• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thorian

Corporal
3 Badges
May 17, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
"Since 1908 the establishment of a sovereign Lebanese nation was imminent, but due to colonization by the Brits and French, the attempts to create said nation went unrecognized. At last, Lebanon triumphs over the French, controlling all of sovereign Lebanon and Palestine, creating a Secular, stably ruled nation!" - Isaiah Ajsha il'Saba, December 9th, 1923.
As
Isaiah stands on his balcony overlooking his nation, he cannot help but feel an overwhelming sense of national pride at what he managed to create from the ashes of French Colonial Syria. "From what rose, shall rise another". Isaiah was truly a man to be heard, but not talked to. He had the feel, and government power as if he was an absolute monarch. Though the nation technically did have a parliament, this was just a puppet to make his nation look good from the outside. What his nation really was, was to be found.

The date is August 4th, 1924.

"Isaac!" said Isaiah from his comfortable couch-seat.

"Yes, m'lord?"

"Bring me your finest wines, and maybe some meat."

"But m'lord, we currently have no meat in stock!"

*Annoyed Gesture*"Fine, bring me some fine wine."

"Will do sir."

From what looked on upon by other nations and the people inside Lebanon, it looked like an innocent Parlimentary republic. What it really was, was a militarily held dictatorship. Though the nation is said to be Secular, any Catholic, Eastern Orthodox or Shia believers are imprisoned for life or executed for disobeying state law. But what is the worst? Slavery is yet to be abolished. This is the last country to officially have Slavery as a legal practice. Legally. Any man or woman (to some extent) can order a slave, to be hand-picked by slave drivers from the prisoners. Yes, this means whites tend to serve blacks. Vacationing/touring here is heavily restricted. Lebanon has the 8th largest military in the world as of 1924, and this puts a strain on the economy, and the national resources.

Soon, my friends. Soon.

A very unique idea, I look forward to seeing how it goes!