An update on Chirper, and some more.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[video=youtube_share;VMf6EO73ryk]http://youtu.be/VMf6EO73ryk[/video]

I was thinking about Quill's vid from when he is talking about the game while you see him playing the game

Yes, that's more accurate.

tumblr_mdrmz5AfRw1ryu3g1o1_400.gif

Ok so left and right column is out. So how about the bird goes left center at the top, and his tweets come out to the right of him at the same height? Then they won't have to come down into workspace at all (assuming whatever he's saying isn't "trending" at the time lol)

It's funny to me that you guys are applauding that CO listens to you.... but you don't want to listen to your citizens.

I for one probably won't turn off the animation, etc. Feedback from my citizens is important for the success of my city. After I play the game, my opinion may change.... or not.

Personally, I'm not annoyed by it at all. I just would prefer the message box stay open the whole time, than to open and close by itself all the time.

this is much better in my opinion, even if there is not much place on any side, i'm sure something can be worked on.
the chirp in the middle is just...i don't know, obstructive.

sorry about the quick unpolished work

2nw2uxg.jpg

Greetings community!

We believe this is a good middle ground, as the feature is important for you to get an overview of the wants and needs of your citizens.

A lot of people seem overjoyed by this news... I'm not:

Why do you feel the need to 'compromise;' why not do what the vast majority of potential customers want you to do - as communicated on all forums - and give options to both move and hide it? Is really such a point of honour/credibility to someone, that it must stay? It's too big, lower than it should be, and it is wearing a 'my little princess' crown! There needs to be an option to hide it for your customers that don't watch Disney movies.

As to your second point: I have yet to see a single case where I 'need' to see anything it provides. There are lots of little icons all over city that appear to tell me all I need to know.

Does placement really matter? It takes up X amount of space. Doesn't matter which corner you put it in, it's always going to obscure part of your view.
Smile- at least it's not dead center. To me, top center is as good a place as any, and it's not that big anyway.

Does placement really matter? It takes up X amount of space. Doesn't matter which corner you put it in, it's always going to obscure part of your view.

Yes, but some people, unless I am the only one with this quirk, subconciously look for the largest uninterrupted 4:3 rectangle of clear screen to do their "work" in, with the rest being treated as accessory context. Since the left and right panel zones are already taken out of this uninterrupted rectangle, the middle of either panel is no longer particularly precious and might as well have had other clutter in rather than taking the top off the otherwise largest rectangle, in the center.

Not sure if the 4:3 thing is cultural conditioning and will change as more of us use widescreens, or whether it's inbuilt. Apparently windows of rooms we feel most at home in also follow this proportion either in portrait or landscape orientation.

Greetings community!

There will be separate options when you start a game for unlocking everything (except monuments) and unlimited money/sandbox. Right now this is a CO-made mod, we aspire to add it as a checkbox / easily accessible option before launch.

First - thanks for listening to your potential customers (its a good way to make money).

Second - regarding "unlocking everything" - does that include the map tiles?

Yes, but some people, unless I am the only one with this quirk, subconciously look for the largest uninterrupted 4:3 rectangle of clear screen to do their "work" in, with the rest being treated as accessory context. Since the left and right panel zones are already taken out of this uninterrupted rectangle, the middle of either panel is no longer particularly precious and might as well have had other clutter in rather than taking the top off the otherwise largest rectangle, in the center.

Not sure if the 4:3 thing is cultural conditioning and will change as more of us use widescreens, or whether it's inbuilt. Apparently windows of rooms we feel most at home in also follow this proportion either in portrait or landscape orientation.

I think this is probably what I do, but I wouldn't have consciously considered it or been able to state it.

I guess I'll have to shut up about the bird now... but I'm not pleased. This 'compromise' seems like politics to me, and we all know about politicians. I hope that CO will give me an option to move/hide/like it at some point in the future. Maybe I won't shut up though; it's the weekend tomorrow.

A lot of people seem overjoyed by this news... I'm not:

Why do you feel the need to 'compromise;' why not do what the vast majority of potential customers want you to do - as communicated on all forums - and give options to both move and hide it? Is really such a point of honour/credibility to someone, that it must stay? It's too big, lower than it should be, and it is wearing a 'my little princess' crown! There needs to be an option to hide it for your customers that don't watch Disney movies.

As to your second point: I have yet to see a single case where I 'need' to see anything it provides. There are lots of little icons all over city that appear to tell me all I need to know.

I agree with this person, not sure what the target of the game is but I fail to see what the big deal is about adding an option of hiding the Chirper since you're already adding an option to mute it. Is the Chirper moddable at least? Can we remove it by modding?

There's no point in holding on to the developer's vision if that vision is bad, the Chirper is utterly horrible and detestable and I think a lot of people feel the same way from what I usually read on these boards and on Reddit. It's literally Clippy and I will NOT buy the game if I cannot disable it completely. I'm glad I didn't pre-order this.

It's funny to me that you guys are applauding that CO listens to you.... but you don't want to listen to your citizens.

I for one probably won't turn off the animation, etc. Feedback from my citizens is important for the success of my city. After I play the game, my opinion may change.... or not.

[rant]

+1! Please folks, will you stop distracting the devs from actually improving gameplay with this complaint about something you haven't even experienced in person? Simply put: you have no clue yet how the chirper will affect your gameplay, so stop complaining until you've played the game... please. Let's have the hard-working devs fix any REAL bugs now. Or you don't have any right to complain about bugs when the game comes out, because YOU were the one making them focus on the chirper.

[/rant]

[rant]

+1! Please folks, will you stop distracting the devs from actually improving gameplay with this complaint about something you haven't even experienced in person? Simply put: you have no clue yet how the chirper will affect your gameplay, so stop complaining until you've played the game... please. Let's have the hard-working devs fix any REAL bugs now. Or you don't have any right to complain about bugs when the game comes out, because YOU were the one making them focus on the chirper.

[/rant]

Uhm, I highly doubt customer feedback causes an issue for them. If need be they could simply say - "we hear you and will fix it post launch because we are too busy with other problems right now". Need to give them a little credit that they know what they are doing and can run a company.

I cant believe some people actually get annoyed because of that SMALL bird on the screen. lol And now he doesnt even pop-up things if you dont want to.

The bird take like 1% of the whole screen and there are still people winning about that. Im not saying that you dont have the right to complain but is so fun to watch people say that they'll not buy the game because of that bird that takes 1% of the screen. lol Im still waiting for someone to say that the bird has broken the game.

For the all reasons people give for not buying the game yet like day/night, trams, tunnels, rush hour the bird is the dumbest one.

+1
I guess what gets me is they've said their piece a while back and CO listened, "Birdgate" just won't go away- and no matter what they do, it won't satisfy everyone.
It's a bird. It's there. Deal with it.