• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's one hell of a doomstack in Kiel :blink:
It's scaring the crap out of me..

Let's hope Italy doesn't get invaded!
Next chapter will have a screenshot of that front. Italy has a pretty good defensive line set up.. as do the French.

Do the British have a massive fleet with that last invasion? If not you can probably bag them and prevent escape. Wittle the Royal Navy down one fleet at a time. With 4 battleships at your disposal that shouldn't be much of a problem.
I always think it's very annoying how easy the Low Countries join the Allies on their own accord. It makes sense with the threat and all, and Belgium and Luxembourg have the WW1 experience to back it up with, but the Netherlands certainly shouldn't. Not when Germany behaves more or less historically.
Still, excellent operation against the Netherlands, nice pocket in Fortress Holland.

The British had at least 4 BBs and two carriers in there. Plus a whole bunch of screens. I only had the Bismarck fleet. I can't move the rest of my fleet into the Balts at the moment because the Brits are blocking the strait. I do have the Bismarck, 6 DDs en 2 subs in there, but that's all.

Luxembourg is still at peace. It proved to be a nice buffer between the French and the Belgian front and left me with one less flank to cover. I'll take them when France has fallen.

Will be following this :)
Thanks! :)

Chapter 7 1 October 1939 – 14 October 1939

Chapter 7
1 October 1939 – 14 October 1939

The cavalry and motorised divisions in Denmark get trapped in Frederikshavn and surrender after a short battle. Not a big loss since they were under strength rebel stompers, but a still a loss.

The Italian front hasn’t moved since they honored my call to arms. I haven’t even seen any fighting there. There are however a lot of units in those 4 provinces. Units which aren’t fighting me at the moment. There’s even a few armor brigades in there.

y6Pn76p.png

The British try their luck at another landing. This time it’s Flensburg. I had just moved fresh troops in to keep the guys at Kiel at bay when they attacked, so it wasn’t a really hard battle.

The Bismarck managed to intercept the attacking fleet, sinking a few transports and destroyers and damaging a few more. Nothing too fancy, but I’ll take any sea victory I can get. In the end the Bismarck fleet took quite a few hits and is in need of some repairs. I’d love to move them to one of the German bases, but the British are blocking the strait.

QMW7kTL.png

We take Bruxelles on the 9th and Belgium with it. The Russians take the Baltic States.

Of4r5zV.png

Meanwhile, we’re still attacking Kiel. It’s a grind and it doesn’t seem that we’ll win any time soon, but those British troops are stuck there for the duration of this battle. The Brits lost at least 3 divisions in that battle already, maybe more.

FXY36Q3.png

Last edited:
Fighting on 2 fronts... I'm afraid unless you beat the Brits quickly, that you might get stopped at the gates of Paris. Although the fench are being stupid putting so many units on the Italian border.

Fighting on 2 fronts... I'm afraid unless you beat the Brits quickly, that you might get stopped at the gates of Paris. Although the fench are being stupid putting so many units on the Italian border.

The battle in Denmark is only using the marines which I wanted to use in Sweden before the Brits sunk my transports, and some divisions from the Soviet front, so the French front is only suffering from a little lack of attention. Nevertheless, I'm still on course for Paris. I'm not worried anymore now that the British invasion is pretty much contained in Kiel.

You are probably right about the French AI, I'm not sure they really -need- all those defenses against the Italians.

Will post update later today.

Last edited:
Chapter 8 15 October 1939 – 31 October 1939

Chapter 8
15 October 1939 – 31 October 1939

On the 15th there are 57 brigades remaining in Kiel.
We lose our 1st assault, but we immediatly renew the attack with fresh units. The British have more than 150000 troops in that one port. It would be a massive victory if we could take those divisions from the battlefield.

ESooFjw.png

We force a breakthrough at the coast of France. The road to Paris isn’t open yet, but the front is moving.

akjsNLN.png

On the 18th, the British win the battle of Plön. Some quick reshuffling brings new divisions to that province and prevents the Brits from breaking out.

3Jb52tT.png

On the French front we win and lose some battles. Both sides take heavy losses but we manage to retain the momentum.

OVCCbxu.png

We lose the 2nd assault on Kiel and renew the attack again with fresh divisions. The British have lost a lot of troops and I’m not giving them the time to re-organize or reinforce.
The battle for Kiel is won on the 25th. We’ve lost another 4000 troops, but it seems that the British lost at least 100000 men. There was a French division in there somewhere, but it was expeditionary, so I’m not sure how that is counted in the stats.

nC0vPnc.png

With that battle done I can focus on the French again. This is the front as of October 31st.

Q0lGpmT.png

Last edited:
How many unites do you have in each province of th French front? Since it looks (but I might be wrong) that the French forces are not totally broken.

How many unites do you have in each province of th French front? Since it looks (but I might be wrong) that the French forces are not totally broken.

Most of my front has reached a river crossing here, so it's not going as fast as it was before. I'm still gaining ground, though. I have between 4 and 8 units per province apart from the coast where 3 units are divided over 2 provinces. The French units there are almost broken and the rest is just HQ's, so that shouldn't be a problem. The French have as little as 1 unit in some provinces, but 8 or 9 in the ones near Luxembourg and the Maginot.

Another massive British invasion that gets stomped early in the war. It's a shame really that the AI can't make better use of those troops. Like in France maybe?...
Still, good job taking them down and smashing into France at the same time.

One last thing: wouldn't it have been a better idea to just set the conquer wargoal against the Netherlands and Belgium? You would've occupied instead of annexed the land, allowing you to supress the revoltrisk with GAR or MP and setting occupation policies. Just wondering here.

Most of my front has reached a river crossing here, so it's not going as fast as it was before. I'm still gaining ground, though. I have between 4 and 8 units per province apart from the coast where 3 units are divided over 2 provinces. The French units there are almost broken and the rest is just HQ's, so that shouldn't be a problem. The French have as little as 1 unit in some provinces, but 8 or 9 in the ones near Luxembourg and the Maginot.
oh then you are indeed okay I suppose :p

Another massive British invasion that gets stomped early in the war. It's a shame really that the AI can't make better use of those troops. Like in France maybe?...
Still, good job taking them down and smashing into France at the same time.

One last thing: wouldn't it have been a better idea to just set the conquer wargoal against the Netherlands and Belgium? You would've occupied instead of annexed the land, allowing you to supress the revoltrisk with GAR or MP and setting occupation policies. Just wondering here.

Yeah, if the Brits used those troops in France or The Netherlands, I would have had a hard time getting through them. I got pretty lucky in Denmark though, as the British didn't really expand. All the territory that I lost in Denmark was lost to one motorized division.

I wanted to actually own the territory :ninja: Besides, I already have GAR in queue for every western port and some other key cities, plus a few CAV and MPs. It shouldn't be a problem. I hope I won't miss those units when Barbarossa rolls around.

oh then you are indeed okay I suppose :p
I'm not worried about France :laugh: It's the Russians I'm worried about.

On the other hand, he doesn't take attrition and supply throughput penalties there. It's obviously more worth it in the long run though ;)

Chapter 9 1 November 1939 – 14 November 1939

I got lucky as my street had a power outage last night, but nothing was lost. Thank God for the autosave function of HOI3 and Word!:ninja:

Chapter 9
1 November 1939 – 14 November 1939

We reach Paris on the 5th. The SS and panzer divisions have met some stronger resistance and are thus lagging behind a bit. Nevertheless, we should be able to surround Paris soon and end the battle for France.

byWmHiJ.png

Eventhough they lost big time in Denmark, the last remnants of the British invasion are still holding on. Those troops on the peninsula are easy enough to capture, but that marine division will be pushed back in a few hours and that still leaves the British with Copenhagen. Something needs te be done, but with a fleet that is still blocked and only a few marines, it’ll be a tough fight.

ceZs5wA.png

The 6th gives us a victory in Reims despite heavy losses. Some of the battles were hardfought and it’s very satisfying to be making progres. The amount of losses is somewhat distressing though.

KtqX1uZ.png

Then, on the 11th, the French abandon the Magingot! We immediatly attack and attempt to encircle the remaing fortifications. Meanwhile, some mountenaineers head south to capture the VPs and, hopefully, atleast one port.

njUkmCD.png

We also start surrounding Paris with our first troops reaching Versailles. It’s only a matter of time now before the French will surrender.

FC9oMXz.png

Last edited:
Well, France is doomed now, that's for sure.
But how bad is the casalty situation? How much manpower and IC is requested for reinforcements?

Well, France is doomed now, that's for sure.
But how bad is the casalty situation? How much manpower and IC is requested for reinforcements?

I'm a bit ahead in game already so I had to check back. On 2 December 1939 I had 982 MP. The reinforcement need is about 7,50. That's also because I keep adding newly recruited divisions. As those are all reserves, they need some manpower to get up to strength.

I'm a bit ahead in game already so I had to check back. On 2 December 1939 I had 982 MP. The reinforcement need is about 7,50. That's also because I keep adding newly recruited divisions. As those are all reserves, they need some manpower to get up to strength.

Ow, that's not too bad I guess. With the heavy fighting you mentioned I was afraid there would be more. Good to know:)

Chapter 10 15 November 1939 – 30 November 1939

Chapter 10
15 November 1939 – 30 November 1939

The French have reacted to my invasion by moving troops from the Italian border. It’s still a sitzkrieg down there. Nothing has happened since the outbreak of the war.

2JOwPeN.png

There’s only one province left before we trap the last garrisons of the Maginot. Nothing too fancy, but it’s still nice to take those units out of the equation.

qwEJkf8.png

Meanwhile, the rest of the front keeps moving. The front just in front of Paris has halted since it surrounded the city. I don’t want to risk any troops here so I order my divisions to dig in and build a protective barrier between Paris and the remaining French defenders. The coast is still in full swing though, just like the front along the Alps.

0Ci2Kcp.png

Paris is surrounded and one armor division tries to break out. I decide to attack while that armor is busy attacking me. It continues to attack for a while, granting me the multiple fights bonus. The rest of the French defenders are being attacked from five directions. It’s not a matter of if, but when Paris will fall.

BCJgbET.png

Last edited:
Chapter 11 1 December 1939 – 15 December 1939

Chapter 11
1 December 1939 – 15 December 1939

As our tanks roll into Paris, the Russians start the Winter War. Lets hope the Fins give em hell.

rfUfThi.png

There is still some cleaning up to do in Denmark. The Brits still control Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. We’ve retaken the first island and our now preparing to cross the strait to retake Copenhagen. 3 marine divisions are moving north to retake Frederikshavn.

pDr9fpk.png

The 13th has Great Britain conquering Ethiopia. The war in Africa has been rather uneventfull, with just some going back and forth on the British-Italian border.
The bombing of our industry seems to have stopped. For now. We took some heavy losses, with base IC dropping to 163. Rebuilding efforts took care of that and with our latest acquisitions our base IC is above 200 once again.
On the 14th, the Fins seem to have taken the initiative in the Winter War. With France fallen and Denmark about to be cleaned from British scum, a time of relative quiet arrives. I’ll attempt to take Sweden once Denmark falls again. It won’t be a quick fight without the possibility of landings, but I don’t foresee too many problems.

AbEqap7.png

Last edited:
Oh Stalin, what have you done attacking the Finns again...
And nice job knocking France out.