• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a good number of great changes!

- Removed the kingdom of Pommerania from the de jure HRE

Thanks! That means no county claims vs Poland on some dates.

- Liege levy maintenance cost is now shared with sub vassals

Good, won't be wrecking some guys economically, right?

- The old liege now only gets weak claims on members of successful independence factions

Great (one generation less to worry about, I guess). What about the non-leaders, as in does the liege get claims on them too and what strength, pressed/not?

- You now correctly gain Piety for granting bishoprics to courtiers

Thanks! I've been struggling with that one for a couple of games!

- Muslim rulers no longer get Piety for creating a random mosque holder

Just curious (I never play Muslims), what's the reason?

- Hamburg and Celle now have ports

Ports FTW! Whatever makes more ports & more trade. Dunno why, just a personal thing.

- Province of Alexandria adjusted to include the site of the actual city

Sounds cool, although I'm not sure I fully understand.

- Constantine de Hauteville is no longer female

I'm sure he's happy!

- Fixed the birthdate of Saint Louis IX of France and his brother Robert of Artois

Thanks! Especially their birth order was a biggie. Will you be correcting the death dates too?

Constantinople is now protected by the Theodosian Walls

Does it mean the principal holding starts with upgraded wall or is it something special and possibly unique?

- AI: Fixed a bug with it not dismissing liege levies when done with them

Thanks so much! Fleet levies could bankrupt a coastal duke.

- If married, women now fool their husbands about the parentage of children born from the bastard birth event (450)

Oh no, I want DNA testing! Speaking of which... will there be a way of finding out?

- DoW AI: Now more aware of the possibility of mercs and the military value of Gold

Sigh.

- AI: More keen on using mercs if even slightly outnumbered

*gulp*

- AI: Very rich states are now more likely to use multiple merc regiments if needed

You mean Mongols with mercs, right? :p

- The religious CB now vassalizes lords of your own religion in the target Duchy

Thanks! That one mattered so much to me. As king, do you get to keep the duke as your vassal if he's your coreligionist vassalised under somebody of a different religion?

And this includes Orthodox lords when you're Catholic, right?

- Optimized the line of succession calculation code

Thanks! Having the correct heirs was always important to me.

AI: External powers now more aggressive against civil war revolters

Sensible! That could perhaps weaken the Fatimids and Ayyubids a bit.

Fixed another bug with dead character in the Allies list

Good!

- Conquerors (rulers of conquered titles) can now call on rulers from back home (Cultural Bonds) while defending against other cultures

Brilliant! That was so much needed! Will it be applicable when you hand down independent titles of your equal rank after conquering the lands? Or is it same culture as the ruler? And whoever the current ruler is or just the immediate guy who obtained the surrender?

Characters older than 50 will no longer fight in tournaments

Come on, Kadoc was almost 70 when he got 2nd place! And he built a proper castle city in Tintagel with the winnings!

Just curious (I never play Muslims), what's the reason?
Muslims can hold temple holdings and castles without penalty, so it's not like a new imam is created.

Sounds cool, although I'm not sure I fully understand.
In the current map, the province of Alexandria does not extend far enough east to include where the city of Alexandria is.

by the way, next time, i should not read this thread.

I am now just refreshing the ck2 forum over and over pretending it will make the patch come out faster. as if it would come out today

Demesne only matters in the early game. I currently have a demesne of 5 (Palermo and 4 castles) out of 11 and I make over 1000g a year. In a lot of ways I prefer Dukes even more after 1.07 or 8 whichever one made it so you just raise your vassals troops instead of vassal of vassal. Sooooo much nicer. I make ridiculous amounts of money and have much easier troop movements.

My only real complaint is that I still need to pause the game before entering major wars as it's literally impossible to raise my full levees and get them on boats and start them moving on x2 speed without the war being over by the time they get their.

Please make a Raise all button that automatically raises levees and ships and puts them in ships. That'd be so great. Only thing we'd need then is a way to make inland guys head to the coast. Best scenario would be if you could do a rally at county command and have your levees raised and shipped there to assemble but given how the AI seems to be at moving troops maybe that'd be a bad idea ;)

This is one monster of a patch, so many more historical character changes than I expected. Looks like I'l'l have a lot of work to do updating my mod. Not that that's a bad thing.

- Added 'attrition' field to the 'spawn_unit' effect. This is an attrition multiplier.

This fixes everything! Seems like the hordes will still be attrition-free in the vanilla, but this will be a ridiculously easy thing to fix by modding the events that spawns them.

A tiny line addition to:

spawn_unit = {
province = 904 # Balkh
troops =
{
horse_archers = { 10000 10000 }
light_cavalry = { 6666 6666 }
light_infantry = { 2222 2222 }
heavy_infantry = { 1112 1112 }
knights = { 200 200 }

And no more doom stacks!

Last edited:
Perhaps that's a bit strong, but I also can't see the logic of that decision. (BTW I can't believe I initially missed this one, but then again it is a long list:).)
For realms with many previous holders you now instantly see the last few, rather than having to scroll down a huge list. Take Byz for example, the holder history goes back hundreds of years so if you just want to know who was the emperor before the current one came to power you have to scroll down the entire list. Now it'll be the top entry.

This fixes everything! Seems like the hordes will still be attrition-free in the vanilla, but this will be a ridiculously easy thing to fix by modding the events that spawns them.

A tiny line addition to:

And no more doom stacks!

Question is : will the AI split them accordingly or just lose thousads of men to attrition ?

Hisssssssss

That's useful because when you open the title history page, you'll see the most recent title holders right away. You need to reference them much more often than any other part of the title history.

Away with you, Heathen!

I love the changes Paradox team! You keep making this game more detailed and more logical, and I have little doubt you will continue to be rewarded by a growing fan base of drooling fanatics! :) Thank you so much guys, I am pumped to play with this patch and the Republics. I hope these additions/patches keep coming, I really dig it! Oh and: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I didn't use enough! Kudos!! :D