• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I approve Myths demand, to the sea, to the sea!!!!
Somehow the map begins to look like it was during 3th century... Shu Han/Mongolia coming from east, Wu taking hard blows from Wei/japs and mongolians. :D

What they said...
TO THE SEA!

Yes, yes! Sons of Khans are under tremondous pressure to deliver!! Wanna smell salty breeze and hear tranquility of the splashing ocean.

E. Jünger said:
Great job so far, last time I saw Star Trek II, I thought of a similar idea, with an almost identical name, but you beat me too it, all talk and no writing that I am
well, you can still start a parellel AAR Wrath of Khan, that title is not taken yet, mine ie Wraith of Khan...err, by accident ;)

Enewald said:
Somehow the map begins to look like it was during 3th century... Shu Han/Mongolia coming from east, Wu taking hard blows from Wei/japs and mongolians.
Hope to make it look like 13th century asap, one color on the map from ocean to ocean :p

Labor Day just started 9 mins ago, hey its time to forget about work and concentrate on Hoi2! Yahoo!!!

Battle of Yangtze II

Dec 3rd, 1938
The first element of the Mongol Army cross the Yangtze at Zhaotung to hold the bridgehead created by Soviet.

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Holy Khan! Now it is OUR turn to take a beating from Chiang after our Soviet comrades! Their attack are tenacious! It shows how bad they wanna stop us from crossing Yangtze! We’re definitely made the right choice that scared the shit out of them!
107yangtzelose2.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Fall back first, we gotta regroup and arrive with stronger numbers! Chiang’s men numbers like ants! They are all over us! Back to Zigong!:eek:o

Dec 23rd, 1938
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I heard you got out-numbered at Yangtze crossing! Here, two more infantry divisions with improved artillery! How does that sound?

Chimid (Chief of Staff): I’m salivating! Our army size I think finally surpass the 100,000 mark!
108tradetwomore.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Yeah, more men, more fighting dicks!!! Thrust ‘em forward!

Jan 4th, 1939

Chimid (Chief of Staff): A new year, a new resolution. And it is to get all our asses across the river. Just freaking cross it no matter the cost!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Forward, men! Swim across, jump across or just walk across...whatever!
110crossing1.jpg

Choybalsan (Intel): Four divisions of Chiang’s army just re-captured Chongqing and remade it their capital! Only one militia team that stayed back could not push them out!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Oops, we just lost our base industrial output capacity which I called “IC” in short from 17 to 12! You know what I mean, “IC”?

Chimid (Chief of Staff): I see what? Nevermind that! Crossing Yangtze and securing that point is our future and prime imperative! My Soviets brothers lining up around Chongqing can help re-take the city back at any time!

Jan 12th, 1939
The Great Mongolian army finally reached the southern bank of Yangtze!
Chimid (Chief of Staff): We are here and are here to stay!!! Hold your ground! WE ARE SPARTaa… I mean MONGOLS!!!

Choybalsan (Intel): Chiang is throwing waves and waves of men at us from 15 divisions!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Yes, but the Chinese multi-prong attack are faltering! All for a lost hope! I smell victory and fall of China!

A day of bloody battle took place. For the Chinese of course…
111yangtzewins.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We prevailed!! Btw, I didn’t know Chinese troopers have a suicidal tendency, else what the heck are they doing in Chongqing. Stalin ain’t gonna give ‘em a chance! 40000 cannot stand against 100000+!

Jan 14th – 23rd, 1939
Chimid (Chief of Staff): With the Chinese army still licking their wounds in their failed assault, it is a ripe time of a counter-attack!

Choybalsan (Intel): Correct, their army organizational levels are low in disarray with many wounded!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): No mercy then! Attack! To Fuling ….to Zunyi … to Anshun… to Fuling and Zunyi again.....and to Fuling once more!
112yangtzeoffense.jpg

In a series battles that lasted a fortnight, Mongol smaller army triumphs over the Chinese masses!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We have secured a bridgehead! Chiang’s army are in full retreat all around us! Chongqing has been secured back!

Choybalsan (Intel): And Chiang change their capital once more, this time to Kunming, former capital of annexed Yunnan state! And if I recall history, Kunming is truly founded by Mongols as an administrative center for Yunnan! :mad:

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): To Kunming then!!! Time to reclaim it back!

Btw, what is your dynasty going to be called? :cool:
You can't be a democracy... :rolleyes:
Most of the Mongol surely have not seen that much water in one place as they watch at Yangtze. :p

Btw, what is your dynasty going to be called? :cool:
You can't be a democracy... :rolleyes:
Most of the Mongol surely have not seen that much water in one place as they watch at Yangtze. :p
Haha, the last mongol dynasty is Yuan. Maybe Yuan II Dynasty:rofl: The Yangtze is probably like an ocean for the Mongols!

Pwn*Star said:
Apparently they've got some quite large lakes over there
Didn't realise till I check out the site. But its salt-water. Yangtze is still a better thirst quencher :rofl:

demokratickid said:
January seems to be a good month for Mongolia...
Oh, the coming months are better when i post the update tomorrow :D
It's always good news!

Myth said:
Well the Chinese are fighting hard. Who'd have thought?
The didn't need to fight that hard, just bring lots of them and stand there on Mongol path of advance and it will already be difficult especilly in the mountain terrains! There are stacks of fivers all over. Not sure how Chimid's 10 divisions going to push thru all that, but will try. All the way to the sea! yay!

Reclaimation of Kunming.... and whole of Yunnan!!

Jan 18th, 1939
As the battle at Yangtze crossing was fought, back in Ulan Bator…
Lhumbe (Armaments): I proudly announce breakthrough in our industry technology with the discovery of Basic Machine Tools!
113basictools.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Good job.. Hey wait a minute. Did you say ‘Basic’?? At this age?! I thought the industrial revolution occured a century ago!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Well, err… nevermind that, but I mean BASICally we improve output by 5%. We are now going into Improved Machine Tools!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): OK, that sounds better!

114kunmingposter.jpg

Jan 25th, 1939
Chimid (Chief of Staff): We’re all geared now for an attack towards Kunming!

Choybalsan (Intel): Precisely! A city made prosperous by Mongols belongs to Mongols! Had it not for us, Kunming is nothing more than a tribal village!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): We made Kunming the provincial capital for Yunnan back in the days of Kublai Khan but in the year of 1300, the Chinese rebelled and threw us off. They even walled the city to keep us out!

Choybalsan (Intel): But walls have never kept us out!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): The citizen of Kunming should repent when we arrive or else….

Jan 28th, 1939
Chimid (Chief of Staff): The province of Qujing stands between us and Kunming! Forward, men!

Choybalsan (Intel): Be warned! Four mountain divisions to crack!

Battle in the mountains of Yunnan ensued!
115bloodyqujing.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Battle doesn’t look good! We’re taking horrible losses!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Halt attack! We gotta find another way! They are dug-in…deep!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): We took a terrible loss of almost 5000 men! That is a lost of a half a division! Kunming shall pay for this!

Feb 7th, 1939
Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): We some deception to draw out the Qujing defenders!

Choybalsan (Intel): Yes, that is what Genghis would have done.

The Anshun province to the east was attacked by Mongols and taken by a light militia force by Feb 23rd.

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Haha! Just as we suspect, the Qujing defenders raced out of their foxhole to claim back Anshun! The time is ripe for counterattack!!
ATTACK!!!
116qujingflank.jpg

Feb 24rd, 1939
Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Qujing attackers broke off their attack of Anshun but their defense have been compromised! Finish ‘em off!!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): You guys are briliant, the Mongolian warrior instinct!
117qujingwins.jpg

By March 13th, Qujing is captured by the weary but victorious army of Khan!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): The path to Kunming is clear! After exactly 639 years, it is payback time!

Mar 15th, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): That guy in Germany is doing his thing again with his mighty pen. With some meetings and treaties, he chopped a country into two and get to keep on half of it. But with the other half a puppet state, he practically owns them all! How he do it??!! He’s way ahead in foreign policy skill!
118endofczech.jpg

Mar 22nd, 1939
Battle for Kunming...
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Three enemy divisions stands before us and Kunming! Assault the last defenders, they cannot stop us from reaching the city!

Kunming outer perimeter garrison didn’t stand a chance against the revenge of the Mongols! The path to the city gates is cleared!
119kunmingfall.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): I see a big pool of potential recruits from this city! I am sure there are Mongolian blood in some of the citizens, just waiting to be freed!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): By cutting south to Wenshan, Yunnan will be totally cut off from the rest of China. Isolated and out of supply, the rest of Yunnan will be some bloody mop up operations.

Choybalsan (Intel): Correct, Nine Chiang’s division including the three from Kunming who fled west will be finished off.

Very nice, a Yunnan pocket. At least you've cut off that bit of China for sure from Japanese conquest. Is Guangxi Clique neutral to you, btw, or is it hostile?

Very nice, a Yunnan pocket. At least you've cut off that bit of China for sure from Japanese conquest. Is Guangxi Clique neutral to you, btw, or is it hostile?

Hostile you bet. They were all under the unified front against Japan. Declare war on one, you declare on all.:eek:

Kunming are ours! And Mao is a goner...

Mar 22nd, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Great job at Kunming! As a reward, two more divisions backed by modern artillery for you, General Chimid!! As we get stronger, we could afford more of these from Uncle Joe!
120twomore.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Yummy! We need every division we could muster as we’re outnumbered in the battlefield!

Mar 24th, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): That Hitler guy again claimed more and more land for himself! He kept on doing it! Soon all of Europe shall be claimed by him!
121kingzog.jpg

Two days later…
Amar (Head of State): Look, Hitler action inspired others to do the same! Now Italy’s Mussolini is attempting the same. Wait, the outcome is different. Albania rather go to war! Hahaha! Copy-cat action fails!! :rofl:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): You see, not all can emulate Hitler. He always get what he asked for! Just drop his signatures here and there, he gets to owned everything. He got the magic pen of power??! :confused:

Mar 30th, 1939
KUNMING... the inevitable...
122kunmingwalls.jpg

Lt. Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korps): The old Mongol city of Kunming is ahead of us! Storm it!!!

Kunming civil defenders didn’t stand a chance against the raging calvary army of the Mongols and the city falls intact as the citizen of Kunming did not want an unspeakable repercussion of fighting back too hard!

123kunmingcaptured.jpg

Lt. Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korps): The city of Kunming is once again ours! The people here have resigned their fate into my hands!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Oh goody.. goody!! Recruit them into our army! There are lotsa Mongol blood and heritage in this city of Khan.

Lt. Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korps): We have also repulse a puny counter-attack from the west. Yunnan eternally is ours and will stay that way!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Once our militia troopers captured Wenshan to the south cutting Chiang’s Yunnan army off, the Western China campaign is considered wrapped up!

April 14th, 1939
Action to the north at Mao’s stronghold. Former stronghold that is…

Chimid (Chief of Staff): The Japanese managed to breached Mao’s defences, let’s take the opportunity to take Yan’an for ourselves! Raced up the mountains! Mao should be put to trial for going against us. Japanese should have no business here!

124yanan.jpg

However by April 18th, 1939…
Choybalsan (Intel): Opps! The Japs beat us to it! Damn!!:mad: And Chiang do the usual business of taking over Mao's army and land. Mao deserve it for fighting against his comrades!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We will let it be for now, we have higher value targets in southern China.

Hitler is cheating by annexing neighbours without war!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, I'm always bothered by how forumviewers say my gamingstyle is gamey while letting Hitler using EU III diploannexation without a word!

The Communist Chinese territory is a nice defensive position for any future war with the Japanese.