• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow this is really cool. In fact, I don't see why those of us with full sight can't do something like this with each other as well, talking across phone/internet with one controlling the game and one 'blinded' from what's happening on screen but making decisions. I know there is regular multiplayer but its not the same when you are doing co-op with direct vocal communication.

Last edited:
great stuff going on -
I alyo enjoyed very much to play the game tandem...
with my father though, who isn't blind or anything.
But he also has a good understanding and an interesst for such strategygames while never playing them himself. So I tell him about the mechanics and the situation and togethet we choose how to continue.
This is surprisingly more fun than playing alone!

Good luck to you guys :)

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen ,but please don't flatter me too much. It is fun to chat with the guy so I am profiting from his awesome personality while discussing strategy... see I am a regular guy! :D :p
We might possibly play tomorrow ,i'll be sure to post something if we do . :)

We have expanded our colonial empire quite much . Due to some events that gave us extra settlers per year we are growing immensly fast + we took 4 provinces from Mali.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/burny26/screenshot/903266955266879716

Our economy unfortunately hasn't. We are losing 6 ducats each month ,and tbh I have no idea what is causing this. We were running fine for a long while making a +2 ducat surplus each month,even though with all the same advisors ,stability , army maintenance , amount of colonies... it switched to running a deficit.

We spammed some trade buildings in iberia to boost trade and built some trade buildings in our colonies ,but still not much of an effect...
Traderoute map:
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/903266955267000790/1BAB05CEE53ADC7E343B897F63AD357B07093DA0/
Any suggestions?

How is the tradepower of nations in the Sevilla-Node atm?
Maybe another Nation send a big fleet to protect trade there and you lost som % on that node.
My Tips:
- More Light Ships to protect Trade
- split them up in several fleets to protect trade along you route Afriac/SA -> Sevilla
- get one of the trading ideas, to help you out (especially to get more traders)
- aim for 40-70% power in each important node along your route (if you get higher with less ships, thats even better. but sending a vast amount of ships to heavy crowded ones, will not work, the value suffers from diminishing returns)
- and as stated above: if you are in peace time (and do not expect rebels), set your army maintenance low, that will save a ton of ducats

There is a bazillion ducats to get in the Sevilla node, so go get it =)

hopefully that will help a bit
otherwise look for a little trade tutorial in the forums, they will help out a lot too =D

This is such an awesome thread, I'm glad both of you are enjoying playing together and having a great time. I really hope more people end up coming forward if they also want to play Paradox games but can't for similar reasons. I really like the idea of a group dedicated to matching up people with game partners.

And she is STILL your gf? :eek: :D
you apparently hit the jackpot ,mine would just turn her eyes :p

I asked him and he told me that in his childhood he had seen/felt maps for the blind but now are nowhere to be found.

I've found a few things from searching online, and saw a couple of maps like that on ebay. I believe they're called tactile maps. I've only searched very briefly but I can do some more research if you like. I believe companies that sell educational materials might have them, in case schools want them for their classrooms.

How is the tradepower of nations in the Sevilla-Node atm?
Maybe another Nation send a big fleet to protect trade there and you lost som % on that node.
My Tips:
- More Light Ships to protect Trade
- split them up in several fleets to protect trade along you route Afriac/SA -> Sevilla
- get one of the trading ideas, to help you out (especially to get more traders)
- aim for 40-70% power in each important node along your route (if you get higher with less ships, thats even better. but sending a vast amount of ships to heavy crowded ones, will not work, the value suffers from diminishing returns)
- and as stated above: if you are in peace time (and do not expect rebels), set your army maintenance low, that will save a ton of ducats

There is a bazillion ducats to get in the Sevilla node, so go get it =)

hopefully that will help a bit
otherwise look for a little trade tutorial in the forums, they will help out a lot too =D

Thx we will test it out the moment we play a session again :)

Faith in humanity restored. Kudos to burny26!
:blush:
This is such an awesome thread, I'm glad both of you are enjoying playing together and having a great time. I really hope more people end up coming forward if they also want to play Paradox games but can't for similar reasons. I really like the idea of a group dedicated to matching up people with game partners.

I've found a few things from searching online, and saw a couple of maps like that on ebay. I believe they're called tactile maps. I've only searched very briefly but I can do some more research if you like. I believe companies that sell educational materials might have them, in case schools want them for their classrooms.

Well Paradox beat you to it ,they will try to find one and post it to niall in japan :p

All hail the kind hearted people at PDS

WhiteCatBowing.jpg