• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks I already wondered what was wrong with the event. My initial thought was that they lacked the resources for it. Now I know I mixed the which and the value up.

Version 1.02 available now!

I've good news and bad news. The good news is that the next version is released, you can get it here.

The bad news is that I didn't receive any confirmation if I can include the Piratini Republic and Carlist War events, so they aren't included.

For the full chance log, see the first post of this thread.

Enjoy! And don't hesitate to post comments and suggestions!

Did you send a PM to OHgamer? I seriously doubt the VIP team would refuse to let you use the events they scripted.

Nice update btw!

Sleepyhead said:
Did you send a PM to OHgamer? I seriously doubt the VIP team would refuse to let you use the events they scripted.

Nice update btw!

Thanks!

Yes, I did. But I haven't heard anything back. So I rather wait. Although I already started converting them to fit in with this mod.

And on a slightly unrelated note, I discovered a bug. Not gamebreaking, just you won't see Liberia form. To slove this, paste this in the USA_USA.inc file
Code:
province = {
			id = 2155	#Monorovia
			claim = mission
			claimant = USA
			}

Wannabe, if you wish I can host your mod on my site. That way folks won't get bombarded by the popup adds from where it currently is. :D

Oh BTW I posted the VERY preliminary version of the new RoN mod on the forums.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

If you wish you can do so, I now have a better site as rapidshare, and I didn't get any complaints yet. But if you do, sent me the link and I can put it in my sig and in the first post.

Wannabe, I have been playing your mod and I must say your destruction of the Spanish empire is MUCH better. :D

Although I do have a couple of questions, I noticed for the Battle of New Orleans, you Penalize the Yanks for WINNING the battle and do not penalize the Brits? Why is that? First time I have ever seen someone LOSE prestige for winning a battle on their own land against an invader. :(

Also, for each indian cession you penalize the Yanks by -2 prestige. Since the US starts with 0 prestige by 1820 I was in negative prestige due to all the prestige hits. Don't you think you were a bit harsh on the prestige hits?

On the trail of tears Cherokee cession you forgot to include Chatanooga in Tennessee. :D Kind of funny seeing that lone Cherokee outpost in that sea of blue.

Mexico was the leader in prestige for some reason, they were at almost 400 prestige just after all those central american countries joined Mexico. I think you need one of those prestige reduction events for Mexico also. :)

I also see you went the route of Mexico gaining its independence without bloodshed and war with Spain, why was that?

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Wannabe Tatar said:
2) The Greek Rebellion for a human can be very easy to crush, but the AI seems to have difficulties with it. Perhaps an event around 1830 when Greece doesn't exist, but the greek rebellion event has fired the big powers force the Ottomans to release Greece. IIRC one of the most important reasons they became independent was through diplomatic means. Also there isn't an event yet which will put Russia and the Ottomans to war in 1828-1829, I think if they will go to war it will be more difficult to hold on to Greece.

The Greek revolt was not that problematic for the Ottomans... The first uprising actually took place in Romania... Greek elites attempted to re-establish Byzantium....
Greek independence was won through European intervention...

The Ottoman Empire... should be an uncivilised nation until 1826 and the over through of the Janessaries....

Although I do have a couple of questions, I noticed for the Battle of New Orleans, you Penalize the Yanks for WINNING the battle and do not penalize the Brits? Why is that? First time I have ever seen someone LOSE prestige for winning a battle on their own land against an invader.
I'll have a look a look at this, probably it's just a copy and past error.

Also, for each indian cession you penalize the Yanks by -2 prestige. Since the US starts with 0 prestige by 1820 I was in negative prestige due to all the prestige hits. Don't you think you were a bit harsh on the prestige hits?

On the trail of tears Cherokee cession you forgot to include Chatanooga in Tennessee. Kind of funny seeing that lone Cherokee outpost in that sea of blue.

Perhaps the starting prestige should be higher of the USA? But IIRC, I didn't change any of this since at first the US had to claim those territories. And the way they did get that land, wasn't very prestigious either. As for the trail of tears, I didn't even get that far with modding yet. My main focus now, or at least for this version was 1815-1835.

Mexico was the leader in prestige for some reason, they were at almost 400 prestige just after all those central american countries joined Mexico. I think you need one of those prestige reduction events for Mexico also.

I also see you went the route of Mexico gaining its independence without bloodshed and war with Spain, why was that?

As for the prestige, I noticed that as well. They don't necessarily need a prestige reduction event, just increase the negative amount of prestige they gain in the Texas related events. Say they grant American settlers to settle in Texas, they gain -10 prestige, and refusal leads to -15 prestige. Just a wild estimate.

As for their independence, IIRC that was done on the advice off somebody else in the very beginning. So if I'm wrong say so, I have very limited knowledge about Mexican Independence.

The Greek revolt was not that problematic for the Ottomans... The first uprising actually took place in Romania... Greek elites attempted to re-establish Byzantium....
Greek independence was won through European intervention...

The Ottoman Empire... should be an uncivilised nation until 1826 and the over through of the Janessaries....

To be honest I don't even want to look at the Greek War of Independence anymore, at least for the next version. I spent much time on it as it is. And at its current state I think it achieves it's goal. And if it needs work, I'll work on it, again. But didn't the Ottomans start to crush the revolt with Egyptian help? IIRC the English actually had to force the Egyptians out of the war, because they were so succesfull against the Greeks.

I'll make the Ottomans uncivilized till the overthrow of the Janissaries and see how this will affect the Greek War of Independence.

Wannbe, the way the US aquired the land was the exact same way the Europeans did in the rest of the world. ;) And the powers that be in Europe looked upon the US actions as the same as theirs, the need to expand and 'civilize' the savages. :D Now remember that was the prevailing attitude of the era and does not represent mine.

There was no opposition from Europe at the time as they felt the white man was superior to the minorites and just saw it as status normal. So to me you are maybe inserting a lil modern day morality? ;) And if so, why not against Europe and their colonization? Also I don't think the prestige hits truly represent the actual attitudes and morals of that time period. :D So I would say get rid of the prestige hit. Just my two cents on that.

As for Mexico, the prestige hits are about right, but it also caused great tension and unrest once the white settlers began to assert themselves. So you may also wish to add some pop militancy increase in the events. :)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Kurdistani said:

Having the Ottomans as uncivilized would just cause too many problems, and AFAIK it's not true that they were considered uncivilized then. They were backwards, but not to such an extent. However, should they lose the Balkans and with it much of their prestige and strength, they could perhaps uncivilize.

Andrelvis said:
Having the Ottomans as uncivilized would just cause too many problems, and AFAIK it's not true that they were considered uncivilized then. They were backwards, but not to such an extent. However, should they lose the Balkans and with it much of their prestige and strength, they could perhaps uncivilize.
Well... the Ottoman state was far more backwards than the Egyptian state in this early period... Hence... the Ottomans should be at the sa\me level as the Egyptians...

As for the Greeks... The Egyptians crushed the Greeks... the British and French then sank the Egyptian navy...
After this... the Egyptians (or more exactly Mehmet Ali) demanded Syria which had been promised to them in return for help against the Greeks...

Kurdistani said:
Well... the Ottoman state was far more backwards than the Egyptian state in this early period... Hence... the Ottomans should be at the sa\me level as the Egyptians...

As for the Greeks... The Egyptians crushed the Greeks... the British and French then sank the Egyptian navy...
After this... the Egyptians (or more exactly Mehmet Ali) demanded Syria which had been promised to them in return for help against the Greeks...

Indeed, the Egyptians were far more powerful, and had some industrialization, however, it's not only power and economy that determine civilized status or not. The Ottomans were considered "civilized" because a large part of their territory was in Europe and they were much more of a factor in European politics than Egypt, a vassal, they also had more prestige than Egypt. No one would ever think of colonizing the Ottomans. Turkish was considered a civilized culture, whereas the Arabic not.

@ Thorgrimm, probably you're right. Will fix that. IIRC part of the reason I did that was also to avoid the US gaining a too high ranking.

There are militancy modifiers in the Texas events, IIRC, but they apply to Texans, who are unfortunately assimilated because they are too small.

About Egypt/Ottomans, I've made Egypt civilized. Main reason was they went bankrupt too much. Egypt now performs better, while the Ottomans still overperform a bit, but this depends mostly on how the Greek War of Independence goes. I've seen Greece advance as far as Kosovo/Bulgaria, and in this case the Ottomans basicly collapse, especially when Russia invades in 1828. But I also saw the Ottomans contain the Greeks and put up a decent fight against Russia in the Balkan (note: they got crushed in Anatolia and the Mid East though)

They were indeed backwards, perhaps the Great Powers even saw them uncivilized. The reason why the GPs in both Egypt-Ottoman wars supported the Ottomans was because they preferred a weak Ottoman Empire instead of a strong Egypt. And about the Europeans not colonizing Ottoman lands, well, they took the Middle East from them. And I doubt Egyptians were considered uncivilized, or colonizable, in this period (the period of Mehmet Ali) by the Great Powers.

Wannabe Tatar said:
About Egypt/Ottomans, I've made Egypt civilized.

Perhaps that was the best choice. Maybe make an event though to turn their lands into colonies if they are conquered by Britain or France?

And about the Europeans not colonizing Ottoman lands, well, they took the Middle East from them.
But they never took Turkish lands as colonies, that's what I meant.
And I doubt Egyptians were considered uncivilized, or colonizable, in this period (the period of Mehmet Ali) by the Great Powers.
I don't know... Maybe you're right.