

Awesome mod! I love playing as NatChi since they're the only nation to make me interested enough to play past 1943. Big enough to get all the toys i want, but backward enough where i wont be overwhelmed by minutia (i hate naval actions/island hopping).

I havent played in a while but i just noticed these graphics packs and i've downloaded em to give me a more aesthetic new play experience. I unpacked the files into the doomsday folder but after loading up the game i still get the same old layout and drab colors. Any ideas what i did wrong?

Edit: Oh yea and another quick question. In my last game I stuck it out with the axis alliance and whomped on all of asia with my infantry hordes and cruizergs and i've managed to link arms with the Jerries in 42, heading west meeting em at Stalingrad (SU had nothing out east, only thing slowing me down was the snow). Not sure if Bitter Peace, or whatever peace settlement is supposed to fire, but we've pretty much conquered all of the SU and we're just sitting around in the winter twiddling our thumbs. My massive swarm is just overwhelming my TC and the AI acted like a punk and was unloading a crapload of Expeditionary Forces on me, forcing me to eat my up TC load even MORE (cant conduct a proper middle eastern campaign at this point), and forcing me to upgrade/reinforce the beggers too. I mean i've gotten like over 200 divisions worth of Italian, Romanian, Bulgarian, and German units under my control and in some cases gifted over outright since their flags changed to NatChi. Its pissing me off since it's totally throwing my TC out of whack and basically forcing me to either nursemaid those troops into battle or ignore them, which i cant handle since its too much micromanagement. Is there any wya to stop the AI from throwing all these damn troops my way when i dont want them. Course i've never played any other nation as far as this game so maybe this is a common problem...

Last edited:
Awesome mod! I love playing as NatChi since they're the only nation to make me interested enough to play past 1943. Big enough to get all the toys i want, but backward enough where i wont be overwhelmed by minutia (i hate naval actions/island hopping).

I havent played in a while but i just noticed these graphics packs and i've downloaded em to give me a more aesthetic new play experience. I unpacked the files into the doomsday folder but after loading up the game i still get the same old layout and drab colors. Any ideas what i did wrong?
Check in your Doomsday folder...if you find another Doomsday folder you went to far. Copy the contents of the (second) Doomsday folder into the first.
Edit: Oh yea and another quick question. In my last game I stuck it out with the axis alliance and whomped on all of asia with my infantry hordes and cruizergs and i've managed to link arms with the Jerries in 42, heading west meeting em at Stalingrad (SU had nothing out east, only thing slowing me down was the snow). Not sure if Bitter Peace, or whatever peace settlement is supposed to fire, but we've pretty much conquered all of the SU and we're just sitting around in the winter twiddling our thumbs. My massive swarm is just overwhelming my TC and the AI acted like a punk and was unloading a crapload of Expeditionary Forces on me, forcing me to eat my up TC load even MORE (cant conduct a proper middle eastern campaign at this point), and forcing me to upgrade/reinforce the beggers too. I mean i've gotten like over 200 divisions worth of Italian, Romanian, Bulgarian, and German units under my control and in some cases gifted over outright since their flags changed to NatChi. Its pissing me off since it's totally throwing my TC out of whack and basically forcing me to either nursemaid those troops into battle or ignore them, which i cant handle since its too much micromanagement. Is there any wya to stop the AI from throwing all these damn troops my way when i dont want them. Course i've never played any other nation as far as this game so maybe this is a common problem...
If you have Armageddon (this is the ACCIP thread) you can use the "Expeditionary Forces" command in the Diplomacy window to tell them you don't want Expeditionary Forces. If you don't have Armageddon, you can try opening your save game and editing in the command.

1) Backup everything
2) Open your save game.
3) Search for the country you want to stop (i.e., TAG = GER until you get the one that follows Country =)
4) Search for exp_force_ratios
5) Immediately after this should be:
Code:
		no_exp_forces_to = { JAP SIA MAN VIC }
6) Add your country (i.e., CHI) to the list
7) If the no_exp_forces_to line doesn't exist, add it immediately after the exp_forces_ratio (which is why I told you to search for that).
8) Save, exit, test.

You will probably have to send back all of those Expeditionary Forces you already have, but they (normally) won't send you any more.

**They might send you "overseas" expeditionary forces if they can't trace a land connection back to their capital.

Is there difference in first post's CCIP and that latest link? Downloaded from first link and manchuria went to nat. china after I beat Japan as Communist China.. If those are different versions, is this bug corrected?

Last edited:
Hmm...

I just got Armageddon and patched everything up to start a new game.

Its kinda weird but the Xi'an Incident isnt firing. As NatChi i usually just let the CHC live since i never manage to kill em in time, and just send my troops north getting ready for war with Japan. Then when the JAP reinforces the northern army i goto war, inherit guangxi and form the united front, get my nice dissent reduction and just kick the war off early for fun. Since i'm not getting the Xi'an Incident firing, i'm not gonna get the UF. Also i'm getting some new weird event where i put pressure on guangxi or straight out goto war with them (which i dont want, i wanna just straight out inherit and fight JAP asap). Is this this new event chain for Arma cuz i'm digging through the events for CCIP and i cant find the xi'an incident event anymore, but i see plenty of references to it.

Edit: Man this is weird. I just did a hands off run and the xian incident fired, but i dunno where that event is even scripted when i went digging for it earlier. Anyone know where it is?

Last edited:
I just got Armageddon and patched everything up to start a new game.

Its kinda weird but the Xi'an Incident isnt firing. As NatChi i usually just let the CHC live since i never manage to kill em in time, and just send my troops north getting ready for war with Japan. Then when the JAP reinforces the northern army i goto war, inherit guangxi and form the united front, get my nice dissent reduction and just kick the war off early for fun. Since i'm not getting the Xi'an Incident firing, i'm not gonna get the UF. Also i'm getting some new weird event where i put pressure on guangxi or straight out goto war with them (which i dont want, i wanna just straight out inherit and fight JAP asap). Is this this new event chain for Arma cuz i'm digging through the events for CCIP and i cant find the xi'an incident event anymore, but i see plenty of references to it.

Edit: Man this is weird. I just did a hands off run and the xian incident fired, but i dunno where that event is even scripted when i went digging for it earlier. Anyone know where it is?
Hoi2.txt?