• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I've mentioned this before, but just wanted it on "public record".

Regarding the AI, and the "construction = " modifier, it lists virtually all the buildings (naval, air bases, infra, IC), except for synthetical oil, material and nuclear power plants.

This creates the issue that if the AI has been told to construct buildings, but cannot do anything on the list, it will default to synthetic oil plants. It would be great if you could open up this for modders (and the same for synthetic material and nuclear power plants, otherwise likely the problem will spread to them).

I've included screenshots detailing the synthetic plant issue a bit more.

Also the "Infra_provs = { [enter IDs here] }" command seems very unreliable, if you're able to take a look and see how it works, we'd have the potentially to enable AI edits to make them a lot better.

Attachments

• Synthetic plant AI file Arab.png
    Synthetic plant AI file Arab.png
    74,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Synthetic plant default 2.png
    Synthetic plant default 2.png
    428,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Synthetic plant default.png
    Synthetic plant default.png
    432 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Remember when I show people how the AoD AI determines what to build in the code? The list of preferences where if it can't build this then it will build that?

Could you come up with a list that?

Remember when I show people how the AoD AI determines what to build in the code? The list of preferences where if it can't build this then it will build that?

Could you come up with a list that?
I do, just ideally the AI will only build what it's instructed too. Ie if the construction modifier = 1, but there's no building listed for it to build, then it doesn't build.

But if there had to be a default, it should always be infra.