• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Darn, the requisite 'KHAAAAAAAAAAN!' joke has already been posted! Looks interesting, though, not many Mongolian AARs..

By the way, did you realize that your title says the 'Wraith' of Khan? I assume you meant the Wrath of Khan. Wraith would indicate a ghost of some sort... unless you're planning to have Temujin's ghost appear..

Man! You're right! It should have been wrath! Damn Warcraft! How did that ghostly creature sneak into Hoi2! Title idea was from the 2nd movie title of Star Trek by the way, if you guys still remember the decades old show!

The Mongol will strike the enemy's (all are enemy except commie comrades) weakest point and from there build their strength up. Remember the starting IC is pathetic 6/5 and Mongol need to be able to defend her holdings, i.e. take defendable conquests first. Former Chin empire region may not come first but eventually all of Asia and finally the world shall be Khan's. :D

China and India are required to solve Mongol's manpower woes, so Moghulistan, you bet gonna happen! Genghis and the following Khans didnt touch Indian subcontinent and Timur the Lame just raided Delhi. Things will be certainly different this time!! :p

I think you should get cores on whatever the Mongols conquered back then. We all know that they secretly want to be ruled from Ulan Bator ;)

I think you should get cores on whatever the Mongols conquered back then. We all know that they secretly want to be ruled from Ulan Bator ;)

Yeah, who do not want to be part of the greatest empire ever! :) Anyway, it will make the game too easy with cores everywhere as it will be like playing with full IC takeover since the Khans has almost the whole of Asia :eek:

1936 highlights

With new found freedom, it is time to trade and do diplomatic deals!! At cabinet meeting...

12sutrade.jpg

Genden (Foreign): Good news! Despite a slight drop in relation due to recent event, Moscow still gives us freebies! Looks like Stalin wants to continue to get our support. They need us!

Amar (Head of State): That’s simply superb. I can feel the whole world wanting to be associated with the great Mongolia nation!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We need to improve our relationship with Soviet so we can get more freebies and buy equipment at discount from their vast arsenal. We will attempt to trade our supplies to raise cash to influence Soviet positively. We need $$$!!!

$$$ come....
13trades.jpg

Genden (Foreign): After four tries, we manage to get this deal through! Just offered Uncle Joe a little bit more this time.

14mobilitytrade.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Oh man, I need this! With their assistance, the troop training will take up half the time!

Genden (Foreign): Hope your Soviet comrades can help get us a better discount next time! We’re suppose to be in the same boat!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): I’m sure of that at times of war, not peace!

The year of 1936 has not much of action, i.e. no bloodshed.:) Here are the highlight from the rest of the year's cabinet meetings:-

15226.jpg

Genden (Foreign): Crush what?!

Choybalsan (Intel): As long it is not us, that is most important!

Feb-28th
Genden (Foreign): Wow, uncle Joe is trying get us to be more like them, I’ll say we do not need it actually. We do not need drafting as people volunteers nowadays! The youth recruits are more than happy to be part of the great Mongol army!
16standingarmy.jpg

Mar-11th
Amar (Head of State): To demonstrate the might of the Mongol, we shall declare that we guarantee the independence of our brothers Soviets and Tanna Tuva! Only the bold can make such claims!
17guarantee.jpg

Mar-15th
Choybalsan (Intel): The Chiang Kai Shiek guy who is trying to beat up our comrade Chairman Mao is choosing peace. They must have heard that we may come to our commie brother rescue! Those cowards…!
18xian.jpg

June-6th
Genden (Foreign): This Chiang Kai Shiek always gets into trouble. That is what happens to enemy of Mongolia! Anyway it is between two enemies, all the better! Easier for us to pick on their pieces.
19cliquewar.jpg

June-24th
Genden (Foreign): Now even UK is sucking up to us! They want to be our trade friends.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We shall reject dealings with the capitalist imperialist!
20tradeukjap.jpg

July-15th
Genden (Foreign): Now even Japan, our eternal enemy of the ages wants to become friends,

Choybalsan (Intel): We should accept to feign a ‘friendship’ and stab them in their back when the time is ripe!

July-23rd
21spanish.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Wow, can’t wait for us to be doing this! We got to show how heroic Mongolians are!

Aug-21st
Genden (Foreign): We got a deal!! Costly but necessary.
22trade2.jpg

Aug-28th
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Our army have completed their training and boosting organization levels by 70%! Future battles will be in our favour!
23mobilitydone.jpg

Sept-14th
Genden (Foreign): Our allies Tannu Tuva came bearing gifts to us as a sign of respect!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): There have accepted the fact that we’re Uncle Joe right hand man, not them. Hahaha!!

Oct-14th
Genden (Foreign): Looks like they had enough of killing of each other.

24cliquewarend.jpg

Choybalsan (Intel): Chiang Kai Shiek can’t make up his mind what he wants to do, already two wars and two peace treaties within a year. If we’re at war with him, we ain’t gonna give him a chance. China will be ours, just like the old days during the reign of Kublai Khan! Once ours, forever ours!

A storm brewing...

It is the year 1937. And the Mongols are getting restless.
Amar (Head of State): A new year calls for a new war cabinet reshuffle! Battle cries are imminent, we gotto be prepared!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Some heads got to go to fit into Mongol long term plans! Genden, you’re the 1st on the chopping board,

Genden (Foreign): But why?! I am a contributor and in the news for most of 1936!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We need someone who can suck up to Uncle Joe at minimum cost as we need to build our relationship to the next level. I can do it at a bargain, not you! Moreover you’re in the news too much, more than me. So I shall take over your job! Muahahaha!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Next is the man who is NOT is the news, Mr Damdinsüren our Security Minister who shall be replaced with Mr Dogsam a Compassionate Gentleman who may assist is subduing the people’s resistance to future Mongol rule!

Damdinsuren: Boohoohoo! Nobody loves me!!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): General Chimid, we’ll like to relieve the burden of you commanding the army personally yourself. It is better if we have Mongolian blood as head of Army to ensure he can connect better with the soldiers.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): As long I am still the armed forces boss, I’m absolutely OK! I nominate Dagva who believes in Guns and Butter doctrine is up to the job!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I’m no fan of butter but I love the gun part. He’s in!

The new 'WAR' Cabinet of 1937.
251937cabinet.jpg

Luvsanshara: Time to bring the Soviet relations to astronomical levels. Only with that, we could get better assistance from them to realize our own empire! With my superior skill, we just need to spent $61 each week for 15 weeks and our relationship will be so close that Stalin won’t mind me going to bed with him! That thought is yucky but it will pay eventually!

26influencesu.jpg

Chimid: Behold!! The world shall fear us! We have modern infantry finally!! The hordes are coming!!
27earlyinfantry.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): A problem General. Even with this new technology to make better weapons, the infantry cost is too costly, more than the entire industrial output of Mongolia for 3 months just for one freaking division, we can train recruits off the streets at a fraction of the cost and time to get some militiamen! My ingenious assessment show the ratio of cost of infantry to militia is 6.7 to 3.8!

Chimid: Oh man! That is not good but better than nothing! Train somebody as long as they can carry a gun and rush headlong into the battlefield! I'm sure many wants to join Genghis Khan in the afterworld!

28militia.jpg

Mar-17th
Luvsanshara: Hey, people out there is ganging up on us. I sense blood spill in the coming months!
29tripact.jpg

Apr-19th
Luvsanshara: When are we getting our experience?!! Chimid, are we ready? HelloooOO?!
30spanishends.jpg

Apr-25th
Luvsanshara: What we cannot build ourselves we just buy! Uh-oh, looks like we cannot afford it… dang!

Chimid: You’re not helping me with this. I got just one each division each of a WW1 infantry and Keshik plus some ragtag militia!
31buyinfantryno.jpg

May-2nd
Luvsanshara: Let’s settle for something more affordable!
32buyconsttech.jpg

May-10th
Chimid: Progress on troop supply logistics! Will certainly required it for victory!
33rearsupplydone.jpg

June-4th
Luvsanshara: It’s official!! WWII has begun right at our borders! Seven centuries ago, Marco Polo traveled the ancient Silk Road to meet up with Kublai Khan, grandson of Genghis Khan at the height of Mongolian power to pay his tribute! I wonder if the incident at Marco Polo Bridge is a reminder to us that the time to act is now!

Choybalsan: Intelligence shows that it is Japanese pretext for aggression. We have to be wary of our neighbor's intention. I sense that we’re get into something reaaaaal soon! Hmm... why do I feel a great sense of joy? As though something we like to do for a looong time is about to happen! :D
34marcobridge.jpg

Ooh, the Second Sino-Japanese War has begun! This is, of course, a time of great opportunity if you're daring enough to grasp it.

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaann has arrived!

A CRY FOR WAR!!!

June-9th
Luvsanshara: The Japs are dishing our friendship. It doesn’t matter now!

35japanstoptrade.jpg

June-15th
Choybalsan (Intel): Chiang’s government manage to rally all the Chinese warlords into their fold to fight the Japanese! Even our commie brother Mao joined them! This is not good, how can our comrades join hands with the despicable Chiang!

36unitedfront.jpg

Luvsanshara: There is blood spilling at our borders, we cannot be sitting idling, I want a piece of the action!

Amar (Head of State): I say we strike west like what Genghis did before us to get our share of the spoils of war! Chinese will not stand a chance against a two prong attack from Mongol and Japan! Japan I feel is too strong for now. General Chimid?

Chimid: Sinkiang will be a perfect target as the center of their government is right on our border. If that falls, Sinkiang is ours and we’ll double the size of Mongolia for an early gain!

Luvsanshara: That sounds too good to be true! Yippee! To war, finally!

Amar (Head of State): Perfeecct!! I want blood!!!

Luvsanshara: Sinkiangnese! Here we come! Bam-bam!!! You occupied what was once land of Genghis Khan! Pay your allegiance to us or be destroyed!
Nah, we destroy them anyway whatever their answer…

Declaration of war was made via telegram to Urumqi, Sinkiang
37sinkiangwar.jpg

Gen. Sheng Shicai (Head of Sinkiang): You guys called on me on what again? Declaration of war? Idiots, it suppose to be against the Japs! You send this tele to the wrong number? Foolish barbs! Get your numbers right!

Luvsanshara: Knock2, we’re coming whether you’re ready or not! Hahaha!!

38posterurumqi.jpg

Banzai! Wait, that's Japanese. What would the standard Mongolian saying be for "charge wildly, furiously and with complete at the very dangerous enemy" be? :p

GArhalalaqgagaa!!!

Or in English it is...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!
not Khaaaaaaan! :)

Enewald said:
Hmm, joining the partition of China, hah.
When you conquer enough of Sinkiang Chiang annexes it.

No!! Nobody steals from Khan!! With just one VP, it can be annexed the same hour it is captured! Other Chinese warlord state like Xibei San Ma that has two VP, will be more difficult to coordinate.

Battle for urumqi, sinkiang

Chimid: Our well trained troops have engaged Sinkiang army in the mountain route to Urumqi. We have 5 divisions against their two! We have certainly caught them unprepared! The enemy is more well geared but our tactics and troop numbers are superior!

Luvsanshara: Yes… yes, take down enemy! It’s Khan’s will! We shall rid Sinkiang of a tyrannical warlord and impose a new order! A new WORLD ORDER!
38urrumqi1battle.jpg

Chimid: The outcome is obvious! Run you rats!
39sinkianglose.jpg

Luvsanshara: Whoah!!! All Chinese factions ganging up against us! With our ally comrade Stalin on our side, we shall stand and face them!

40unitedsu.jpg

Choybalsan (Intel): : Japan got a new ally far south, not a problem to us yet. And the warlord territory of Shanxi is annexed by Chiang after it got overran by Japs!

41siamshanxi.jpg

Lt Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Mongol 1st Keshik Calvary Corps):
General, our Keshik recon unit are closing in on the suburbs of Urumqi. Two new enemy divisions just arrived!

Chimid: The 2nd battle will begin! Let’s wipe them out before they know what hit ‘em!
42urumqi2battle.jpg

Lt Gen Choibalsan: Holy Khan! We faced yet another three more enemy divisions in the city of Urumqi itself! Troops, unleash the Mongol fury at them! Slash, maim & kill!!!

Chimid: Whoah!!! There are so many of them to kill! Genghis if he's still around will surely be pleased!
43urumqi3battle.jpg

Less than 24hours later, Sinkiangnese troops were routed. Total seven defeated divisions make their escape from the fallen city. But due to rugged terrain, it will take some time for Mongolian to totally secure Urumqi.

Back at Ulan Bator,

Luvsanshara: Finally we got a deal! Our first modern infantry! Yippee! Chimid, hear this!

Chimid: Looks like we can make do without them in the current battle for Urumqi. It should help in our subsequent campaign!

44firstinfantrytrade.jpg

Chimid: Good to see our Soviet allies have positioned themselves along the southern border of Mongolia holding back the Chinese from Xibai San Ma! We could concentrate on Urumqi!

45susupport.jpg

Back at the battle-front...

Luvsanshara: Holy Khan! It takes quite sometime to secure this single mountain region of Urumqi. Chiang has send reinforcements to Sinkiang! But it looks like Sinkiang gave the wrong direction to Urumqi, they ended up on some barren mountain range east of Urumqi, hahaha!!

Lt Gen Choibalsan: Our Soviets brothers are closing in on Urumqi too, we want the city for ourselves right?

Luvsanshara: That goes without saying! We cannot afford to shed Mongol blood and let someone else take the prize! Gogogo, don’t stop galloping your horses!

Lt Gen Choibalsan: My butt hurts…! :(

46urumqiopen.jpg

KILL THE WESTERNS!!! KILL KILL KILL KILL!!!
oh, by the way, you will need good horsemen. When you get to Poland, keep that in mind....:D