• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TC Pilot

Field Marshal
63 Badges
Aug 23, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
"There are those that have said that I am a murderer, that I am a madman, that I am evil. They may be right. But those people are cowards, weaklings, and fools. They fear me. They fear me because I am that which never dies, which never ceases, always ready to strike at their weakness. And they have many. I have been defeated before, but I will not let that stop me, until I have what I seek. This, I assure you, is not over."​

wrathofstukov2fa6.jpg

Coming Soon...​

:eek:

What'sgoingtohappenwhat'sgoingtohappenwhat'sgoingtohappen?

anonymous4401 said:
:eek:

What'sgoingtohappenwhat'sgoingtohappenwhat'sgoingtohappen?
What he said. Stukov died in his bed in MK. II, didn't he? :eek:

Looks interesting, but what country will he lead.

anonymous4401: :rofl: Nice to see you too.

AOK. 11: It's not really a cliffhanger since the story hasn't even begun yet.

Fulcrumvale: Yes, he did in fact die in Chronological Influences II

GeneralHannibal: You will find out very shortly, sir :)

lifeless: :rofl: That is where I got the character's name from, but their similarities end there.

Patrick O'Harte: Glad to see you're so happy about the prospect.

----------------------------------

January 1st, 1936

Outside the window, snow fell heavily as it usually did this time of year. Already, ice was beginning its slow crawl across the window. The city was already blanketed in a layer of freshly fallen snow, adding a gentle tranquility to the night.

Joseph Stalin sat behind his desk, his work forgotten, smoking thoughtfully on his pipe. Gazing out the window onto the city of Moscow, he was absorbed in deep contemplation.

Stalin had, over the years, fought his way up the ranks, until becoming the supreme leader of the Soviet Union, undisputed and unchallenged by any. He was the Man of Steel, feared and loved by his people. He made remade Russia into a nation reborn out of the ashes of war and chaos.

Yet, his had been haunted as of late by doubts. He suspected disloyalty in Russia. The last vestiges of dissent and treason still lurked like a cancer. And the distant rumblings of conflict to the east and west were ominous signs of trials yet to overcome.

At times like these, alone and after hours of work determining the course of the nation, he would find himself doubting.

The room was suddenly bathed in a sea of eerie blue light coming from behind him. Stalin whirled around in surprise.

Stalin stood in wonder at the sight of a mysterious blue rift. Out of the chaotic storm of light and energy a man emerged, silhouetted by the light of the portal. With a crackling of discharged energy, the portal crumbled and collapsed in on itself, vanishing in wink of light.

"Who are you!?" Stalin demanded forcefully.

"Greetings, Comrade Stalin," the stranger said. "I have a proposition for you."

Déjà vu!

Is this a repeat of number one?

anonymous4401: Indeed it does have some striking similarities with CI 1, but the best way to convince Stalin you're not some crackpot lunatic is by materializing right in front of him through some swirling vortex.

GeneralHannibal: Not quite. Though the country and time frame are identical, the differences in HoI and HoI2 warrant signifiant strategic variations, and thus story variations as well.

-------------------------------------------

January 1st, 1936

"I don't care if you have a proposition for me!" Stalin barked, standing up and putting his pipe aside. "I demand to know who the hell you are!"

"But of course," the stranger said, walking casually up the desk. "I am Alexei Stukov. I am a time traveller, and I have come here now to help you."

Stalin needed more than that to convince him. "And just how can someone like you," he said with a hint of distaste, "Help me?"

Stukov looked himself over. He was dressed in ragged, frayed, and dirty clothes. His hair was a wild, tangled mess and a thin line of facial hair ran along his chin and jaw.

"I admit I may not look like much, but neither did you at one point in your life. As a time traveller, I have something that will benefit you greatly: knowledge. I know everything that will happen to Soviet Russia, and to you."

Still skeptical of this bizarre man, Stalin spoke reluctantly,"And why should you help me?"

Stukov smiled. "Because I believe in the Soviet Union. And because I believe in you. I know that if I can offer you my knowledge, you, comrade Stalin, can lead the Soviet Union to victory. A continental Russia from coast to coast is our destiny! It is our rightful place in the world."

Stalin looked at Stukov thoughtfully. Stukov could see his mind working beneath his eyes, sizing up Stukov and looking for any hints of betrayal or deceit in him.

He could find none.

"Very well, Comrade Stukov. I will accept your help."

Stukov smiled slyly. "You will not regret it."

"I'm sure."

Stukov smiled slyly. "You will not regret it."

"I'm sure."
Yeah. Right.

I wonder how long comrade Stalin will last.

It doesn't look like number II ever had a proper ending though.

lifeless: Ah, the first of many loyal followers, I presume?

Fulcrumvale: :rofl:

DirtyCommiePuke: I'm glad to see you've taken a fancy to it. I'll be sure to update as well as I can.

As for the TARDIS, no, Stukov does not possess one, though he did have a time machine.

GeneralHannibal: You taking bets? Could get interesting.

Yes, it is fairly unfortunate that I lost interest in CI II. Hopefully one day I will be able to return to it and give it a proper ending.

Patrick O'Harte: :cool:

-----------------------------------------

January 7th, 1936

With Stalin seated at the head of the large rectangular conference table in the Kremlin, the various Commissars and military officers of the Soviet state and military reported on the state of the Soviet Union.

Lazar Kaganovich had just finished his report on the status of the economy when Stukov discretely entered the room from one of the side doors, taking a seat on the periphery with several secretaries and aides who were dutifully taking notes and handing the Commissars reports to read off to the assembled officials.

"Good, continue with your work, comrade," Stalin said politely, glancing through the report Kaganovich had given him.

"In that case, I would like to make my report on the current status of the Red Army," Marshal Voroshilov said, rising up from his seat and scanning the assembled ministers.

"Go ahead," Stalin replied with a casual wave of his hand.

Voroshilov cleared his throat slightly. "Current restrengthening of the various motorized and armored divisions is continuing with steady progress, I am pleased to report. And our infantry divisions dedicated to our western borders are still being redeployed further west."

As if he was reading Stukov's mind, Stalin pressed Voroshilov. "And how goes the disbandment of our cavalry forces?"

Voroshilov hesitated, sifting through his papers. "The entire cavalry corps is nearly disbanded, as per your instructions... though Marshal Budennij has expressed he is, uh, of a different opinion as to the importance of cavalry in the..."

"Cavalry is a worthless and antiquated expenditure of our resources. The future of the Red Army's mobile forces is in motorized divisions and tanks, not horses," Stalin snapped sharply, cutting off any further discussion of the matter.

"Of course, Comrade Stalin," Voroshilov insisted quickly, looking slightly paler than before. Again, he cleared his throat, his voice wavering just barely as he tried to go on with his report.

"Once we have finished the re-strengthening of our divisions, we can begin focusing on modernizing our Red Army and airforce to more modern standards, though I am afraid I must report that it will require significantly more resources than allocated to complete on a timely basis."

"That will not be a problem," Yagoda spoke up reassuringly, a smile growing across his face. "Once we are finished removing the specter of dissention from our nation, we will be able to allocate plent of resources to your modernization programs."

Voroshilov thanked Yagoda appreciatively, though Stukov noticed a distinct distaste for the NKVD head from the Marshal.

The navy and airforce reports from Admiral Orlov and Air Marshal Alksnis respectively proceded once Voroshilov was finished, both less of interest to Stukov than the state of the Red Army.

After much talk and compromise between all the ministers, it was finally decided more research into modern naval designs would take precedence over the airforce for at least the immediate future. Stalin assured both men both branches would receive equal attention.

With that, the meeting wound down, ministers and aides slowly drifting away until only Stukov and Stalin remained, both remaining silent for some time.

"I'm honored you took my advice," Stukov spoke up at last.

Stalin's chair swiveled so he could look at Stukov. "It was sound advice, comrade. I am in need of power, not quant trinkets of the past."

Stukov smiled and nodded approvingly. "Well put, comrade. The Red Army will need to be strong for the conflicts ahead."

"You are certain there will be these conflicts?"

"I swear by my life I am telling the truth."

Stalin eyed Stukov enigmatically. "I may just have you keep to your word, Stukov."

"You are certain there will be these conflicts?"

"I swear by my life I am telling the truth."
I have to admit, I actually believe that. ;)