An update on Chirper, and some more.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's funny to me that you guys are applauding that CO listens to you.... but you don't want to listen to your citizens.

I for one probably won't turn off the animation, etc. Feedback from my citizens is important for the success of my city. After I play the game, my opinion may change.... or not.

I actually agree with you, i don't understand why people wants to remove the information.
i find the disposition of the bird annoying though, in the middle of the screen.
if they would put it on the right, it would not bother to continue chirping.

i really don't get it.......

It's funny to me that you guys are applauding that CO listens to you.... but you don't want to listen to your citizens.

I for one probably won't turn off the animation, etc. Feedback from my citizens is important for the success of my city. After I play the game, my opinion may change.... or not.

I agree with you, it's very nice to have feedback and it makes the city more alive. But most complaints vere about the prominent place where the bird was and the sound he made.
I would miss the kind of feedback the news prompter gave in SC3000 and SC4. Damn, those kitty kibble shortages were bad news.

Nice, now people can stop rambling about this (I sort of agreed with them though, because the consistent popping up every minute with that sound effect could have gotten annoying eventually. Clicking on the bird for info is the way to go).

I agree with you, it's very nice to have feedback and it makes the city more alive. But most complaints vere about the prominent place where the bird was and the sound he made.
I would miss the kind of feedback the news prompter gave in SC3000 and SC4. Damn, those kitty kibble shortages were bad news.
It's more the problem with placement, it's straight in the center of the screen and it kinda takes up a lot of space when it's "chirping". The news tickers from SC3k and 4 were just a small bar. The Chirper kinda feels like Sim City 2k's newspaper, which got really old really fast, because it just flew in your face and was just in the way. If the Chirper was on the edge of the screen where you don't really mind it, it would be cool, but because its in the center it could get annoying.

It's more the problem with placement, it's straight in the center of the screen and it kinda takes up a lot of space when it's "chirping". The news tickers from SC3k and 4 were just a small bar. The Chirper kinda feels like Sim City 2k's newspaper, which got really old really fast, because it just flew in your face and was just in the way. If the Chirper was on the edge of the screen where you don't really mind it, it would be cool, but because its in the center it could get annoying.

Yeah it would be better to have him smaller on the top left corner and the "chirps" appearing on one line only, not on a block

Position was the main issue with the chirper. Pretty much central of the screen, and can be obstructive.

The chirper is basically the same as the SimCity ticker in past games, except those were at the bottom. And in SC4, the ticker could pop out in separate window, and you could move the window to where you want it.

I think the better compromise would be, to be able to move the chirper to the side, instead of keeping it central.

Awww that poor chirper. I don't mind it that much. It makes it all more alive for me to see what my cims are complaining about, but it is great that the option is there. I think i would have been more annoyed by the sound. 2 weeks and 4 days left ;)

I don't get it, is that to complicated to move the chirp on the right side of the screen? :mellow:

Unfortunately this is not possible, because there are other things taking that space.

The Chirper remains visible to this exact reason :) But it will not spam you with popups.

Unfortunately this is not possible, because there are other things taking that space.

The Chirper remains visible to this exact reason :) But it will not spam you with popups.

I understand that you have other stuff on that side of the screen and that it cannot be moved there. But could it be done that we ourself can relocate the bird, say in the left top corner or so?? And if that isn't possible (because of other stuff sitting there or so) maybe we could have the option to make the bird itself smaller. What i've seen from the vids, it looks rather large on the screen and limiting the view on the game. So please see if you can move the bird to a side/bottom and/or make him smaller please.

I understand that you have other stuff on that side of the screen and that it cannot be moved there. But could it be done that we ourself can relocate the bird, say in the left top corner or so?? And if that isn't possible (because of other stuff sitting there or so) maybe we could have the option to make the bird itself smaller. What i've seen from the vids, it looks rather large on the screen and limiting the view on the game. So please see if you can move the bird to a side/bottom and/or make him smaller please.

It's seriously not that large. (keep in mind it's a lot smaller now than in older vids)

Ah, so i was maybe confused with the "older" vids. Is the vid form PDX more in tone with how the bird is gonna look like in the launch version of the game?

Which one specifically?