• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I miss most in paradox games is a blizzard like cinematic for introduction and end game.

Ok The HoI series has one for introduction.. but nothing at end game...

The victoria is introductory cinematic is simply cute... has long road ahead of it to be considered blizzard-like... and still nothing at endgame.

The EU 3 has no real cinematic just paintings..... The EU 2 cinematic was exelent for its time.... but still nothing at end game....

Any chance to see an improvement on that aspect.... EU 3 becomes a bit boring when you conquer most of the world... give us reason to finish games!!!..

pretty sure making a blizzard quality intro costs many times more than our entire development budget, so its not likely. I kinda liked the Victoria 2 one though as it set "the ambiance" a bit.

The intros to both V1 and 2 are really cool, but you will never watch them more than 2 or 3 times at most.

Same here, I'd much more prefer a game trailer on youtube, or a dev diary or something. Intro videos are annoying and take away precious seconds of my playing time, even if I can escape out of them :)

pretty sure making a blizzard quality intro costs many times more than our entire development budget, so its not likely. I kinda liked the Victoria 2 one though as it set "the ambiance" a bit.

What I really miss (and it is hardly expensive) are the country-specific descriptions in the scenario menu. Paradox seems to have abandoned then when they moved on to the clausewitz engine.

What I really miss (and it is hardly expensive) are the country-specific descriptions in the scenario menu. Paradox seems to have abandoned then when they moved on to the clausewitz engine.

or the Victoria end screen, with the different leader pictures, instead of just the flags weve got today

or the Victoria end screen, with the different leader pictures, instead of just the flags weve got today

As a related thing: why does the V-2 end-game screen not have any music like EU3 does? It's just deathly quiet, as if a V-2 rocket has just struck down somewhere...

costs many times more than our entire development budget

Just in case not everybody got the message, I will try a translation:

"Help! We don´t have money, in fact we do not even know how money looks like, we are dirt poor and have to feed 27 children. PLEASE show mercy, buy more Paradox games from the World Market so that we at least partially can fulfill our life needs!"

EU 2 Intoductory cinematic costed that much? I would love to see it again as it is ... but taking advatage of the modern Graphics card capabilites... Can you have something like that in EU 4?

Just in case not everybody got the message, I will try a translation:

"Help! We don´t have money, in fact we do not even know how money looks like, we are dirt poor and have to feed 27 children. PLEASE show mercy, buy more Paradox games from the World Market so that we at least partially can fulfill our life needs!"

I prefer to see it like we are artisans who have not promoted and are not quite interested to work in a factory yet :p

Personally, I don't miss intro movies, cinematics and so on at all. They can be awesome the first time you see them, but nothing more. Spending every avaible penny of the budget in development and playable features returns a much higher yeld for us gamers, imho.
If Gordon Gekko was a grand strategy games player, I bet that he would say: "It's all about content. The rest is conversation." :)

Off topic post scriptum: I'd love a Capitalism-style Paradox game!

I dont mean expencive.. .but inspiring....

The EU 2 into video was exelent. Inspiring and I guess not that much expencive.... It is half truth that you watch the videos only once and feel astonished....

I always watch an intro video when I start playing a new game in an old title... It has been some time since I last played HoI 2 for example...I will watch the videos before I start a new game...

Same is true for EU 3 ..... I was the EU 2 introductory video before I launch a new game in EU 3...

How about a background depicting Polish troops raising a Polish flag anywhere in Warsaw?

Why Warsaw? Why not New York or Vladivostok?

I would really fancy possibility to add certain nationality to accepted culture as the game goes on. Say, you start as relatively small country, then you conquer your neighbours to form an empire, but province that has 100% different nationality will never assimilate, but if you have full citizenship and treat all new citizens properly, you should be able to eventually add certain nationality to accepted cultures after some time or if average happiness/needs are met.
Would be awesome to hear a word about it from devs, would make playing tiny countries even more fun. ^_^