• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The beta hotfix was only available for a subset of players. No one on Epic got it (granted, Epic does not even offer beta channels), but neither did GOG players (and GOG does offer beta channels).

I still cannot play and have not played at any point because Triumph does not manage to get the basic startup going for non-insignificant subset of users.

As someone who does not go for the twitchy mainstream games: this is definitely the worst release in the last decade for me, possibly longer.
Well, it's unfortunate that you had such an expierience, but I think you should give them more credit. You mentioned yourself there are some technical limitations that might come from specific platforms as far as hotfixes go. Triumph devs are working on them, they even respond to issues reported here on this very forum on an individual level - they are normal programmers, not magicians. Maybe they effed-up something, maybe there were some last-minute changes in graphic drivers which broke the game, but imo it's the dilligence with which they work to fix them that shows their work culture (even if it's a bit messy on the communication side). I personally work in IT and I know that it's usually not that easy to communicate changes.adress issues on every channel.

I might sound like a shill, but my opinion of them is not based on this release alone, I've been following their games and I can vouch for their responsiveness. If they are still the same team I know from these very forums, they will make things right.

Reactions:
Alright that explains the error. The launcher keeps a reference to the last played save which is no longer accessible. As BitMaster mentioned we've pushed a update (version 78192) due to continued issues on the Epic version of the game. In this update we've temporarily disabled Cloud Saves, which means that the cloud saves are inaccessible and saves will be made Local only.

We understand that this is a incredibly frustrating situation but we deemed this the best solution to get you guys playing in the short term. A long term fix is still being worked on but this should allow you to enjoy the game over the weekend. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
In the long term fix can we expect our pantheon to return? And will any pantheon progress we make now be added to the returning pantheon?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will there be a console hotfix soon? Main issues I've seen so far are crash after battle and the tome library not working with controller thing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just had a crash in a multiplayer game, the crash caused the game to go unresponsive for all players, now whenever we try to join the game the game hard crashes into an unresponsive state.

We also both experienced desync crashes. Most crashes are fine due to how easy it is to rejoin multiplayer games, however this crash doesn't let anyone play that game anymore.

The online game still exists but if you join it the game crashes out.

Last edited:
I have been having the same problem in every multiplayer game i've played in, at the end of every turn every player desyncs. Every single turn. we did not have generate random rulers on. we all verified our game files, tried remaking the lobby, nothing has worked.

Please help

After 5 or 50, sometimes by just starting the game restarts my computer. I have the beta branch and all the settings advised by you but still its crashing. As it is causing a windows restart cannot generate bug logs. Very disappointing. Seems this studio did not even playtest their game before but have the guts asking money for a season pass

Reactions:
I had multiple and random crash (hundreds) at start, but the 4 or 5 times i could start the game, no crash after the start... can play hours.
I updated all what i can on my computer (windows, .NET, Visual C++ redistribuables, drivers...), but still have these crashs.

=> Finally i could play without crash by adding the option "-dx11" to launch the game (on Steam launcher).
[edit] This works yesterday, but today game crash again at every starts. Good job for this release.

Hope this can help some players, and dev too !!

Last edited:
Just had a crash in a multiplayer game, the crash caused the game to go unresponsive for all players, now whenever we try to join the game the game hard crashes into an unresponsive state.

We also both experienced desync crashes. Most crashes are fine due to how easy it is to rejoin multiplayer games, however this crash doesn't let anyone play that game anymore.

The online game still exists but if you join it the game crashes out.
Have you tried the "Revert" option for that lobby? It resets the turn and I can tell you we already had two issues, we could fix this way.
Obviously the host needs to do this.

Have you tried the "Revert" option for that lobby? It resets the turn and I can tell you we already had two issues, we could fix this way.
Obviously the host needs to do this.
Thanks for the tip, I've had the host try this but it never worked, it came after a few turns of getting desynced every few minutes so im guessing its tied to that problem.

Epic Games Version crash occurring on Launch/during the initial Loading Screen
the problem is the same, nothing has changed
Huuu...
I'm on a Steam version and i have the same issue.
It's not only on the "Epic Games" version.

If your driver crashes before being able to get to the settings it might be worth to go to your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders 4\Config folder and changing the "Video.DriverWorkaround" from false to true manually in the PlatformSettings0.cfg.
I just tried to add this in this file, and right now the game started;
For the first time today, after lot of crashs.
"Video.DriverWorkaround" was missing on my file, so i suppose game take default value instead (true or false ?)

is "true" a value good to keep before a patch ?
what does this parameter do exactly ?

[edit] : This works only one.
Today the game serial-crash again.
Do you have a date for the end of this beta test ?

Last edited:
I've just played another muitplayer match, man, I hope they fix vassals by turning on their military AI in the next patch, it's so sad seeing everyone's cities sitting around doing nothing. They don't even defend themselves.

Once another player has taken a bunch of cities, you basically have vast swaths of land where all the cities just have 6 units sat on them doing nothing.

You can raid them to your heart's content.

Last edited:
UPD
  1. You can't teleport from one teleport type to another: for me it was basic tele and astral book tele (time gate?..)
  2. You can't use militia camp as unit spawn point.

Loaded my save, excited to see if my issues are resolved. Puts me back in campaign mission 3, in a battle. Crashed before the turn completed. I am at an absolute loss as to what I can do at this point beyond try and get a refund.

I adore this game but crashing 4-5 times an hour, running it on a 4090 and an i9 13900K is unbelievably frustrating. I crash randomly in the map, I crash randomly in battles. Specifically it seems limited to campaign missions, maybe singleplayer generally (not sure) as played a 3 hour MP game without issue.

I continue to submit my crash reports but to be honest I'm just utterly fed up now.