• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Remove holy wars against Heretics. Or at least put a really big penalty when declaring a holy war. Because I really want to play as the Lollard Heresy without being mauled by every single Catholic in the world at once.

Add the option to pause the game when certain alerts pop up (most importantly diplomatic/call to alliance alerts). If that's not possible at least increase the time it takes to auto-decline or allow the player to join these wars later.

Hmm

- I'd like to see the nobles in Republics marrying automatically. In truth, there were some great families in the Italian republics, out of whom the Doge was elected and who were truly nobles, who married.
- More strength for republics. They should hire a lot of mercenaries and perhaps should be able to form like the Lombard or the Veronese League.
- Also the economical parts of the game could be expanded. I read something about trading posts. I would say there should be some main trading routes and trade centers of valuous goods like in EU III perhaps. But these shouldn't be simply downlaying mechanics. The player should be able to have influence on them.

But that are minor wishes of no greater concern.

- I would like to see the Pope elected by a group of mighty church leaders. Perhaps there should be some cardinals in Italy or so, who elect him.

- But my absolute wish would consist in more court events or possibilities to interact actively with the characters in one's court or other rulers. If you are able to actively form a friendship with a character by taking him with you to a hunting trip or inviting him to your feast and if this frienship is shown in the character information like in CK 1 that would be great. Every should be able to actively form 5 frienships, while the number would depend on the traits of the character. An ill or dumb character would'nt be able to form this number of friendships. It could work like the rasing of childs, where you choose a number of childs for one character. One should be able to form a friendship with a characer in one's court, who has a 100 % opinion of the own character. Then you should have an option "form friendship" with this character. Similar to the education system there from time to time there could events regarding to this friendship like "Your friend sends you XY as a present", "your friend wants to go on a hunting trip", "your friend is sad and needs mental assistance", "your friend has problems with the church", or so. depending on some traits of the character. Also, if you actively were able to choose your lover if this person has a 100 opinion of you.

- Perhaps you could also add the ability to go on a pilgrimage if you are a pious character, held minor tourney events (once per ten years for a duke or so) or invite a great philosopher to one's court and send him to your university or church.

I would like to see the Archduchy of Austria added. Even if it is just a titular King level title.

You could make it only formable by a Habsburg Emperor who is also the Duke of Austria or something like that.

The title did exist during the game period (though I'm not sure if it was offically recognised) unlike a bunch of the new emperor tier titles so I don't see why it can't be added.

Of course it would be better if it was a new tier between Duke and King but I don't know if that is possible.

Similar to the new "divine_blood = yes" feature... A feature for sibling marriages into a dynasty.
Isn't that what that does though? If you add that modifier to a dynasty (presumably in dynasties.txt?) then they will be more likely to inbreed, and will be able to marry their siblings.

Greater incentive given to building cathedrals. Right now the AI has no interest in building them at all and it's hard to justify plumping up the cash to do it yourself when bishops are often closer to the Pope than you anyway.

Perhaps the person who pays for the cathedral's construction should get a hefty piety jolt on completion, and/or a positive modifier to their monthly piety after it's finished?

Isn't that what that does though? If you add that modifier to a dynasty (presumably in dynasties.txt?) then they will be more likely to inbreed, and will be able to marry their siblings.

I think its more they often want to marry there relatives (cousines etc.). But ther sisters or brothers?

I think its more they often want to marry there relatives (cousines etc.). But ther sisters or brothers?
I've added a flag to scripted dynasties: "divine_blood = yes". This will disable the incest restrictions for the dynasty and make members actually prefer inbreeding, though at a high risk of giving the "lunatic" trait to offspring.
Every combination excluding brothers and sisters can already be done.

As Muslims and Byzantines get a free revokation mechanic for ducal titles and above due to "historical accuracy", why not add a title like Margrave for the western cultures. Liege hands it out and inherits it back after the bearer's death.

I've never heard of any dynasty that married siblings, only uncles and nieces and cousins. Not even the Habsburgs married their siblings.
Well, thanks to the good people of the Paradox forum I discovered this guy yesterday. He didn't marry his sister, but he certainly consummated their union of sin. :D

I've never heard of any dynasty that married siblings, only uncles and nieces and cousins. Not even the Habsburgs married their siblings.

Not in this timeline but... The Ptomelaios in Egypt do it. And Camvyses II. in old persia married two of his half sisters. Its rare but not impossible. Especial if you like to mod somethink like this.

- It should be easier to search for potential brides/grooms of different religion: When clicking on the marry button in the character screen you get a list of people where unmarried ones that wouldn't marry the character are already filtered out but it filters characters with different religion (even if they would accept a marriage) as well. Finding a bride in the normal character search can get a bit tedious when the croom's not of high rank, though.
So a checkbox 'include other religions' would be nice.

- The launcher should save which mods are activated when the game starts and activate them automatically next time the launcher is started. Playing with more than one mod can get annoying sometimes (testing changes to gamefiles, crashes, &c).

I think it would be very interesting if the various prisoner mechanics were a bit more fleshed out. Instead of simply gaining a flat +10 relation bonus from your own people when you release a prisoner, the bonus might be dependent on what traits your courtiers and vassals have.
Kind or charitable vassals might give a +20 bonus for releasing a prisoner instead of only +10 while cruel or cynical vassals might actually take a relation hit instead, but on the other hand the cruel and cynical vassals wouldn't get a negative relationship modifier to you when you excute a prisoner that isn't from an enemy kingdom but kind vassals might receive an increased relationship hit for the same.
I think a system that makes the relationship modifiers for prisoners more varied could be a good thing to prevent the whole prisoner feature from being very "gamey".

I think it would be very interesting if the various prisoner mechanics were a bit more fleshed out. Instead of simply gaining a flat +10 relation bonus from your own people when you release a prisoner, the bonus might be dependent on what traits your courtiers and vassals have.
Kind or charitable vassals might give a +20 bonus for releasing a prisoner instead of only +10 while cruel or cynical vassals might actually take a relation hit instead, but on the other hand the cruel and cynical vassals wouldn't get a negative relationship modifier to you when you excute a prisoner that isn't from an enemy kingdom but kind vassals might receive an increased relationship hit for the same.
I think a system that makes the relationship modifiers for prisoners more varied could be a good thing to prevent the whole prisoner feature from being very "gamey".

those are some good ideas.

As Muslims and Byzantines get a free revokation mechanic for ducal titles and above due to "historical accuracy", why not add a title like Margrave for the western cultures. Liege hands it out and inherits it back after the bearer's death.

I certainly like the idea. However the title of margrave or marquis developed into a hereditary title too, a burgraviate usually wasn't though (with a few exceptions).