• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1937 Wrapup.

It is the year end of 1937. The new Mongolian empire is growing like a tumor from the heart of Asia. The new empire boundary holds the shape of the old but is now unmistakably twice the size!

621937end.jpg

With updated infantry gear from Soviet, the elite Genghis Khan 1st Corps are the most well equipped in the army. Ready to unleash terror into the rest of China! 1938 is gonna be bad for Gen Chiang Kai Shek!

The year ended with Mongol military strength of three 1936 infantry, one 1918 infantry, one 1918 Keshik Calvary division and four militia division. Small but lethal! ;)

Militia all the way!
Later when you have enough IC, you can make a all panzer/motorized army. :cool:

Yes, but that will still be a loooong way off. More immediate plans is to get a full corps of Calvary Hordes, Mongol style! :cool: This is so that they are strong enough to take and hold teritory! China, here we come!

THAT is the most beautiful Mongolia I've ever seen! Nice work, sir! :D

Thank you for appreciating my work of art. I can assure you that this 'cancer' gonna grow larger and larger... :D

That certainly is a nice and spacious Mongolia. Of course, ever nomad needs his own hundred acres of fertile grazing. You might need to expand some more. ;)

A new year, a new thrust...

1937 has been a good year for the fledging rebirth of the Mongolian empire! Mongolia has doubled in size in two years since the ‘peaceful revolution’!

Amar (Head of State): Things are going so well, do we need some fresh faces in our war cabinet?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Yep, a change of minister of security to whip up the pitiful population of Sinkiang and Xibei San Ma to be more loyal to us will be useful here. I need a Prince of Terror!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Dagva as chief of the ground troops spending time mostly in the new lands should be suitable as your weapon of terror shouldn’t it?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Oh, another brilliant nomination! Now the people of the Chinese warlord states shall know who their master is!
631937cabinet.jpg

Golmund is safe in Mongol’s hand but a recently captured adjacent province of Jinchang could not be held.
Mj Gen Tsendenbal (Commander of Mongol 4th Div): Under heavy fire! All the retreated Chinese troops from Golmuind has regrouped in Xining and is mounting a counterattack at our position! Have to retreat to the deserts of Inner Mongolia!
64jinchang.jpg

Jan 10th, 1938
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Oh great, out 4th modern infantry divisions! Got to beef up the grunts! Stalin still got lots of these wherever it comes from!
654thinfantry.jpg

Feb 7th, 1938
Choybalsan (Intel): Intelligence shows that the Japan try to mimic a Mongolian thing in Nanjing but is giving them bad press in the West. Not anyone can pillage and kill enemies in cities in the name of Khan like we do, it ain’t the same! We never have an URUMQI MASSACRE or GOLMUND MASSACRE despite all the killing we do because it is the right thing to do! The Japanese got to learn this! When killing, you got to kill ALL that resist, spare all that do not! When you did not kill all that suppose to be killed, these are the people that gonna give you a bad name! Those fools!
66nanking.jpg

Feb 11th, 1938
Chimid: Gosh, the Chinese moved all their divisions from Xining to Jinchang that we abandoned! It shows it takes them 7 divisions to defeat our lone 4th Mongol Division. We really inject fear to them such that there commit obscene amount of infantry to defeat a militia group!

Gen Luvsan: Xining, here we come! Whoohoo!! There’s a big swimming pool you can chill yourself in! First come first served!
67xiningmarch.jpg

Upgrade completed on Feb 30th on Mongol 1st Nayramdakh Armija commandeered by Gen Chimid, the last remnant of 1918 infantry in Mongolian Army.
Chimid: Finally I can retire my WW1 rifles! It’s has been more effective as walking stick than anything else!

Feb 14th, 1938
Choybalsan (Intel): Wow, things close to the heart do happen on Valentine Day! The Nazi and Japs are cozying to one another. I wonder if their love is eternal or just convenience!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Good for us though, Chiang has one less foreign expert!
68valentine.jpg

Mar 2nd, 1938
Choybalsan (Intel): Looks like things ain’t so rosy back in Moscow. Stalin is looking for traitors among his midst! General Chimid you should be thankful you’re with us!

69supurge.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Feel sad for my brother comrades! Well, you only need to always say yes to Stalin to ensure your head in not on the chopping board! Got to know always who’s da boss!
Hmm, maybe more promotion chances when I return back to Moscow with so many gone :)

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Hey, we got a big job to do here, Asia campaign just started! HellooooOOO!!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Oh! Yeah! Let’s get a piece of Chiang’s ass!

Mar 7th, 1938
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Gen. Shicai, you have been an asset to us! The Human Wave Doctrine have lifted troop morale to new heights!! I sense an almost tripling of morale! (30% to 80%)
70humanwave.jpg

General Sheng Shicai (deposed Sinkiang leader): Thanks, but everything good comes at a cost.

Chimid: Like what?

General Sheng Shicai: Well, with high morale they tend to take some self-initiative or daring moves that may not always tally with operational command… leading to some organizational losses! I say about effective 25% loss of your capability now.

Chimid: What kind of stupid training you have done to my army! You better figure out way to fix this fast before this year is out or else…!

General Sheng Shicai: Oh no!!! Gimme a chance to teach them Large Front Doctrine to give them back the lost organizational capability.

Chimid: With this blueprints from mother Russia, you better get it done in double time! You fool! One more folly like this, you gonna get it!

Mar 9th, 1938
Frontline HQ tent, Xining...
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Haha! Xining is ours! Choibalsan, you need to take your horses south to cut off retreating Chiang’s army from the west.

Kangding sole Chinese garrison was driven off and Keshik Mongol Korpus raced to it under the helm of Lt. Gen Choibalsan.

Chimid: Lanzhou that are garrisoned by four divisions are too strong for our exhausted army that has been marching for a month thru mountain range of Xining. But I see am even more valuable targets to the south that may be lightly defended!

Gen Luvsan: Yes, Chiang’s capital is just south-east of this position. If we get there, it is like sneaking up into their backdoor!

Choybalsan (Intel): Intelligence has shown that Chiang has been moving a lot of his industry away from the coastal region from Japanese into the interior, in other words closer to OUR position! It is all ripe for our takings! Straight into our hands! They rather have them fall into our hands and into our rule than the Japanese! The industrial powerhouse in this region alone is triple of that our total empire! It must be used to serve us! Their immense population must be swayed to support us as well!

Chimid: It is agreed then, we shall head towards the Sichuan Valley across Ya'an mountain range to get our hands on Chiang’s safe retreat! Chongqing, capital of China shall be soon ours! All other yellow star markers on the strategic map are our secondary objective as they also hold the key to China’s war industry and should be seized when the opportunity arises! The rest of the industry centers to the further south will be next.
71strategicmap.jpg

That certainly is a nice and spacious Mongolia. Of course, ever nomad needs his own hundred acres of fertile grazing. You might need to expand some more. ;)

Couldn't agree more! The WC is for the sake of animals! Man has taken a share too large and need a righteous man to correct this injustice! Go Mongol Korps!! Go!:p

Have you thought of begging Stalin to give the 'bad' generals to your care?:cool:
You could receive some soviet immigrants with some use this time...
Just copy the leader names from the purge events. :D

Have you thought of begging Stalin to give the 'bad' generals to your care?:cool:
You could receive some soviet immigrants with some use this time...
Just copy the leader names from the purge events. :D

I prefer Mongolian generals, else the Great Khan might get confuse. :rofl: Russia after all was enemy and conquered by Khan. It is already unfortunate the key general & Chief of Staff is a Russian but that is the reality in 20th century:(

demokratickid said:
A good objective, that IC shouls help you immensly...

Oh yes, how true! Current Mongolian IC (and MP) are not matching with the size of their ambition :)

The Path to Sichuan Valley - Den of the Dragon!

It is time to execute the grand plan to capitulate China! If Hannibal could cross the Alps to take the Romans by surprise in Italy itself, Mongols can surely pull off a similar surprise on China! The dragon shall fall!

April 11th, 1938
Lt Gen Choibalsan: We have captured Kangding but the cut-off Chiang’s forces are trying to barge thru us to make their escape east. They outnumber us three to one!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Destroy them now before they slip away… all forces attack!

Combined Mongol and SU forces attacks from three adjacent regions of Korla, Golmund and Xining to give the trapped Chiang’s army the death kneel in the mountains of Yushu. Amid the breath-taking landscape of the northern Tibet region, another 30,000 Chinese troops find their way to unmarked graves all over the mountain slopes.
72yushu.jpg

May 9th, 1938 (1st encounter, Battle of Ya'an)
Choybalsan (Intel): General, after more than two months of trekking, our light militia army has finally crossed the difficult mountain range of Ya’an overlooking the enemy position in Sichuan valley! There is only one division in the capital and that is all. Everything else is not defended! The closest threat is from Tianshui province where four enemy divisions routed our recon militia division.
73yaan1.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Good! My army have been set to respond the moment if they come under fire and they are already on the way there supporting the defence of Ya’an which is ours! Due to their diligent preparations, we’ll be there in half the usual time!

Choybalsan: Superb, it means our army will be in Sichuan before Chiang could respond! He should have learnt by now that mountain ranges are no barrier to us Mongols! The harsher the terrain, the better our odds!

Chimid: We may have lost the 1st battle of Ya’an but it is still under our control, let’s get moving before we lose the edge!

May 29th, 1938 (2nd encounter, Battle of Ya'an)
Mj. Gen Tsendenbal (Commander of Mongol 4th Div): Oh no, we were under fire the moment we reached here! Enemy positions from north, east and south are all after our blood!
74yaan2.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Fall back first, my main army is coming! We need every Mongolian men to be alive to fight another day!

Jun 9th, 1938 (3rd encounter, Battle of Ya'an)
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Some Yunnan troops under Chiang took back Ya’an! Take it back!
75yaan3.jpg

Gen. Luvsan: Kill!

Lt. Gen Kuliev: Kill ‘em!

Lt. Gen Badrak: Kill ‘em ALL!

Lt. Gen. Choibalsan: Great! Their blood is oozing out like water from melted ice!

Jun 18th, 1938 (4th and Final encounter, Battle of Ya'an)

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We reached the central position of Ya’an! Hold your positions, everyone!!!
76yaan4redo.jpg

Gen. Luvsan/Lt Gen Kuliev/Lt. Gen Badrak: Men! HOLD ALL POSITIONS WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT! We SHALL PREVAIL!!!

Battle rages on for two days and two nights but as time passes, the Chinese army strength falls and falls. And by June 18th, the Ya’an mountain range that acts as a natural barrier that envelopes the northern and western sides of Sichuan valley has fallen to Mongols!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Soldiers of Khan! Look down the Valley! It is our to take! Chiang’s oasis of hope is no more! :D

Jun 23rd, 1938
It is time for action!
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Attack all adjacent provinces to Ya’an to prevent build up of enemy forces! Ya’an has to be held at all cost when we descend to Sichuan! Raid all their bordering frontlines troops!
77yaan5.jpg

Enemy garrison positions at Kangding, Chengdum Chongqing and Zigong are attacked by hit and run tactics backed by heavy artillery fire from superior mountaintop positions throwing Chiang’s defense into total disarray.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Haha! They only know that something came from the mountains and it hit them hard!! Look at them flee!

Gen. Luvsan: Our troops are recuperating slowly in this mountain base with all the constant defensive attacks that we need to do. If I were to rate the infrastructure of Ya’an between 0 and 100%, I give it a 2.5%!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Then we need to go forward faster to recuperate in better environment else we gonna rot in the mountains here! The valley below is a sure far cozier than up here!

Jun 24th, 1938
A TIME TO STRIKE!
78chengduhorizon.jpg

Gen. Luvsan: To where general? The ancient Chinese city of Chengdu is just downhill! Their city walls can be seen at the horizon!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Yes, it is the closest and most obvious choice! And it looks like after our previous brief attack on their position, they have not return yet and the city is open!

Choybalsan (Intel): Chengdu is super heavily populated with significant war industry, more than Mongolia before the war! A worthy addition to Khan’s empire! All these men here probably fled the war from the Japanese not knowing they will bump into us! They have nowhere to run and shall serve us loyally or else!

Dagva (Minister of Security): Oh, I’m sure my methods can convert them! I didn’t earn the Prince of Terror tag for nothin’! MuhahahAHA! :rofl:

Right, so we seem to be having trouble? :rofl:
Well, agreed with Enewald, the Soviets would be useful about now... :D

Enewald said:
Mongols have again problems with chinese forts?
Use artillery!
Or conquer them with soviet flesh wall.

Haha! Forts??? These ancient walls shall be preserved by Mongols as a testament that walls cannot stop Mongols from coming, last time and present! Artillery is an overkill. :)

Descend of the hordes of terror!

Nobody would want to look at a hill and see this sight raging towards you...
79mountainhordes.jpg

June 26th, 1938...
Lt. Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Mongol Korpus): Ready your mounts! We shall descend on Chengdu at dawn break and teach them what they have forgotten in history! That Khan are the legitimate rulers of China as China was greatest under his reign! Submit or be destroyed!

Darkness descended on Chengdu the morning of June 26th, 1938. The military garrison has fled the city leaving it into the mercy of the Mongol hordes of Lt. Gen Choibalsan. The million people population surrendered meekly to the mounted troops of terror!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): With populace of Chengdu is under our control, we manage to get many new recruits who ‘volunteer’ to join our army boosting our available manpower! Previously we’re getting 40 recruits a day from the lands of the empire, now it will be 60men a day! A hefty 50% increase to supply the army of men!! We’re also working on rebuilding Chengdu industry as well to serve us sooner!
80chendulanzhou.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Good progress from the front lines! Great job Chimid and Dagva!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): As we speak, my army took an opportunity to attack another objective Lanzhou to the north as the majority of the garrison has fled probably due to our advance south of their position! Another key prize for taking!

July 3rd, 1938
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Chiang has sent Yunnan reinforcement to Lanzhou before we could capture the city. But they are all armed with WWI antiques! Vanquish them!

Gen. Luvsan: Eat Mongol lead and arrows! Our ancient arrows are greater than your WW1 muskets!
81lanzhou.jpg

And once again, Chiang’s warlord army is beaten back!

July 9th, 1938
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Chiang’s army is approaching Chongqing and our army is not strong enough to take on the capital and hold it if we were to divide our forces to hold both Ya’an and Sichuan Valley simultaneously unless more SU troops arrives to at least hold Ya’an position. So far only one SU Mountain division has joined us.

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): But Chongqing is practically an open city! We got to ravage it if we cannot have it now! We need to demoralize Chiang’s army and deprive them of their powerhouse! This capital city alone produces almost 2x more guns and military supplies than whole of Mongolian empire combined! :eek:

Chimid (Chief of Staff): I heard you loud and clear, you certainly has Mongolian rage inside your veins! Send our Keshik division in Chengdu to savage it to disrupt their war industrial effort!

82chongqingattack.jpg

Lt. Gen Choibalsan: Yeehaw!! I love doing this Mongy slash and burn things! Listen up my rider warriors of destiny! Our given objective is to raid the Chinese capital just like the old days. :D We come, we pillage & burn and we leave! Mount your horses once more! Chongqing is only two days away from Chengdu!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): He loves his job, that's great!!

Nice AAR!
*subscribes*

My pleasure! This is simply a tribute to Khan the conquerer! :p

Enewald said:
One third of your soldiers come from that city?
Hmm, soon Mongol army will turn out to be Chinese army.

Assimilation has begun! Chinese are people of Mongolia! Kublai Khan rule China and most of Asia from Beijing in the 13th century and that is where Marco Polo have an audience with the one great ruler of the East.

demokratickid said:
Excellent! That 16 IC will be a major boon to Mongolia!

For now, not enough men to capture & defend it. :( It just gonna be a savage raid to destroy the IC! Got to destroy Chiang's war economy.