• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Owen said:
Well, I wouldn't DoW until I was off the British Isles, obviously.

This is a silly conversation anyway. Let's just attack Austria and be done with it. :D

No no, don't abandon such an interesting conversation. In fact, here's what Fred said on icq:

Fredde (03:28 PM) :
Owen doesn't dare attack me, he's such a sissy. And he smells like old people.[SIZE=-10]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-10]*this conversation may be entirely fictional[/SIZE]

Hive said:
No no, don't abandon such an interesting conversation. In fact, here's what Fred said on icq:

Owen doesn't dare attack me, he's such a sissy. And he smells like old people.
Fredde, I told you not to mention this to anyone.

Can I trust no-one?

:(

Hive said:

Owen doesn't dare attack me, he's such a sissy. And he smells like old people.[SIZE=-10]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-10]*this conversation may be entirely fictional[/SIZE]
:rofl:

then let`s come to second proposal - let England attack OE :rolleyes:

I've been thinking, and i think that we should increase the chances to get an explorer/Conq from 20percent to atleast 30percent. We soon enter the 1600s so the chances to recive an explorer now should be higher then in the 1500s.

Just look at Portugal, they havn't recived one singel explorer yet and is one of the smallest nations atm. And i havn't got one singel explorer in this game yet either and i know that some have recived plenty of them :eek:

Fredrik82 said:
I've been thinking, and i think that we should increase the chances to get an explorer/Conq from 20percent to atleast 30percent. We soon enter the 1600s so the chances to recive an explorer now should be higher then in the 1500s.

Just look at Portugal, they havn't recived one singel explorer yet and is one of the smallest nations atm. And i havn't got one singel explorer in this game yet either and i know that some have recived plenty of them :eek:

I know that most of the world is mapped and colonised by 1650 or so in most MP games, but not it's not historical. You do realise that England hadn't really begun colonising America by this time we are in now, right? Yet you have colonised most of NA already...

Now I'm not saying that we have to run this game all that historical - for after all, the scenario led to some pretty ahistorical happenings - but I can't see any reason to speed up colonisation.

Bored and craving for more land? Fight some European wars instead, most games could use more of those. ;)

btw, imo you have too much leaders in this and other games with random leaders

Last edited:
Tonioz said:

well.. given that I have had TWO conquistadors and ZERO explorers yet, I can't say I feel like having had too many...

Tonioz said:
On that subject, we discovered last session that ever since turning from Novgorod into Russia, Slargos has had his historical leaders reinstated. We found out because Slargos proclaimed his 5/6/6 conquistador, who is Yermak.

1. Obviously the Russian leaders need to be removed again.

2. Russian historical conquistadors start in 1545, and with them Russia should by now have discovered all of the east, perhaps with the exception of Kamchatka, particularly given that he may have bad random conquistadors as well. I know he's colonising as far as Buriat already. Should we edit Russia known provinces?

Owen said:
On that subject, we discovered last session that ever since turning from Novgorod into Russia, Slargos has had his historical leaders reinstated. We found out because Slargos proclaimed his 5/6/6 conquistador, who is Yermak.

1. Obviously the Russian leaders need to be removed again.

2. Russian historical conquistadors start in 1545, and with them Russia should by now have discovered all of the east, perhaps with the exception of Kamchatka, particularly given that he may have bad random conquistadors as well. I know he's colonising as far as Buriat already. Should we edit Russia known provinces?

Wtf? I haven't heard anything about that untill now, he kept claiming that he didn't have any conquistadors...

I'll be waiting for him to get back from the Paradox convention before doing anything, so I can hear what he has to say first.

Hive said:
Wtf? I haven't heard anything about that untill now, he kept claiming that he didn't have any conquistadors...

I'll be waiting for him to get back from the Paradox convention before doing anything, so I can hear what he has to say first.
Sure. You should check the save file though, it's obvious.

Bear in mind that the first historical conquistador doesn't come until 1555, with the next two in 1565, and he captured a single province next to the corridor ready for his first conquistador decades before that. Given that Yermak was only his fourth historical conquistador, I'm not that surprised he didn't realise.

Hive said:
I know that most of the world is mapped and colonised by 1650 or so in most MP games, but not it's not historical. You do realise that England hadn't really begun colonising America by this time we are in now, right? Yet you have colonised most of NA already...
Don't you talk about history Mr, especially not when you have a colonial empire with Austria :p

Fredrik82 said:
Don't you talk about history Mr, especially not when you have a colonial empire with Austria :p

You misunderstand. I'm not saying I have a problem with a game that bends history quite a bit - and I thought I made that clear in my post. But can you give me just 1 good reason why I should speed up colonisation? You can't use "it's more historical" or the "it's better for the game", so what reason can you give me for doing it? I'm quite curious...