• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The worst thing about this video is all the different ambient noises for each menu. It could've been acceptable if when you clicked the menus, the screen filled up with the menu in the middle and some 3D graphics corresponding to the ambient sounds played in the background, but as it is now, it's rightdown terrible. I don't care about "if you don't like it then turn ambient sounds down", those ambient sounds don't have a place where they are.

In the seuqel to a game that is driven by multiple events per month? Yes.
Events are what made CK... CK.

Most of the events in vanilla DV were events that are being apparently taken care of by decisions - like finding holy men and nobles for your court, it seems. I know I won't miss those events popping up every 2 years or so. I do agree there needs to be many flavor events, but I think you've either been playing DVIP/TASS for so long you're associating modded events with vanilla events or you're thinking there were more unique events in the original game than there were.

Regards,

The Great

Do you really want to be spammed with multiple events per year? No thanks.
Events should be the spice on top of the gameplay, not the focus. Too many and the game becomes a random mess.

You clearly haven't played the first Crusader Kings. No offense meant, but if you had you would know how awesome the events are and how it's lovely to have lots of them. The game is described as event-driven.

Besides, don't you get more than one event a year in all the other paradox-games? I do, at least.

Most of the events in vanilla DV were events that are being apparently taken care of by decisions - like finding holy men and nobles for your court, it seems. I know I won't miss those events popping up every 2 years or so. I do agree there needs to be many flavor events, but I think you've either been playing DVIP/TASS for so long you're associating modded events with vanilla events or you're thinking there were more unique events in the original game than there were.

Regards,

The Great

Yeah, and it looks like the old education events have been changed to a diplomacy option, letting you get specific tutors for your children. Which is pretty cool.

It would certainly be nice to see a few more events. The CK child-raising events were one of the things I missed most in Rome and Sengoku. But I wouldn't expect to see quite as many events as CK now that there are proper systems to handle many things that CK could only handle by event.

Looks great, can't wait to see more with a voiceover explanation, tough to follow, though pause and roll-back made it better.

I also very much enjoyed the music. Looking forward to it.

Do you really want to be spammed with multiple events per year? No thanks.
Events should be the spice on top of the gameplay, not the focus. Too many and the game becomes a random mess.

Weeeellll, a year is sort of a long time. And if you're a minor vassal, you might not have much else to do.

Questions answered!

Hi everyone. I wrote the preview and recorded the video. Here are answers to some questions. The version I used for the video is about two weeks old already and the game's been updated since (Steam is great!).
1. An indication of who will accept your plot is already in: names are highlighted in green.
2. There are lots of events, at least one every 2-3 months I'd say, if not more.
3. The video looks like it bogged down because (a) I'm recording full-screen video and (b) it's still being developed. I haven't had any problems with performance in the newest version (no crashes yet, either).
4. Present débuntante adds a new female to your court.

Incidentally, I started a new game with the latest version as the Duke of Toulouse. Seeing as I had no shot for the king of France, I started a plot to make succession based on a vote. I chose backers from the list (people who would accept are highlighted in green), and luckily one of them was the leader of the HRE. So I sent a nice letter to the king and he refused so I declared war on him, along with the might of the HRE. I won the war and got my election-based succession. Then, I upped my relationships with the other vassals and got myself first in line, and the king died. So now I am king of France and fending off the 2nd pretender to the throne (first is my son), storming his castles and ready to throw him in jail.

Hi everyone. I wrote the preview and recorded the video. Here are answers to some questions. The version I used for the video is about two weeks old already and the game's been updated since (Steam is great!).
1. An indication of who will accept your plot is already in: names are highlighted in green.
2. There are lots of events, at least one every 2-3 months I'd say, if not more.
3. The video looks like it bogged down because (a) I'm recording full-screen video and (b) it's still being developed. I haven't had any problems with performance in the newest version (no crashes yet, either).
4. Present débuntante adds a new female to your court.

Incidentally, I started a new game with the latest version as the Duke of Toulouse. Seeing as I had no shot for the king of France, I started a plot to make succession based on a vote. I chose backers from the list (people who would accept are highlighted in green), and luckily one of them was the leader of the HRE. So I sent a nice letter to the king and he refused so I declared war on him, along with the might of the HRE. I won the war and got my election-based succession. Then, I upped my relationships with the other vassals and got myself first in line, and the king died. So now I am king of France and fending off the 2nd pretender to the throne (first is my son), storming his castles and ready to throw him in jail.

This is awesome. AWESOME.

Glad to see we'll have sound effects for the battles.. (something severely lacking in Sengoku at the moment with their battles)..

As for the video itself, man does look like it will be an immersive game, and looks like you'll be able to do so much and I'm so glad we saw some new things in that video like the Technology Screen, more of the diplomacy options, and even the little things were awesome to see..

Example seeing a lot of characters name with an "of ..." prefix is a nice little feature I think, and of course much more I'm noticing as I'm consistently pausing it to see what the interface says hehe ;)..

The only thing I wish the video explored but didn't, is building creation which he seriously didn't do, and boy was that guy fast in speeding up his game too, don't think I can ever play like the way he did, lol..

But a nice video indeed, and man seeing stuff like this makes me wish I was involved in the gaming media, grr.. (since it seems beta copies are going around now to them based on that preview and also Gamespot's preview too..)

Ohh one more thing.. I know a poster already mentioned it here, but that constant background noise when clicking on option like the technology, military, etc.. Either tone that down by just having the sound not loop over and over again, or simply get rid it, as I can see that being annoying as well :(.

MP

Hi everyone.

I noticed a button on the marriage-screen interface: Arrange Matrileneal Marriage. Any idea what that might mean? Also, the option to invite to court is amazing, amazing, amazing. Loving everything about the interfaces, the game play, and the depth of immersion so far.

Hi everyone.

I noticed a button on the marriage-screen interface: Arrange Matrileneal Marriage. Any idea what that might mean? Also, the option to invite to court is amazing, amazing, amazing. Loving everything about the interfaces, the game play, and the depth of immersion so far.

I'd assume that means a marriage where the children take the mother's family name. So that if a player winds up playing a woman, they don't automatically lose when her son inherits, as was kind of a problem in CK1.

Also, so long as we're nitpicking - why does William still have a beard? (and Harold still not have one)

holy s.... the new menu thing is awesome.

One thing i have to say annoyed me was the repeating of the same hammer and anvil sound over and over and over again when whoever it was, was looking at the tech.

Just saying.

Last edited:
after watching the vid he clicked on a start date of stamford bridge but surely when he then clicks on full nations england should be saxon+ when he clicks on kings it seems that ireland owns parts of scotland, wales, brittany and england but in independent nations ireland is split into proviences can someone please explain why this is

When he clicks on "Kings" Ireland is blacked out as they have no King, same for parts of Scotland, Wales, and Brittany. It doesn't mean they're all ruled by the same King.

You obviously have never played Crusader Kings

Well, they are obviously trying to move away from events to some extent to more organic game-play with plots, ambitions, barons and character ai driving the game. There will still be events, but I think that there will be fewer generic random ones than in CK 1. Let's just hope that it wont be like EU3 at release all over again.