• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
pow902 said:
I patched the game and fired up an old savegame to try it out and I actually noticed quite a big difference in game dynamics immediatly. I had gotten a bit sloppy in my wars and routinely engaged in two front wars against bigger foes in 1.1, but my strategy failed utterly this time. My deep penetration armies bled out over several battles, remnants got slaughtered after merciless pursuits and super-quick wars with constant assaults just didn´t work and cost me a lot of men, as it should be. Losing a big battle on my flank suddenly meant four of my twelve field armies were decimated and could not regain their strenght to fight again for several months!

Overall my first impression is very good, some new challenges and some old quirks ironed out, great work again with the patch guys!

Same boat. I've found my recent military pursuits more challenging. I'm more careful with my army compositions, and I wish my enemies didn't have 4K elephants, ouch!

Dv?

I really don't want to sound like an ingrate, because I'm happier to have Rome patched first, but what happened to:

Current Patch Priority Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) CK: Deus Vult
2) Rome

'Cause I've had a DV papal controller waiting a long, long time to reconcile his vassal friend and excommunicate his neighbor. Is the Rome patch just a fortunate side effect of the IN changes, where the DV patch is more labor intensive? DV is still getting patched again, right?

Didn't DV get a beta patch update recently? I heard that it was very solid.

Pode said:
I really don't want to sound like an ingrate, because I'm happier to have Rome patched first, but what happened to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Rome

'Cause I've had a DV papal controller waiting a long, long time to reconcile his vassal friend and excommunicate his neighbor. Is the Rome patch just a fortunate side effect of the IN changes, where the DV patch is more labor intensive? DV is still getting patched again, right?

Pode said:

2) Rome

some moderator quoted that..but it looked like an error or something cuz dv had gotten a patch i thought. either that or this is a pretty minor fix patch and maybe it just got bumped up. i like dv too tho. so im good either way

Johan said:
- Family prestige is now loaded properly from a savegame.

Oh, thank you oh so very much ^_^ ...

This sounds terrific! Wow -- I am looking forward to trying this patch out tonight! Seems like wars will be a lot more difficult now with the reductions in manpower replenishment outside of home territory! Great. :)

marshman said:
some moderator quoted that..but it looked like an error or something cuz dv had gotten a patch i thought. either that or this is a pretty minor fix patch and maybe it just got bumped up. i like dv too tho. so im good either way

No, the last beta DV patch was a while back. There's been a list compiled since then of things that needed fixing, and supposedly, another patch was on it's way.

I was surprised when I accidently pressed F12 instead of F11 when taking a screenshot for my AAR to find the world map feature implemented.

It was a damn good surprise. :D

Argggg

So instead of having to post 20 unit armies to guard against barbarians you now need 22-30 - I just lost over 60 units in one year due to 2 stacks of 44 barbarians coming over my border

so if you units are not at least 22 strong - POOF!!!!
which needless to say is hard to do when you are only 40 years into the game

I also have 4 provinces without governors and about 6-7 armies without leaders due to a total and complete lack of characters

Thegreatplant said:
So instead of having to post 20 unit armies to guard against barbarians you now need 22-30 - I just lost over 60 units in one year due to 2 stacks of 44 barbarians coming over my border

so if you units are not at least 22 strong - POOF!!!!
which needless to say is hard to do when you are only 40 years into the game

I also have 4 provinces without governors and about 6-7 armies without leaders due to a total and complete lack of characters

Actually, "Poof" should only happen if you would retreat due to morale within the first 5 days. So if maintenance is up and you have armies that arent made up entirely of light infantry, this seems strange...

This patch makes me think of the old EU 2 era Paradox, who patched their games to perfection, long after it was comericaly viable. That patch fixed nearly every issue anyone had with the game, apart from Massila, did they fix Massila?... it was mind blowingly well done. Congratulations Paradox for listening to the forums. If only you had released the game two months later.