• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Blastaz said:
This patch makes me think of the old EU 2 era Paradox, who patched their games to perfection, long after it was comericaly viable. That patch fixed nearly every issue anyone had with the game, apart from Massila, did they fix Massila?... it was mind blowingly well done. Congratulations Paradox for listening to the forums. If only you had released the game two months later.
Masilla isn't fixed, but pretty much everything else is - atleast the complaints i had.

ph4n_swe said:
Now if only full loyalty info would show (including all modifiers for loyal troops, assertive etc) for the "default selected" one at the top...

blast...

Letar said:
Ah, yes. That is the result of game mechanics and not an actual bug, thus I wouldn't call Massilia "broken".
exactly, it is not broken at all, why would a player want to play them if they wouldn't be allowed to expand anyway?

massilia had a chance to expand but decided not to

The battles are fixed. No doubt about that. There has been a few instances of ping pong, or more like ping, because i usually squash them before they get time to pong :p . So thats definetly a plus.

The increased attrition when in barbarian and enemy territory is something i have to get used to, its simply huge. But its also more realistic so i very much approve of that step.

The improvements regarding characters are also good. Its a simple solution that could easily be improved but these simple measures alone, with the asterisks on members of the ruler family and the box around the ruler, has made wonders concerning having some kind of "feel" for your characters.

There is still the problem of the cannot cancel alliance because of tribute bug. I havent had it before in 1.1, but i did it 1.2. Its a big problem as it seems the devs doesnt consider it a real bug as it cant be reproduced every time. I can only repeat here though that it is a very real bug indeed, and it is extremely annoying.

My main problem in 1.2 is lack of characters! After 50 years I have run out of them and now out of 10 legions 3 are without commanders as well as 2 provinces are without governors. Surely, amongst a milion of Romans would be some interested in getting a command of a legion? Their stats may be poor, I don't care but there should be always one random character for a job!

In the situation described above I was unable to declare war on other country because I had no emissary to send. I had to relieve a governor, send him and then return him to his post.

Is there a way to increase character spawn rate or make sure one man will be always visible in the character selection screen?

Javaslinger said:
I'm pretty sure there was a DV beta patch update on April 10 or so... that's not too far back. Is that the one you are thinking of?

No, and Johan replied today in the CK forum that a new patch is under development.

One more change, that I think it wasn't mentioned, is the different colour of Macedonia in political view. Very nice change, makes it much easier to read the names of the provinces.

Bertouch said:
Did I miss this, or was no mention of the research bug involving rebels?

I just had a game ruined after the Egyptian Rebels spawned at 15 tech across the board when everyone else was 1-3 in all of them.

I don't know if the patch wasn't applied properly or what, but it just happened to me.

Yea, I got to say that after i installed the patch i started up a fresh game with Macedonia, and im loving the changes. The game is alot more playable and enjoyable.

I love this patch, sure i will run into bugs and other issues but atleast EU:Rome is enjoyable to play and Im glad i bought it and had the patience, not to play it until patch (tho thats an outrage, but PI usually delivers with patches in the end).

Keep it up.

Wdll said:
Anyone else noticed assaults on cities becoming easier for the attacker? Or just lucky?

I am seeing a lot of sieges end after 10 days. It might have something to do with archers. Not really sure. I see the AI sieging super fast and when I look at their army they have 5-8k archers.