• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im getting a bit confused about the settlements now. Are demesne limits by county or by barony? Also, I thought that baronies would work like provinces, that you would control some yourself and some would be controlled by barons who would be vassals, is this the case? From the video it looks like levy is by county, would the loyalty of different barons affect if his barony's part of the county's levy is raised?

edit

well, judging from the video he has five counties and demesne 5/6

Last edited:
Has the overall limit of settlements per province been lowered to 7?

It's always been 7, I am not sure why the DD said 8. Maybe a typo or Doomdark was thinking in programer terms and counted the 0 as a possible state.

Meanmanturbo: Demesne is Baronies, but a Country includes the capital Barony, so 5 Counties = 5 settlements. If you had one County with 5 Baronies all owned by you it would also be 5/x Demesne.

It's always been 7, I am not sure why the DD said 8. Maybe a typo or Doomdark was thinking in programer terms and counted the 0 as a possible state.

Meanmanturbo: Demesne is Baronies, but a Country includes the capital Barony, so 5 Counties = 5 settlements. If you had one County with 5 Baronies all owned by you it would also be 5/x Demesne.

Interesting, that could make the Eastern Roman Emperor only having Constantinople and the associated settlements as his demesne work. Of course, it also makes the game more strategic if you're a lord in a not so prosperous region. Should make the game more balanced and lessen the chances of wildly ahistorically large conquests by obscure powers (though I guess the Mongols will still get some special treatment?).

What? Care to elaborate? Does this mean that you can own Baronies in Counties owned by other people?

Oh, so I had the right idea at the start then, good to hear

So the in the Ducal laws screen you can see in the video, the laws are for your own baronies, how much levies and tax you get from baron vassal, or how much levies and tax you get from all vassals?.

edit

considering that you can see +/- vassal loyalty the first option looks unlikely

Last edited:
I noticed something like making someone a mayor made them unable to inherit. Is this for heirs who become barons, or can heir who become castel-barons inherit? Also, can't this be exploited to manipulate what heir you want?