• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Letar said:
In general, old saves are not guaranteed to work with patches, but you can try.

If you ask me, I'd say that you can continue your 1.1. game BUT I will take no responsibility if something is not working. Or anything working at all.

Ok, thank you.

Thank you a Team!
uppv6.gif

Strange, I tried to download the patch but my launcher says that 1.1 is still the newest one, and there arent any new updates. :( Is it my game or your system has crashed?

ElectricEel said:
Err. Aren't these two changes contradictory?

no, the first one means the scrollable list shouldnt contain the default selected character, the other one means that the defautl selected character should be shown at the top (like when you replace a commander for example)

Moredrug said:
Strange, I tried to download the patch but my launcher says that 1.1 is still the newest one, and there arent any new updates.

Register your Rome and download the patch from the Tech Support.

Thanks for the patch, I seem to forget sometimes to thank you for continuing to work on your games.

I wonder was anything learned from Rome that will be put in In Nomine and will anything learned from both be put into a future game ? Thinking getting us to the first world war.

podcat said:
no, the first one means the scrollable list shouldnt contain the default selected character, the other one means that the defautl selected character should be shown at the top (like when you replace a commander for example)
Now if only full loyalty info would show (including all modifiers for loyal troops, assertive etc) for the "default selected" one at the top...

Thank you, Johan and thank you, Paradox. I was worried you are planning to hold 1.2 release until In Nomine is out, seeing that some of the most important changes, combat specific especially, are the same you are planning for that expansion. I am happy I was wrong. Well done!

I don't see in the change log anything regarding global religious prestige, addressing the issue with Greek, Druid religious dominance and the lack of significant effects from building temples.

If the current situation is not considered a bug but WAD, then explanation of how the global religious prestige is being calculated will suffice. Apparently # of citizens/pops under specific religion is not correct as stated in the manual IIRC.

I patched the game and fired up an old savegame to try it out and I actually noticed quite a big difference in game dynamics immediatly. I had gotten a bit sloppy in my wars and routinely engaged in two front wars against bigger foes in 1.1, but my strategy failed utterly this time. My deep penetration armies bled out over several battles, remnants got slaughtered after merciless pursuits and super-quick wars with constant assaults just didn´t work and cost me a lot of men, as it should be. Losing a big battle on my flank suddenly meant four of my twelve field armies were decimated and could not regain their strenght to fight again for several months!

Overall my first impression is very good, some new challenges and some old quirks ironed out, great work again with the patch guys!

Wicked. Time to spend the rest of my afternoon playing Rome!