• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This patch fixed the crashes for me thanks! :) Any idea when we will get a general patch? If you turn your built cities or captured cities into vassals they currently don't have any AI, they wont send raiding parties / build units / patrol their territory or even defend themselves. They just stand around with their 6 units they start with.

Reactions:
The worst game release I've seen. I can understand some mistakes and shortcomings. But when the game doesn't start at all... Moreover, someone is playing, and someone like me is sitting and watching the forum only waiting for a hotfix. And for some reason they are not in a hurry with hotfixes.
I'm upset and angry!
If that's the worst release you've seen then I envy you. Beta hotfix available first day after game release, actual hotfix on second. While in case of some AAA games you need to wait a couple of months for gamebreaking issues fixes...

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • Fixed a crash that could occur due to the Outpost icon being readded to the World Map after turning into a City
I suspect this crash was actually a symptom of an underlying bug that is still present. Namely, if you upgrade an Outpost to a city, the city has a hidden "Outpost" building. This building also costs the player 10 gold per turn until/unless dismantled.

I have to make ~30 restarts to finish a single turn with several fights in it. No exaggeration. Sometimes game crashes 30 seconds into the turn, sometimes when I click something, sometimes when I hover mouse over something and sometimes I do absolutely nothing.

• "AI Behavior causing “Opponents are Moving” hang"
  • One the spelling is wrong on behavior in the OG forum check your spelling before making a post.
  • Two the AI behavior has caused me to lose multiple saves and time.
  • Three play test your games before you release them I have crashed on a 3090 TI over a hundred times now.
  • Four we are not your beta testers the servers have not been stress tested and crash more often than not causing me and my wife to lose our patients with the game despite the good ideas.
  • Five you are not a small indie dev studio stop acting like it.
  • Six 50$ USD is a joke for how broken most of the game is and me and my wife both regret the purchase.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I have played 24+ hours and now my saves are not loading (or even showing) and the Pantheon progress is reset. Well, it was pretty frustrating. I don't think I'm going to play. Just imagine that I would not have the sixth level of the Pantheon, but at least 10. Ugh. Thank you, no.

If that's the worst release you've seen then I envy you. Beta hotfix available first day after game release, actual hotfix on second. While in case of some AAA games you need to wait a couple of months for gamebreaking issues fixes...
The beta hotfix was only available for a subset of players. No one on Epic got it (granted, Epic does not even offer beta channels), but neither did GOG players (and GOG does offer beta channels).

I still cannot play and have not played at any point because Triumph does not manage to get the basic startup going for non-insignificant subset of users.

As someone who does not go for the twitchy mainstream games: this is definitely the worst release in the last decade for me, possibly longer.

no carga mis partidas guardadas ni mi pantheon santo cielooooooo
1683294956895.png

If you are on Epic, there seemed to have been a minor update on Epic which disabled cloud saves. Apparently there was some kind of issue getting it to work stable.

The really sad bit is that you need to have a very close and persistent look at the bug reports subforum to be aware of that.

Epic Store
We've pushed a update (version 78192) for the continued issues on the Epic version of the game. In this update we've temporarily disabled Cloud Saves, this means that you'll be loosing your current progress and saves will be made Local only (с)Triumph Jordi.
P.S. I can't add a link, due to suspicion of spam. The topic is called Epic Fails [Games] in Age of Wonders 4: Bug Reports.

when i try to launch i am supposed to have my saved , and it is being recognized by the launcher but when i log in it gives me load errorView attachment 976981
Alright that explains the error. The launcher keeps a reference to the last played save which is no longer accessible. As BitMaster mentioned we've pushed a update (version 78192) due to continued issues on the Epic version of the game. In this update we've temporarily disabled Cloud Saves, which means that the cloud saves are inaccessible and saves will be made Local only.

We understand that this is a incredibly frustrating situation but we deemed this the best solution to get you guys playing in the short term. A long term fix is still being worked on but this should allow you to enjoy the game over the weekend. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Alright that explains the error. The launcher keeps a reference to the last played save which is no longer accessible. As BitMaster mentioned we've pushed a update (version 78192) due to continued issues on the Epic version of the game. In this update we've temporarily disabled Cloud Saves, which means that the cloud saves are inaccessible and saves will be made Local only.

We understand that this is a incredibly frustrating situation but we deemed this the best solution to get you guys playing in the short term. A long term fix is still being worked on but this should allow you to enjoy the game over the weekend. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
I mean, I have to start from 0 again and I just lost the 20 game hours that I had saved ...... nice, they should have at least given us the chance to get our saves out of the cloud so that it was local save ......

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mean, I have to start from 0 again and I just lost the 20 game hours that I had saved ...... nice, they should have at least given us the chance to get our saves out of the cloud so that it was local save ......
Epic Cloud Saves are encrypted, there is no method to retrieve or use them outside of the Cloud System. The fact that you were able to play is quite impressive as almost all our users reached the point where they'd crash on starting the game.