Anyway to unlock the 6 Italian divisions locked in Libya in 1914 scenario?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Question in the title. I am currently in an online game and accidentally joined the war prematurely in March 1915 as I thought I'd get the option to trigger an event joining the Entente after the Treaty of London was signed, I didn't know it just mean I'd be forced into the war in 20 days time...

Regardless I am now being invaded by 100 divisions of the Central Powers and need all hands on deck. Is there anyway I can unlock those 6 divisions in Libya? Why are they locked in the first place?

Question in the title. I am currently in an online game and accidentally joined the war prematurely in March 1915 as I thought I'd get the option to trigger an event joining the Entente after the Treaty of London was signed, I didn't know it just mean I'd be forced into the war in 20 days time...

Regardless I am now being invaded by 100 divisions of the Central Powers and need all hands on deck. Is there anyway I can unlock those 6 divisions in Libya? Why are they locked in the first place?
They unlock when Senussi declares war on you through an event. Do note that if you attack them without the event triggering they will never unlock.

Thankyou for the quick and informative reply. I guess they're locked mainly for the AIs benefit, would be nice for players to be able to use them where they like. Defeating the Senussi is hardly a cause for concern for Italy.

You can change the entries for them in the relevant scenario .inc files, Mr_B. If you chase up each of the units concerned you'll find a "locked = yes" entry in their unit descriptions. Remove that and you should be okay.

I was hoping more for an event that triggers if Italy is human controlled, where it releases those locked divisions. Obviously the same would apply for all nations that are human controlled and have locked divisions.

Sorry to necro the thread, but is there a way to unlock them by editing the save file?

I decided to side with the central powers as Italy and I have to defend Africa from the UK and France, having those divisions locked is awkward.