• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HeyTiko

Sergeant
Paradox Staff
Nov 22, 2022

Age of Wonders 4 - PC Hotfix - 04/05/2023​

To my fellow Godir,

First off, we want to thank you for the awesome release! It’s been amazing seeing so many of you finally getting your hands on the game. Many of you have been able to enjoy the game as we intended but there have been difficulties along the way.

Over the past few days we’ve been hard at work to address the most common issues that have popped up. The people on the Hotfix branch have been incredibly helpful in tracking down the Graphics Driver issues and we’re now confident in rolling out the fixes at large.

For users with the NVIDIA Graphics cards defined below, that have experienced frequent crashes, we have added a Driver Workaround setting. This setting will be automatically enabled for the affected users and should alleviate the most commonly experienced crashes.

May your Pantheons Thrive

Game Version: 1.002.003.78130

Header_Fixes.gif

Graphics
  • Added Driver Workaround in Settings
    • This setting has been live on the Steam Hotfix branch already
    • This setting is not localized/translated
    • This setting is default enabled on the following GPU’s:
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
General
  • Disabled the DLC Tab in the Paradox Launcher
  • Included additional .dll files for Game Launch failures
  • Fixed several issues causing Game Launch failures
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on loading saves
  • Fixed a Combat/Animation Crash that could occur on Combat End
  • Fixed Duplicate Rulers being chosen on the Fields of Rebirth
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the AI Behaviour
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during the Age of Shadows Spell
  • Updated the “Contact Us” url in the Crash Reporter
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when losing connection in the World Setup screen
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when no valid position was found for a Quest Stack
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in Tutorials due to two popups opening simultaneously
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Objective Complete animation of the Tutorials
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when invalid units were still being moved
  • Fixed a crash that could occur due to the Outpost icon being readded to the World Map after turning into a City
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Heroes Overview when the captor of a Hero is a Vassalised Ruler
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Build Province Improvement Quest
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing “Player has won/lost a Battle” events in Multiplayer
  • Fixed a common crash that could occur when viewing Tooltips
Interface
  • Disabled “Generate Random Rulers” in Multiplayer due to Out of Syncs
  • Fixed Last Name not accepting spaces
  • Fixed Last Name reassigning a Last Name if left empty
  • Fixed Lock Mouse setting not locking the mouse cursor to the screen
  • Fixed the World UI appearing in Combat when the Pause Menu was opened at specific moments or after accessing the Keybindings Menu
  • Fixed Tomes not being able to be chosen through the Tome Library when using Controller
  • Fixed a issues with non-Latin Languages and opening Tooltips in Tooltips
Units
  • Fixed Knight Model being broken for several Forms when combined with the Unicorn Mount Form Trait
  • Fixed Spellbreaker Casting Animations being broken when combined with the Unicorn Mount Form Trait
  • Fixed Node Defenders not being able to upgrade in certain situations
Steam
  • Increased Save File limit per Session to 50

GoG
  • Fixed Potential Save Game issues with Foreign Characters in the PC Name
  • Fixed Achievements unlocking incorrectly
Epic
  • Fixed Save Games not being able to be deleted
  • Fixed Save Games unable to be made after approx 70 min of continuous play

Header_KnownIssues.gif

• Epic Games Version crash occurring on Launch/during the initial Loading Screen
  • Poor performance on Xbox Series X
  • Non-Functional Safe Area Ratio Slider
  • AI Behaviour causing “Opponents are Moving” hang
  • Custom Titles reset in the finalize screen when editing a Custom Faction
  • Province with Underground Water cannot construct Special Province Improvements

Thank you for your patience and support!

• 39Like
Reactions:
Keep up the good work, dear Devs! This game deserves appreciation by all. I hope by the end of the month, everyone will be able to enjoy it.
Just for the info - My specs: Intel I-7 7700, GPU - GTX 1060 (6GB), 16 GB RAM, Steam user - 10+ ingame hours, no crashes, no issues.
I hope that everyone will be able to show this game some more love!

Kind Regards to All - Devs and Community!

Reactions:
Epic Games Version crash occurring on Launch/during the initial Loading Screen

Age of Wonders 4 - PC Hotfix - 04/05/2023​

To my fellow Godir,

First off, we want to thank you for the awesome release! It’s been amazing seeing so many of you finally getting your hands on the game. Many of you have been able to enjoy the game as we intended but there have been difficulties along the way.

Over the past few days we’ve been hard at work to address the most common issues that have popped up. The people on the Hotfix branch have been incredibly helpful in tracking down the Graphics Driver issues and we’re now confident in rolling out the fixes at large.

For users with the NVIDIA Graphics cards defined below, that have experienced frequent crashes, we have added a Driver Workaround setting. This setting will be automatically enabled for the affected users and should alleviate the most commonly experienced crashes.

May your Pantheons Thrive

Game Version: 1.002.003.78130

View attachment 976453

Graphics
  • Added Driver Workaround in Settings
    • This setting has been live on the Steam Hotfix branch already
    • This setting is not localized/translated
    • This setting is default enabled on the following GPU’s:
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
General
  • Disabled the DLC Tab in the Paradox Launcher
  • Included additional .dll files for Game Launch failures
  • Fixed several issues causing Game Launch failures
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on loading saves
  • Fixed a Combat/Animation Crash that could occur on Combat End
  • Fixed Duplicate Rulers being chosen on the Fields of Rebirth
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the AI Behaviour
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during the Age of Shadows Spell
  • Updated the “Contact Us” url in the Crash Reporter
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when losing connection in the World Setup screen
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when no valid position was found for a Quest Stack
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in Tutorials due to two popups opening simultaneously
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Objective Complete animation of the Tutorials
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when invalid units were still being moved
  • Fixed a crash that could occur due to the Outpost icon being readded to the World Map after turning into a City
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Heroes Overview when the captor of a Hero is a Vassalised Ruler
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Build Province Improvement Quest
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing “Player has won/lost a Battle” events in Multiplayer
  • Fixed a common crash that could occur when viewing Tooltips
Interface
  • Disabled “Generate Random Rulers” in Multiplayer due to Out of Syncs
  • Fixed Last Name not accepting spaces
  • Fixed Last Name reassigning a Last Name if left empty
  • Fixed Lock Mouse setting not locking the mouse cursor to the screen
  • Fixed the World UI appearing in Combat when the Pause Menu was opened at specific moments or after accessing the Keybindings Menu
  • Fixed Tomes not being able to be chosen through the Tome Library when using Controller
  • Fixed a issues with non-Latin Languages and opening Tooltips in Tooltips
Units
  • Fixed Knight Model being broken for several Forms when combined with the Unicorn Mount Form Trait
  • Fixed Spellbreaker Casting Animations being broken when combined with the Unicorn Mount Form Trait
  • Fixed Node Defenders not being able to upgrade in certain situations
Steam
  • Increased Save File limit per Session to 50

GoG
  • Fixed Potential Save Game issues with Foreign Characters in the PC Name
  • Fixed Achievements unlocking incorrectly
Epic
  • Fixed Save Games not being able to be deleted
  • Fixed Save Games unable to be made after approx 70 min of continuous play

View attachment 976452

• Epic Games Version crash occurring on Launch/during the initial Loading Screen
  • Poor performance on Xbox Series X
  • Non-Functional Safe Area Ratio Slider
  • AI Behaviour causing “Opponents are Moving” hang
  • Custom Titles reset in the finalize screen when editing a Custom Faction
  • Province with Underground Water cannot construct Special Province Improvements

Thank you for your patience and support!

the problem is the same, nothing has changed

• 2Like
Reactions:
I cannot reach the settings because the game crashes during startup. What key can I add to PlatformSettings0.cfg to wire it in? Unfortunately, the default created config file does not seem to contain the key.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since this latest hotfix, my game has been stuttering instead of crashing, so I am grateful for that!

After reviewing the specs, my computer is very slightly below the minimum specs, which is bad enough on its own, probably exacerbating the bugs that were there before. I was able to complete a turn that I could not before.

My game was not crashing until this update. Now, when I defeat the last enemy in the Archipelago map, the game consistently crashes on the transition from game map to post-game. I am therefore unable to progress and complete this map. Error reporting runs into an Internal Server error and fails.

Specs:
i9-13900K
RTX 4090 (latest drivers)
64 GB RAM
Windows 11
Steam

the problem is the same, nothing has changed
That is correct, it's listed under the Known Issues as we're still investigating it.
I cannot reach the settings because the game crashes during startup. What key can I add to PlatformSettings0.cfg to wire it in? Unfortunately, the default created config file does not seem to contain the key.
If your driver crashes before being able to get to the settings it might be worth to go to your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders 4\Config folder and changing the "Video.DriverWorkaround" from false to true manually in the PlatformSettings0.cfg.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Just want to throw one more issue on the pile and tell you that I love this game already.

I'm currently playing with two friends and we wanted to use at least the massive maps mod from the beginning.
The problem is, everytime I add any mods to my playset, I get the information that cross-play doesn't support mods and will be disabled, but we are all playing on PC on the steam version.
It works perfectly without mods, but as soon as I add them I'm unable to join any multiplayer games or even see the existing ones.
They also can't join me while we have mods enabled.

I hope you can fix this or have some insight as to what might be causing this.

Hey everyone!

We understand your concerns and rest assured they are being a very active subject of conversation.

If you want to help report and register issues, visit Bug Reports Forum where you can post your feedback and issues so that our QA teams can address and assist you with whatever problem you might have! ;)

Не могу запустить игру... Вернее с экрана загрузки она постоянно вылетает...

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-05-04 222915.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-05-04 222915.png
    43,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The worst game release I've seen. I can understand some mistakes and shortcomings. But when the game doesn't start at all... Moreover, someone is playing, and someone like me is sitting and watching the forum only waiting for a hotfix. And for some reason they are not in a hurry with hotfixes.
I'm upset and angry!

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: