• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something I ran into today: I had mods working yesterday, but today, they wouldn't load into the actual city, although everything looked right. Then I went to look at the playset, and realized the 'Activate' was not grayed out. Clicked 'Activate' and everything loads now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I had the same issue, might be that theres some weird stuff going on because i tried downloading mods when they released and some things had been messed up. I firstly removed my thunderstore profile for CS2 as well as deleting all the mods before i did that. then i made another playset and that seemed to work. could be that some dependencies didnt work properly, as i had the exact same list as my initial playset but needed to add a few more when adding them again.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It works for me. but only because I deactivated all mods in the thunderstore mod tool the day before the update. Since the Thunderstore Mod Tool no longer works anyway, I uninstalled it afterwards using the Windows function (add or remove programs).

For those who say that Thunderstore doesn't work anymore, I have it working with Legacy flavour, infoloom and extended tooltips. Also, modders added a bridge mod, that allow to download official mods and make it run through Thunderstore.

For consideration:

*The first time the game updated and run, asked if you want to play with mods or without mods. You can change this behavior in the game parameters from Steam. (i dont know how it work in other versions)
* If you have the paradox mod beta, check if you activated a playset.
* Check that mods are enabled inside the playset.
* If an specific mod isnt working check the mod forum.
* If you don't have a Paradox account, create one, and check the mods in the Paradox Mod website (it's preaty handy).
* Install SKYVE, that checks a lot of stuff (including if you are logged in Pdx Account)
* When mods updates, restart the game despite of you don't be asked to do that.
+ Disconnect and reconnect on the paradox account.

Edit: + added consideration by @Solus722 tested by @Potoroo

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Are the mods working for you?
Before uninstall the game, some of them worked for me: Anarchy, Landscape Tool, Move (but I don't have any clue of what I has selecting because I didn't have any hit box). But I had to restart the game twice, and it had to update them also twice. At this point didn't know if its a "feature" or a bug (as it's in BETA mode). Who knows..., because they are not communicating anything.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yesterday the problem for me was that they didn't work, today the problem is the UI completely disappears when I have any mod enabled. I gave CO and Paradox the benefit of the doubt when this game was released that they'd get it together, but the past few days have destroyed all the faith I previously had in them.

• 2Like
Reactions:
For those who say that Thunderstore doesn't work anymore, I have it working with Legacy flavour, infoloom and extended tooltips. Also, modders added a bridge mod, that allow to download official mods and make it run through Thunderstore.

For consideration:

*The first time the game updated and run, asked if you want to play with mods or without mods. You can change this behavior in the game parameters from Steam. (i dont know how it work in other versions)
* If you have the paradox mod beta, check if you activated a playset.
* Check that mods are enabled inside the playset.
* If an specific mod isnt working check the mod forum.
* If you don't have a Paradox account, create one, and check the mods in the Paradox Mod website (it's preaty handy).
* Install SKYVE, that checks a lot of stuff (including if you are logged in Pdx Account)
* When mods updates, restart the game despite of you don't be asked to do that.
I tried all of this and nothing. It shows them loaded but nothing in game. I appreciate the help.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think this relates to the current problems and that maarten_714 explained well here

explained > Topic Paradox Mods down already?
message 67

What I found and which helps to resynchronize the verification of installed mods and so that the mods are all validated, is a disconnection and reconnection on the paradox account.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
2 days now, and all I have is a vanilla game which crashes on launch.

Have they made even one statment on the update? Tips to get the game going, etc?

Edit: I take it back I'm up and runing with by loading just BepInEx and my custom map.

It's a start. A least I can now experiment by adding mods one a time.

But absolute MFer, as I can't see any way that the surfaces mod will work. Replacing all those surfaces will be like a job.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I think this relates to the current problems and that maarten_714 explained well here

What I found and which helps to resynchronize the verification of installed mods and so that the mods are all validated, is a disconnection and reconnection on the paradox account.
Ah, lovely. So it's probably DRM related nonsense that, again, would not even be a problem they need to solve if they hadn't made the monumentally selfish and stupid and anti-consumer decision to internalize the mod distribution.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Do you have the link for his explanation?

Not sure if it was mentioned already but having the mods load up correctly did not require just a game restart but the launcher as well. This made it a bit more repeatable and predictable for me.

Do you have the link for his explanation?

I can't put links or copy paste on the forum, I constantly receive
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Topic : Paradox Mods down already?
message 67

Last edited:
I can't put links or copy paste on the forum, I constantly receive
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Topic : Paradox Mods down already?
message 67
You seem to need a certain number of postings first before being allowed to insert links. I don't know how much though.

Possible, I sent a ticket, I'm waiting THANKS
It's not a bug, it's the forum's anti-spam filter. Just in typical Paradox fashion they couldn't be bothered giving it a helpful error message.

The required post count seems to be 10. If you don't have enough things to contribute here, try adding a few comments in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/obnoxious-spam-filter.1563923/ . The mods are aware of it and why people use it to get their post count up, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's not a bug, it's the forum's anti-spam filter. Just in typical Paradox fashion they couldn't be bothered giving it a helpful error message.

The required post count seems to be 10. If you don't have enough things to contribute here, try adding a few comments in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/obnoxious-spam-filter.1563923/ . The mods are aware of it and why people use it to get their post count up, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks, after a few monologue messages it works ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: