• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Burn Urumqi... burn!!

47urumqiburnss.jpg

Lt Gen Choibalsan: Gosh, we did it! Urumqi is safely in out hands! Well, not much of it after we plunder and burn it, muahahahaAAA!

Chimid: Our first major victory. It is the beginning of the resurgence of the Mongol army! I have done my job well! Oh, hello Gen Shicai! Your troops abandon you to face the wrath of the Mongol hordes!

Gen. Sheng Shicai (Head of Sinkiang): Oh, pleasssse spare me. Please don’t tie my limbs to four horses and make them run in four separate direction!!:eek:

Lt Gen Choibalsan: Gosh, that is awesome! :D Didn’t happen for ages and now you’re giving me ideas with my horses!

Chimid: But wait a minute, he could be useful as a military researcher to aid modernization of Mongol army as he has some useful skill that we could use!

Gen. Sheng Shicai: Boohoohoo!! Spare me! In exchange I present to you the whole state of Sinkiang and I swear my allegiance to the great Mongolian people!

Luvsanshara: Good news from the battle front, Chimid! The people are rejoicing of our first victory!

Chimid: Yes, Sinkiang has capitulated but we have 9 Chiang Kai Shek divisions wandering in the wilderness. They look dis-orientated and lost so they should be easy picking! Gen Sheng Shicai is our prisoner and shall be used to further the great Mongolian cause! We also capture a huge stockpile of industrial resources, it looks like Chiang put all their reserves here, far away from the Japs!

Luvsanshara: But too close to us! :) What a nice plunder! I shall leave the rest of the killing to you, good job!!

48sinkiangannex.jpg

Luvsanshara: With all these newly plundered tens of thousand units of energy, metal and rare resources from Urumqi depot, it is time to start shopping for some serious military hardware! More infantry weapons & gears to equipped two full divisions with artillery brigade! This is really the true reward of plundering! Genghis has been sooOOO smart! He’s the MAN!!
49twoinfantry.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): Whoah! Our troops finally learn how to dig trenches when the are idling! Amazing! But should I be surprise?! Hmmm…
50basicconst.jpg

Amar (Head of State): The Japs reorganises Inner Mongolia?! What right they have!! This Mengkukuo belongs to us!

Luvsanshara: An utter outrage! I’m sure they cannot wait to come to our fold!
51mengkukuo.jpg

Choybalsan: Intelligence shows that the Chinese are reinforcing Golmund substantially.

Chimid: We got to get our asses moving. It’s like almost 800 miles from here Urumqi to Golmund.
52golmunddefend.jpg

Chimid: The last remnants of Chiang’s forces are wiped off Sinkiang by joint Mongolian and Soviets forces. All about 90,000 of them! There are plenty of open land to bury their fallen. What we don’t bury the vultures we do the clean up job.

Luvsanshara: Brutally perfect!
53sinkiangcleanup.jpg

Lhumbe: Our transport capacity is taking an hit due to troop patrols on the Sinkiang’s vast open rugged lands.

Luvsanshara: A reasonable proposition is to give up some of the Sinkiang border lands to Soviets in return of their assistance so we are freed from guarding those useless barren mountain ranges that holds partisan activities. Well we will ask for tech assistance in return for the lands. Seems like a win-win situation, huh? More like WIN-win situation, the bigger win on our side! :)

54tradeprovinces.jpg

Last edited:
Trading land away!
Oh my gosh! :eek:

Pwn*Star said:
Then great Khaaaan is rolling in his grave right now...

This is WC, eventually...EVENTUALLY ALL ARE KHAN's! Due to obvious strategic reasons, let someone else be the caretaker first :) These two bordering provinces are small giveaways compared to the total land area that shall be seized!

L Lawliet said:
More like drilling the mountain he's buried in.
Errr.... based on this alternate history, Khan's grave has already been drilled open! :p Opps!! You can't stop people who just want to come and see and pay their respect! :)

Huh, convoy sailing doctrine? You're already looking across oceans and seas even though you're still hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometers away. That's pretty far-sighted. Just make sure you don't trip in the short run. ;)

Huh, convoy sailing doctrine? You're already looking across oceans and seas even though you're still hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometers away. That's pretty far-sighted. Just make sure you don't trip in the short run. ;)

My thoughts exactly! :D

demokratickid said:
My thoughts exactly!

Japan, enemy of the ages is just across the Sea of err... Japan which means this tech is important! The Modern Khan shall not fail where their predecessor Kublai Khan failed in his attempt to take Japan! So it is just one of the very early preparation :) It is a must-have tech in the long run. I mean when UK and US also falls to Mongol's reign, the supply convoys are really important ;)
For every little trip, Mongols shall leapt back to make up! KHAAAAAAAANN!!!

Golmund, here we come!!!

55qumul.jpg

Chimid: Whip your horses, we got to cover hundreds of miles to Golmund! Those with no horses, whip your own butt! March.. March... MARCH!!! To glory!!

Lt Gen Choibalsan: Onward to the next target of pillage and plunder!

By early November...

Chimid: We have reached Dunhuang province, adjacent to Golmund. The capital is too heavily defended to take on directly. We shall feign an attack east of Golmund threatening to cut off the defenders from the rest of China! And when they respond and leave the city walls, we take our prize!

Gen Luvsan (Commander of Mongol 2nd Armija): Attack shall commence immediately, only one division defending the province to the east, Xining!
56xining.jpg

Four days later...

Gen Luvsan: Haha, it works! Five foolish divisions left for Xining to protect their lines of supply leaving 4 divisions behind! We can assault Golmund now!!

On Nov 15th, Mongol forces attacked Golmund and Soviets followed suit with full fury of 10 divisions in the unforgiving marshes of Golmund.
57golmundattack.jpg

The outcome is decisive, nothing stands again the will of the Khans backed by Soviet armor and motorized infantry! Holy Khan! It is an unexpected help from Stalin!

The Khans may be great, but for the moment Stalin is still the arbiter of success. ;)

Haha, Obviously Stalin is been used! With Sinkiang in Mongolian hands, all teritory south of that will turn to Mongolian lands irrespective of Mongol or SU advance. But obviously Mongols are the ones leading, the SU troops moving at slower pace will naturally defend the flanks.
The bulk of the SU forces are at south Mongolia sunning themselves in the heat of the Gobi Desert. :) Japan is also toying around there facing off Chinese near CommChi territory. Deserts territory with 10-20% infra is exchanging hands furiously while Khan goes for fat juicy cities.
When Temujin is young before he becomes the Great Khan, he has to foster alliances to consolidate power. The current Mongol nation is in the same situation. A growing 10-IC nation will need all the help he can gets, especially from one that has >200IC!!

To the Gates of Golmund!

58khangolmund.jpg

Leading the pack to Golmund is Lt. Gen Choibalsan’s Keshik Mongol Korpus. On the Dec 2nd after two weeks of charging battles, the Keshik mounted division reaches the gates of Golmund and captured the dispirited city.

Lt. Gen Choibalsan: General Chimid, the city of Golmund is in our hands but it could not be secured until we receive reinforcements! Getting heavy fire from east and southern flanks!

Chimid: Hang on there, soldier! Help is on the wayyy!

Lt. Gen Choibalsan: Oh no, our horses are under fire! I love my horses, don’t let them die!!! General, our main force have to withdraw! The Chinese will be hesitate to retake their city as they fear us and our mere shadows! The foot grunts better be here fast! For now the city is ours held by a band of our bravest troopers! The Xibei San Ma government here has collapse completely and Chiang’s army is taking charge!
59golmundfall.jpg

On the 15th Dec, three Mongolian divisions reached Golmund.
60golmunddefend.jpg

Gen Luvsan: We have reached Golmund and is under immediate attack. But we manage to completely repulse the enemy! City is secured. But we have a dozen enemy division gathering on the outskirts!

Chimid: I’m coming with three more divisions, ETA Dec 22nd!

61golmundsecure.jpg

Gen Luvsan: We did a great job in seizing Golmund with minimum losses my fellow soldiers! Yet another city to plunder to the ground! Reap the rewards, yeah!!! Another fallen state to present to our legendary ancestor, Genghis Khan. He would be proud of us!

Troops: KHAN!! KHANN!! KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!

Thousands of miles away…
Luvsanshara: Geez!! I can hear the cheers and applause from Ulan Bator! You guys must be partying big time after a day of plunder!! :rofl:

Why plunder lands belonging to the Khan?
And what of assuming control over soviet military? :cool:

Plundering is their first nature :) After the plundering, you let the surviving local populace rebuilt them at their own effort, under the Mongolian flag of course :D

To control the Soviets? Oh my, that will be like playing Uncle Joe! :eek:
My personal rule is military control of puppets only. For e.g., it is nice to puppet Japan to inherit her navy, IJN :cool:

Myth said:
Whoo, the first of the warlords have fallen!

It's the 2nd, Sinkiang is first :) But actually the 2nd warlord got absorbed into Natchi as Chiang annexed Xibei San Ma. Too small of an army to take two VP provinces simutaneously to annex the state. Well it least, Golmund the prize is what matters.

Excellent work! The Khans shall once more reign supreme! :D

gianlucad said:

:D u happy, me happy, khan happy :D

Pwn*Star said:
The great Khaan is pleased by your progress, but he fears that you have become too dependent on the Soviets!
Khan better be please, it is all for HIM! :p
For all major offensives so far, didn't depend on Soviet. For Golmind battle for example, 7 out of 10 divisions attacking the defenders are Mongol for example, was surprise when a SU General lead the battle instead of Mongol's Gen Chimid! Uncle Joe mass army stacks however attract an almost equal Chiang's army in static face off with Japanese joining in. Well, let them party while Mongol lead the charge into China's interior!:rofl: