• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel so warm and fuzzy, this is amazing.

I'm completely puzzled though as to how the OP is reading/posting on the forum. Text-to-speech? Help from an aide? :)

I'm completely puzzled though as to how the OP is reading/posting on the forum. Text-to-speech? Help from an aide? :)

There are Braille-Keyboards around ^^

The upper part is just a normal keyboard, but of course with braille-letters on it.
(doesn't even have to be this way, ever noticed the little bumbs on the keys for F and J? that's all a blind (or normal) person needs if he memorizes the key pattern)
And the lower part is a mechanical line of..., let's call it a braille printer machine =P (little bits coming out and forming the letters)

cover0317-braillekeyboard.jpg

Let us decide this :D
I think that many people here are able to watch an handsoff game of VicII and still have fun (including me), so i think we´re not that easily bored. ;)
I'm not so sure ,listening to a guy telling a lot of details that can simply be seen doesn't sound so fun to me. :p

I feel so warm and fuzzy, this is amazing.

I only know of the audioreader ,as for the keyboard ,it is probably with braille as OsirisDeath remarked.

this sounds awe inspiringly awesome, hopefully more will come to try this, i would love to help out :)

Niall might also consider subscribing to some live streams on Twitch or elsewhere. Since they have a chat feature some questions could be answered about what is going on in the game as it is played. While this is not as interactive or informative as using a partner to play it might be an option for when schedules do not match up.

So me and niall both have holidays now and some more time to play. We continued as castille and are now spain since we took the last Aragonese province, Valencia, on the mainland.
With the new expansion we had now Castilian Brazil as colony and later in the game we acquired Hispaniola aka Spanish Caribbean since we decided to go for the islands for their big impact on trade.
We have severly used the inca and aztecs as ducatpinata. Grabbing about 5000 ducats in the proces which we used to pay back loans and invest in our fleet.
Our trade ideas are fully completed and due to our colonial investments and trade fleet we are comfortably expanding and making enough money.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224680429

Our trade strategy is collecting trade in Seville + Caribbean. Steering trade from Mauretania to the Carribean and collect there. While from Genoa and Western Europe trade is steered to Seville. We have even outtraded France. And we take great joy in this ^^ We might not beat them in a landwar just yet ,but on the sea our rule is unsurpassed and will certainly prove helpfull in keeping them tamed.

After we got out of two wars with the inca and aztecs ,we subjected the inca to become a protectorate and will make the aztecs obey as well in the next session.
Our technology is fairly decent ,we are on par with France with the exception of diplotech. But we bought a lvl3 diplo advisor to catch up with them.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224679277

Our empire:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224682311

:)

Keep going!

I've been away from Paradox during the fall and just stumbled over this thread. This to me illustrates exactly what is so great about the Paradox community - great read, so glad you were able to find a way to enjoy our games!

Kind regards
Susana

Wow, just found this thread. If you'd be interested in playing over skype, just send me a PM (in my inbox), or just write here, and I'll send you my skype name. I've made tutorials for EU3, Victoria 2 and a bit of EU4, so I'm used to explaining the game to people (I've done it a lot).

Anyway let me know if you'd be interested.

My girlfriend's deaf, and she loves EU4. Granted, having no hearing is less of a problem than having no sight, but sometimes it is difficult to remember that there's a diplomacy notification banner at the top of the screen when there's no sound and you're distracted by moving troops around. There's also the problem of on-screen chat messages being hidden by the diplomacy/nation window.

Still, she loves the game and ain't nothing gonna stop her from conquering the world.

I'm not sure what burny and nail's schedules are like, but if you're ever free on the weekends, I highly recommend popping into the reddit /r/paradoxplaza teamspeak. We're always hosting grand strategy multiplayer games (in fact, a large ranked Vic2 game is scheduled for Saturday).

I know myself, and I'm sure many of the other regulars on Teamspeak would love to have you on sometime! I imagine playing a multiplayer game could prove a bit difficult, but I'm sure nail would love to hear the perspective of what's happening with multiple countries instead of only Castile

hey everybody. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been pleasantly surprised at how much attention this thread has been getting. Our game of EU4 has certainly been exciting lately, and I'm slowly starting to get a feel for how it's played. As I am off for the next two months, I will have more time overall to game, so if anybody's up for it feel free to send me a pm and we can get connected over Skype. We don't need to do anything elaborate, I am more than happy to just listen in as you play whatever game strikes your fancy. I'll keep looking for other blind people who might be interested as well, but I don't as yet know of any who are into historical grand strategy. Also I installed teamspeak, which seems to be a little tricky for blind people to use, but I'm getting used to it. If someone could give me the server name and password I'll certainly drop by and hang out.

Hi all,
so to introduce myself I am a completely blind gamer who has always been fascinated with historical grand strategy games, but has never been able to play them. Unfortunately it appears that adapting even a relatively simple game in this genre would be far too much work for a very small reward. So I'm wondering if anyone might be interested in helping me play one of paradox's grand strategy titles such as EU4 or Victoria 2 collaboratively over Skype. The details of this would need to be figured out later, as I understand that it would not be easy, but it would be boiled down to the two of us discussing the goings on in the game and making decisions accordingly. Watching lets plays and reading AARs is great, but I often have trouble understanding what's going on and would enjoy a sense of agency as well as a real understanding of how the game works. So if someone is interested, please send me a personal message and I'll give you my Skype contact info. Anyways, thanks for your consideration and happy gaming.

I found HOI3 in April 2013 and downloaded the demo and didn't half understand how to control units and why as Germany on one side I rocked and on the other side nothing happened (didn't know about Maginot at the time) and I searched and searched for a tutorial. It was for FTM (later useful because when I bought the full game it was Collection) and I managed to figure things out and managed to demo as UK with something to do besides attacking Ireland.
Vicky 2's another story. I will look for a tutorial later to finally figure out why (I have vanilla for now) I can't win against France as UK and why I can't win against UK as France and why AI seems to be able to infinite build units while I am stuck with like 20

In the meantime we conquered some more and with the arrival of the new patch we are comfortably making +20 ducats with 4 colonies in full development.
We islandhopped to indonesia and annexed majahapit. They gave some rebel issues ,but with 18 regiments present in Indonesia they have no chance to resist... the fact that they revolted and wiped out 8 regiments + almost became independent (98%) is in the past. Let us not dwindle on that... :p
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235712824
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235713487

Some oddities:
1. We called for a crusade on aceh ,but didnt get any cb? Is it because the year is post 1600 ?
2. GB called to arms which we accepted ,but the war didnt trigger.

EDIT : Almost forgot ,but thx to the nice folks at PDS ,niall has now several maps for blind people making his experience a lot more pleasant. ^^

I met Burny at the Paradox Fan Gathering back in August.

Real life commitments apparently put a temporary halt to the gaming. But hopefully they will get back at it soon. Art of War release today. Maybe that will make them play :)

I met Burny at the Paradox Fan Gathering back in August.

Real life commitments apparently put a temporary halt to the gaming. But hopefully they will get back at it soon. Art of War release today. Maybe that will make them play :)

And many beers were had!

It is now a very cherished memory.

Yea, both of us are quite busy at uni. He still does asian politics/japanese with lots of papers and im busy doing engineering informatics. Though with art of war upon us ,we shall redo a new campaign. Ill make a different thread around here if thats ok for pds guys? :)

How is Lua btw? ^^

Last edited: