• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrMeowPuss

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Apr 8, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
So I’ve added all the mods I want with dependencies. I also tried uninstalling Thunderstore altogether but sadly the mods still don’t work.

Anyone else having this issue?

• 3Like
Reactions:
So I’ve added all the mods I want with dependencies. I also tried uninstalling Thunderstore altogether but sadly the mods still don’t work.

Anyone else having this issue?
To test this, I tried a new game with only one mod in my playset, Historical Start. It's supposed to unlock certain transport functions that were historically available, but it's not working. Nothing is unlocked. Since I never used Thunderstore that is not a potential problem for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never had Thunderstore installed. Added moveit, line tool, water features and unified icon library dependacy to initial playset and activited it. Nothing works?? Do you have to download the modding toolchain set aswell? that looks like its just there for creating mods?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never had Thunderstore installed. Added moveit, line tool, water features and unified icon library dependacy to initial playset and activited it. Nothing works?? Do you have to download the modding toolchain set aswell? that looks like its just there for creating mods?
Yes, the toolchain is for creating mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To test this, I tried a new game with only one mod in my playset, Historical Start. It's supposed to unlock certain transport functions that were historically available, but it's not working. Nothing is unlocked. Since I never used Thunderstore that is not a potential problem for me.

Yes, the toolchain is for creating mods.
I just tried a full uninstall and re-install, still doesn’t work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My game started working when I removed the 'Cities Skylines II' folder from c:\users\<user>\appdata\local low and started the game again.

I still had to fiddle some load orders in the playset to get all of the mods to show/work.

Reactions:
I have no issue. I've used mods with thunderstore from the begging, also today tested loading thundestore and the mods and some mods still works (Legacy flavour, info loom, extended tooltip, let pet stay at home). Other mods doesn't work at all (extended road option or extra surfaces for example), game load and closes. Also with image overlay* activated, there exist conflicts with Goose and the button that crates.

One thing that some minutes ago happen it's that Zoning Tool just updated. It didn't ask to restart. Then loaded a save and no mod was loaded at all. So, closed the game, opened it again, and everything was working.

I have the paradox mods web working, try it and may be some problem solves. Also, the game checks the mods online every time you open the game.

The ide an the other stuff only is needed to create code modes. Don't install this if you don't code. Probably all this stuff is pretty heavy. Don't waste storage space.

If you can, check the logs created when the game loads.

*edit: I've just see the thread of image overlay and apparently there is a problem with the mod not related with Goose or thunderstore. It's being investigated.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
My game started working when I removed the 'Cities Skylines II' folder from c:\users\<user>\appdata\local low and started the game again.

I still had to fiddle some load orders in the playset to get all of the mods to show/work.
This worked for me! Although I just kept the saves and maps folder and deleted the rest now it works. Thanks so much!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I have installed and uninstalled. Switched it to another drive. Thunderstore has been gone from the start. It will not load with mods. This is why I stopped playing LSPDFR on GTA 5 was because of this crap. I think I am about done with this game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have installed and uninstalled. Switched it to another drive. Thunderstore has been gone from the start. It will not load with mods. This is why I stopped playing LSPDFR on GTA 5 was because of this crap. I think I am about done with this game.
Have you tried deleting everything except your saves and maps from the Cities Skylines II folder in c:\users\<user>\appdata\locallow then ensuring the playset is active again?