• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A shame about finland, but awesome pockets though!

I was distracted by the pockets, so it kinda sucks, but I'm glad it was only three divisions and not the full ten.

Don't be so optimistic about soviet manpower, at some % of their surrender score they'll receive 3500 MP

I know, that's why I said "but if progress is as fast as I’m hoping, it won’t be for long..", meaning it will soon go up because of the event :)

Still, with manpower that low, they must have built a pretty big army. I wonder how much those pockets will actually hurt.

The pocket near Hungary will hurt them immensely. That's like a corps per province that they have.

And remember, once you win a pocket, you can quickly bring up your forces before they have time to react to the situation.

Chapter 31
15 June 1942 – 30 June 1942

Only a small portion of the pocket in Hungary remains. I did another count from the battle reports and it seems that there were roughly 30 divisions trapped. That’s a big win and one I’ll probably need.

N430vtL.png

The Baltic pocket has been divided into two smaller pockets. There are roughly 25 divisions locked in there, plus a few HQ’s. The first pocket closes without much trouble. The Russians surrender and are removed from the battlefield. The second pocket puts up some fierce resistance. There are a few full strength units in there, probably some reserves, so they still have fight in them.

lEZyp7u.png

The southern pocket closes on the 21st, and frees up the troops to try and form a new, somewhat smaller pocket against the Hungarian and Romanian border. I’m hoping to trap another 5 to 10 divisions in there.

When its port falls to my panzers, the Russian pride has no choice but to face my battleships. The battle is short, but long enough to sink the October Revolution. It’s one more thing to add to the Russian headache.

xS3Yv4N.png

Two more pockets are forming: one in the centre near the great marsh, and one in the Far East where Japan has trapped a couple of divisions against the coast.

Russian losses are starting to count, but so are mine. The Russians got their 3500mp, so I’m going to need some nice encirclements to beat them. Let’s hope I can keep this up. I’ve now completely retreated from Finland, taking up positions on the Swedish border. There’s a line of forts and a river crossing which is hopefully enough to hold the enemy back.

fKVnTQL.png

The pocket near Hungary will hurt them immensely. That's like a corps per province that they have.

And remember, once you win a pocket, you can quickly bring up your forces before they have time to react to the situation.

I'll check back once I've won the war to see how many brigades they had before and after the pockets. I'm curious, but for now, let's hope it hurts bad! :rofl:

Chapter 32 1 July 1942 – 16 July 1942

Chapter 32
1 July 1942 – 16 July 1942

The Persians are getting pushed back. Their progress was pretty decent, but now the Russians have brought in some actual defenders and Persia is just not prepared for that. The Russians have also made an incursion into Iraq and that seemed to have triggered some sort of reaction from the Italians. That, or it’s another retarded move, just like the one they pulled in France.

1WQF3PQ.png

I managed to create another pocket against the Hungarian border. There are another 10 to 15 divisions locked in there, but it’s a tough pocket to keep closed, especially with the Romanians failing to pick up the slack. I’m hoping to close this pocket before the end of the month so I can use the tanks involved to bolster the attacks into the Ukrainian plains.

rFc9iyy.png

There haven’t been any new attacks up north as the divisions there needed to be reshuffled after the closing of the first pockets. I’m planning a new attack towards the lake in Estonia and a marine landing on the port up north. Meanwhile, supplies won’t be an issue the next few weeks. The Brits seem to have left something for me.

bF4Ynlq.png

Unfortunately the Soviets have their build queue filled with unusable junk like factories so if you have enough success they will never build a new division again, help them by deleting the least completed constructions.

Unfortunately the Soviets have their build queue filled with unusable junk like factories so if you have enough success they will never build a new division again, help them by deleting the least completed constructions.

From what my spies are telling me the Soviets have quite a bit of new divisions stacked up in their queue, so I doubt they'll need my help to be a challenge.

Chapter 33 17 July 1942 – 31 July 1942

Chapter 33
17 July 1942 – 31 July 1942

The pocket in Romania closes quickly and the Russians lose some 10 divisions in it. Meanwhile, the marines are landing in Narva trying to cut off the Russian retreat in the Baltic.

DseI6yL.png

The main push is starting on the 23rd. I have six corps involved in the push and another four in plugging holes and keeping defenders occupied. It takes quite a bit of effort to make the first push, but the Russians can’t hold back a three sided attack. The hole has been made and my tanks are ready to push through.

ymg85Up.png

Canada is attacking Bermuda. I have no garrison, so it’s not a fight, but it’s still a minor annoyance. I’ll have to take the island back when I focus my attention on the Americas.

One of the flanking moves in Latvia is having trouble getting through. The first wave loses the battle and we lose 8000 men to 2000 Russian casualties. I can’t have that happening too often, or I might get some manpower troubles.

zkAWj0G.png

The front towards Ukraine has seen some successes but it seems the Russians have brought in some reserves. Fighting is getting very tough in some places we are forced to fall back, leaving some troops in a situation which could turn very hairy, very soon.

ZEPBIVr.png

Last edited:
That last battle was very bloody, what happened there? Did you hit a province with bad terrain over a river or something? Cause that's massive. It was in Latvia you say, is it the river there?

That last battle was very bloody, what happened there? Did you hit a province with bad terrain over a river or something? Cause that's massive. It was in Latvia you say, is it the river there?
It's the province with my bomber on top in the screenshot. It's a forest province, but I was attacking with mountaineers, so it shouldn't have been such a big problem.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, University kinda slapped me in the face this semester, so I don't have the time I expected. I'll try and write an update this weekend, but expect updates to become a lot less frequent than they were during the summer.