• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FangirlCrazily

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
Feb 7, 2023
Rulers!

We are pleased to announce that we are entering Age of Wonders 4 into the Steam Awards for the category Best Game You Suck At!

Steam_Awards_2023_SUCK_AT_AOW4_2 800x450.jpg

Hours of theorycrafting, debates over tactics, and curses at the Grexolis designers for being born are thrown around every week. Yet even the most dedicated players find themselves at odds with the enemies they try to exert dominance over, especially after the AI got a beefy upgrade in the Golem Update.

Best Game You Suck At recognises the effort the devs have put into designing the core strategy of the game, the compulsion that keeps you coming back and saying “One More Turn” even when wars aren’t going your way. It celebrates the wonderful joys of experimenting tactics through trial and error, in order to creatively pull off the most hard-earned triumphs.

We truly hope that amidst the many other wonderful entries, our game has captured your hearts enough to fetch us your nomination!

Vote now: https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards/nominations

How It Works:
  • In the first phase (right now!), players submit their nominations to Steam.
  • The Top 5 games then go into a second round of voting
  • At the end of the second round, the game with the most number of votes wins!

BLANK_PDX_AutumnSale_Social_1920x1080_AOW.jpg

In addition, Age of Wonders 4 will be discounted for the duration of the Steam Autumn Sale!
  • Standard Edition: 30% off
  • Premium Edition: 15% off
  • Dragon Dawn: 10% off

*The Premium Edition grants access to the newly released expansion Empires & Ashes!

Grab your presents in time for the holidays!
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/pdx_autumnsale_23

On behalf of Triumph Studios and Paradox Interactive, thank you for your support!

Cheatcodestogrexolisinfinitepantheonpointsandimmortalmechanicalbirdsnotguaranteed:

Attachments

• Steam_Awards_2023_SUCK_AT_AOW4_2 1920x1080.jpg
    Steam_Awards_2023_SUCK_AT_AOW4_2 1920x1080.jpg
    805,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5Haha
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Sales are great to rope in new players, but I guess if you are on this forum, chances are you already own the game.
That being said, I own the game on Xbox, but would/will buy a PC copy if there is a big enough discount on it, which this isn't yet.
GOG>Steam though

I'd nominate Age of Wonders 4, but "Best game you suck at" wouldn't be my first choice. I'd need to look over all the options but probably something like "best role playing game" or "best animated" etc.

It has its challenge, but I think to a lot of us the challenge isn't the appeal so much as the animation and spirit of the game.

Reactions: