• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How did the cores transfer? Because I don't see any way errant cores could help Hungary, but Byzantium might have a second rejuvenation if enough easy expansion is in its future.

The converter seems to have transferred all the cores from EU3 to appropriate provinces...which means Byzantium still has core on practically everything from the Balkans to India. So it may well be able to re-establish itself if it can avoid too many damaging wars with the west.

I think the converter bases literacy rates on the pop type and sliders and the tech level has little or no impact judging by the results. The good literacy will help them catch up but they are still a long way back. But as we shall see the Chinese states have decent literacy and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them emerge as the #1 world power if they westernize early.

Since I brought up, China, let's have a closer look at the situation in Asia in 1836:

East Asia in 1836

Southeast Asia in 1836

Southwest Asia in 1836

Notable Asian Nations:

SIBIR

Rule: Conservative, Favors Order

Allies: Hungary, Leinster, Ming, Kazakh
Puppets: Kazakh

Provinces:92
Population: 7.39 million
Workers: 55% Farmers, 30% Laborers, 5% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 1% Soldiers, 1% Aristocrats, 1% Clergymen, 3% Other

Leadership: 23
Brigades: 7
Ships: 5

Technologies: 21
Factories: 0
Literacy: 38%

When Otto Von Rheinfelden granted a young Prussian nobleman from Chelyabinsk the Duchy of Perm, he had no idea he was planting the seed for an Empire that would span the breadth of Asia. Sibir still has holdings in the West and its rulers were often chosen Holy Roman Emperor, but the heart of its empire is the vast, sparsely populated lands of Siberia.

WU

Allies: Burma, Manchu

Provinces: 82
Population: 229.27 million
Workers: 65% Farmers, 18% Laborers, 5% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 2% Aristocrats, 1% Soldiers, 5% Other

Leadership: 10
Brigades: 13
Ships: 37

Literacy: 29%

The youngest of the world’s major powers, Wu was born from a widespread revolt in southern China during the early 18th century. With the largest population of any nation on earth, its potential is vast.

MING

Rule: Liberal, Favors Order

Provinces: 50
Population: 200.55 million

Allies: Bastar, Burma, Korea, Sibir

Workers: 58% Farmers, 24% Laborers, 6% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 1% Soldiers, 1% Aristocrats, 6% Other

Leadership: 8
Brigades: 10
Ships: 17

Literacy: 38%

Inheritors of a tradition stretching back thousands of years, it had enjoyed centuries of peace before the Wu revolt of the 18th century. Now with progressive-minded leadership, it hopes to harness its vast resources to compete both with its southern rival and the threat posed by European nations such as England and Denmark.

VIJAYANAGAR

Provinces: 95
Population: 72.05 million

Allies: Dai Nam, Yaroslavl, Lan Na, Lan Xang, Manchu

Workers: 82% Farmers, 6% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 2% Laborers, 2% Aristocrats, 1% Soldiers, 3% Other

Leadership: 46
Brigades: 22
Ships: 2

Literacy: 23%

Firmly in control of southern India by the 15th century, Vijayanagar turned overseas in search of new opportunities, seizing lands in East Africa, Indochina and even Korea. Unafraid to tangle with the more advanced Western powers, it has won wars against Byzantium in the west and thus far succeeded in preventing the Europeans from gaining a foothold in the subcontinent.

BASTAR

Allies: Korea, Ming

Provinces: 46
Population: 67.71 million
Workers: 72% Farmers, 12% Laborers, 5% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 2% Aristocrats, 5% Other

Leadership: 26
Brigades: 9
Ships: 6

Formerly known as Bihar, Bastar asserted control over the north of India during the 16th century. Like its bitter rival Vijayanagar, it subsequently expanded out of the subcontinent, gaining lands in Tibet and Indochina.

JAPAN

Rule: Reactionary, Favors Order

Provinces: 33
Population: 30.62 million
Workers: 73% Farmers, 13% Laborers, 4% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 1% Aristocrats, 1% Soldiers, 4% Other

Leadership: 0
Brigades: 7
Ships: 23

Literacy: 32%

After centuries of weak Imperial authority, Japan has centralized during the Long Peace. Though its leadership remains conservative, Japan has a large and relatively well-educated population.

MANCHU

Rule: Liberal, Favors Order

Allies: Vijayanagar, Wu

Provinces: 15
Population: 13.84 million
Workers: 83% Laborers, 4% Farmers, 4% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 1% Soldiers, 4% other

Leadership: 37
Brigades: 6
Ships: 7

Literacy: 31%

Traditionally viewed as the least ‘civilized’ of the Chinese states, Manchu expanded westward into central Asia in the late 15th century. However, it has struggled to hold its own against the technologically advanced Sibirian armies that have arrived in these frigid northern lands over the past century.

MALACCA

Rule: Conservative, Order

Allies: Atjeh, Mali, Kanem Bornu, Majapahit

Provinces: 45
Population: 8.25 million
Workers: 68% Farmers, 14% Laborers, 7% Artisans, 4% Slaves, 2% Aristocrats, 1% Clergyman, 4% Other

Leadership: 31
Brigades: 3
Ships: 21

Using the wealth it derived from its strategic position for trade between India and China, Malacca established itself as the most important nation in southeast Asia. By the 17th century, it was able to plan adventures farther afield, and conquered Mutapa, but like the rest of the Asian states it has watched warily as the Europeans have expanded their activities over the past century.

It's back! Well done magritte. I'm very interested to see how this goes. Go Byz, hope they clean up some of the map.
Can you show us a map of the Americas? Last I remember it was a mess.

God seeing Peru in most of Hokkaido made me laugh. Subbed!

So hoping for the Byzantine renaissance.

One of the awesomest AARs i've ever seen is back! I'm lad you got the converter working again, it may be an ugly world now but I have a feeling it'll get real cleaned up in a couple decades of brutal war!

Long live Byzantium!

Byzantium at the top with a literacy rate of 50% is a bit of a surprise. Frankfurt at 46% and Austria at 45% seems more natural, but then follows Hungary at 42%. Going to be fun seeing how that will stabilise.

Are the minor states in Anatolia still protected in some way?

Last edited:
Thanks magritte2, for providing this awesomeness.

What about "Favors order"? All of the countries seem to favor order. I don't quite understand the mechanics.

This is very awesome! Conversion games rule. I'm currently in one MP game which converts also from CK2 to EU3 to V2 (and beyond) but we're all blobbed :D

@Willum, most of the Greek minors aren't protected as of Jan 1, 1836, with the exception of Achaea, which is sphered by Hungary. It appears that guarantees weren't used by the converter.

@757xx, order is just the national value for all those countries, presumably because of their governments and sliders. There are a few nations that favor liberty or equality, but all the major ones favor order.

@DC123456789, I will probably do culture maps on an ad hoc basis as they become important in particular regions. Hungary does have a variety of Greek, German and Russian minorities in its lands, so it could have some issues

@sceluk, I do plan to provide details on Africa and the Americas before going into the AAR proper. If anybody's counting they might have noticed there are still two secondary powers to account for.

Subbed.

Who does Frankfurt need to sphere to become Germany?