Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After years of avoiding Prix-controlled systems, it feels good to see their worlds falling like dominoes, one after another. We are still behind them in tech, but the tech disadvantage makes less and less difference each year, as our ships and fighters become more capable, and our crews more experienced.

Several of the ships crews have reached 100% efficiency.

Wasn't there another prix infested system right next to Eridani 82 ? A jump away from Gliese 229? "Kapteyns Star" if I can read the map correctly..

It gets my vote, it's the exact same situation as before, just like Eridani 82, it's quite close to our home system.

First we'll wipe the Prix presence off those three Prix-occupied worlds in the 82 Eridani system, then I suppose we should just hit the next nearest Prix-controlled system... Kapteyn's Star is only two jumps from 82 Eridani.

Good to see my strategic view in line with Lord Emu's own tought :D

Now we are just waiting for year-end, when the Heros come off the ways. We need them, to jump the Constellations in and out of contested systems.

That will be in six more weeks.

After years of avoiding Prix-controlled systems, it feels good to see their worlds falling like dominoes, one after another. We are still behind them in tech, but the tech disadvantage makes less and less difference each year, as our ships and fighters become more capable, and our crews more experienced.

Several of the ships crews have reached 100% efficiency.

Annihilate Prix should be your priority.

Any intel on the Belizard scout? Speed, size, thermal? Something that would give us insight into what tech-level they are?

Any intel on the Belizard scout? Speed, size, thermal? Something that would give us insight into what tech-level they are?

TCS 55, Displacement 2750 tons, thermal 180, speed 3272 kps. It orbited my colony planet for a few days, then moved off and orbited a moon, then moved off toward other system bodies. Obviously a Geo-scout.

FYI our own multi-role Geo/Grav scouts are 4200 tons and move at 6000 kps.

Now we are just waiting for year-end, when the Heros come off the ways. We need them, to jump the Constellations in and out of contested systems.

That will be in six more weeks.

I would like to have Agamemnon with all connotations it implies (I`m sure you were thinking about assigning me to it anyway), just please please dont ever send me home.

Have any more jump gates been constructed by the Charlies or any of the other alien races?

Do we have any information on any of our allies regarding their military capabilities?

Edit: How does their ship activity in known space look? (If we have access to such info)

Have any more jump gates been constructed by the Charlies or any of the other alien races?

Do we have any information on any of our allies regarding their military capabilities?

Edit: How does their ship activity in known space look? (If we have access to such info)

1) Not sure. We've been building craploads of gates, to connect up all of our colonies so that our Freighters (which have no jump drives) and civilian ships can reach them all.

2) Not really, although they've certainly got lots of ships, including some with very faint signatures (fighters?).

3) Confusing.

I would like to have Agamemnon with all connotations it implies (I`m sure you were thinking about assigning me to it anyway), just please please dont ever send me home.

Vice Admiral Edzako is assigned to command the Hero class Battlecruiser ESN Agamemnon.

Vice Admiral Autonomous is assigned to command the Hero class Battlecruiser ESN Ajax.

Rear Admiral Billy Bob is assigned to command the Hero class Battlecruiser ESN Bryant.

Commodore Avernite is promoted to Captain and assigned to command the Hero class Battlecruiser ESN Achilles.

Captain Trajan is assigned to command the Battle class Heavy Cruiser ESN Medway (currently refitting to Battle-II standards).

Commodore Kiwi Rackham is assigned to command the Battle-II class Heavy Cruiser ESN Agincourt.

Captain Velko is assigned to command the Admiral-II class Command Cruiser ESN John Paul Jones.

Captain Seli is assigned to command the Admiral-II class Command Cruiser ESN Nelson.

Captain TheExecuter is assigned to command the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Paranoid.

Captain Guillaume HJ II is assigned to command the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Suspicious.

Lt-Commander Moogel is promoted to Captain and assigned to command the Star-II class Destroyer ESN Polaris.

Lt-Commander Arilou is promoted to Captain and assigned to command the Star-II class Destroyer ESN Sirius.

Lt-Commander PB-DK is promoted to Captain and assigned to command the Reptile class Mine-Layer ESN Iguana.

Lt-Commander JMJ is promoted to Captain and assigned to command the Reptile class Mine-Layer ESN Komodo.

Commodore Avernite is promoted to Captain and assigned to command the Hero class Battlecruiser ESN Achilles.

Isn't this a demotion?

blue emu said:
Captain Trajan is assigned to command the Battle class Heavy Cruiser ESN Medway (currently refitting to Battle-II standards).

Thank you, great blue overlord. I will continue to serve the Emu to the best of my ability.

Isn't this a demotion?

If so, I will scream and yell and ram my battlecruiser into the nearest constellation until I get my rank back!

If not, jay for a bigger ship! I do feel kind of weird among all these admirals.

Captain Guillaume HJ II is assigned to command the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Suspicious.

All in the Great Avian's service!

(Also, my own game just gave me a system with a class-1.22 and a class-0 next to one another. I'm sending in most of every ship I have to immediately make my claim there known. EDIT: And the class 0 has 9-digit quantities of Duranium, rate 1, no traces of alien or precursor presence on either. Hell yeah!)

Last edited:
Actually, that should have been the other way around... "Captain Avernite promoted to Commodore and assigned..."

Actually, that should have been the other way around... "Captain Avernite promoted to Commodore and assigned..."

With the Heroes ready, how much time until the battlefleet steams on to further victories? :)

GODDAM IT!

I would like to be assigned to a beam cruiser like the Velkinator but I know I'm annoying cause I just asked to be a marine.

Please? <3

GODDAM IT!

I would like to be assigned to a beam cruiser like the Velkinator but I know I'm annoying cause I just asked to be a marine.

Please? <3

The Heavy Cruiser ESN Jutland is due to be launched in seven days. One of the Light Cruiser Captains will move up to it. One of the Destroyer Captains will move up to the Light Cruiser. The third Mine-Layer Captain will move up to the Destroyer (the other two moved up today). You can have the Mine-Layer. It's a step towards a bigger, faster ship.

With the Heroes ready, how much time until the battlefleet steams on to further victories? :)

We're just waiting for those slackers in the 820th Marines to arrive and join the Task Force. Shouldn't be long.

I still feel not quite at home among all these admirals :p