• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunch Khan

the Infidel
110 Badges
Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
I would like to start this thread for Ottoman Empire and other Turkish minor related subjects regarding EU III gameplay and provide some suggestions. Some other similar topics have eventually evolved into Turkish bashing threads and moved into OT area. So please keep this thread primarily focused on gameplay issues and post only if you feel you are contributing to the discussion in a constructive way.

The main issues I would like to see addressed as the game details are being revealed are;

- Provinces: names, borders; ownership; cultures; religion; population; resources; and income levels.

- Graphics: flags; sprites; map; icons; landmarks etc.

- Leaders: Monarchs; Generals; Admirals; Advisors; Courtiers

- Events

CALIPHATE:
I would like to see the Caliphate institution applied to Sunnis in a similar way to the Papacy/Curia for Catholics. Even though the Caliphs had less of a secular power and they were more spiritual under the Mameluks, with Ottomans, the Sultans assumed the title themselves and used it to craft strong Sunni alliance blocs from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean. Ottoman claims on the Caliphate began as early as 1453 with Mehmed II and reached it's peak with Selim I's conquest of Egypt where the last Abbasid Caliph abdicated in favor of the Sultan. Even though there wasn't an election of any kind as the Papacy had, there can be substantial benefits for those who hold the title and should also serve as a powerful instrument especially in the field of foreign relations with other Sunni states.

THE PATRIARCHATE:
Similar to the Caliphate institution, the Patriarchate should be able to simulate a similar function to the Papacy in regards to Orthodox Christian faith. The institution was first abolished by the Latins during the Fourth Crusade in 1204 with the first fall of Constantinople, but then was revived 60 years later. It merged with the Catholic faith once more under the shadow of the Ottoman siege of Constantinople, but the locals did not support this political decision. When Mehmed II entered his newly acquired capital, he gathered the wisest Orthodox clerics and established the Patriarchate of Constantinople for the Orthodox faith and placed them under his protection.

CULTURE:
As we don't know the role and effect of the cultures in EU III, it's not a good idea to speculate on the cultural identity of Ottomans. However, I believe we would be safe to assume Turkish, Greek and Armenian as the starting cultures of Ottoman Empire and Slavic, Arab, Kurdish and perhaps other cultures might later be added on along with the invasions. Similarly Mameluks and Safevids should have Turkish culture along with others.

LEADERS:
I have tried to compile a long list of various Ottoman generals, admirals, courtiers and advisors in this thread which is now in the History Forum. There's over a hundred and fifty of them at the moment with some of them with their own portraits. Please feel free to check it out and add your comments, suggestions and graphics wherever you see fit.

MONARCHS:
Here is a list of all Ottoman Monarchs along with their portraits. I hope there can be some extra sleeping monarchs as Cem Sultan that can be activated through events.

NAMES:

In EUII the Turkish random leader names .csv file consisted of random city names, and even though I mentioned it on several occasions, it has never been fixed for the patches, and the same ridiculous list kept passing around to other titles such as HOI and Victoria. I hope they can compile an appropriate list before the release. More suggestions are always welcome. Other name files were no better unfortuanetly and there have been many suitable suggestions for Ottoman/Turkish Colony Names, Army Names, Navy Names in the EU II modding forums, however, they never made it to the EU II patches. Hopefully EU III will have a better list this time. I will try to post more suggestions here later on.

FLAGS:
I am not going to comment on the flag issue, as the Ottoman flag varied greatly during 1453-1779 period, although the Crescent and the red background are proper representations. Hopefully they will have an option to adopt the Crescent and Star flag later on in the game through events. There's a great flag thread here with many Ottoman and Balkan flags along with other Turkish minors, Mamluks and Safavids.

UNIFORMS:

There are some nice designs in this thread here and also some more can be found here if anyone is interested in medieval concept uniforms.

MAP:
This is a map I have designed for Asia Minor in 1453 and I have included the province names and city names as they appeared in that period under the appropriate states.

AsiaMinor_1453.JPG

ISTANBUL OR CONSTANTINOPLE?:
First of all this is nobody's business but the Turks! :) But if we are talking 1453, then that's a grey area. Constantinople is the Anglo-French version of the original name that was Κωνσταντινούπολη (Konstantinoupoli) which was pronounced as Kostantiniyye by the Ottomans. Since the game begins with the fall of the city to the Turks, I believe the right thing to is to name it after the Ottoman version: Kostantiniyye or to add an "n" for a compromise to make it Konstantiniyye. Any other reference would seem either fake, or out of time.

LANDMARKS:
It's essential to include the graphical images of famous landmarks in the appropriate cities. Constantinople/Istanbul should come with Agia Sophia (St. Sophia) and Bursa should have the Ulu Cami or the Green Mouseloum, while other landmarks, Selimiye, Suleymaniye and such should be available for building in desired cities.

ayasofya%20b..jpg

NAMES:
In EUII the Turkish random leader names .csv file consisted of random city names, and even though I mentioned it on several occasions, it has never been fixed for the patches, and the same ridiculous list kept passing around to other titles such as HOI and Victoria. I hope they can compile an appropriate list before the release. More suggestions are always welcome. Other name files were no better unfortuanetly and there have been many suitable suggestions for Ottoman/Turkish Colony Names, Army Names, Navy Names in the EU II modding forums, however, they never made it to the EU II patches. Hopefully EU III will have a better list this time. I will try to post more suggestions here later on.

This is true for several other countries as well. It is not strictly a Turk problem. ;-)

you did great job in researching for the names etc...

but you know that several minutes after the game's release most the ppl that would interested in playing something in that region would play the modable east roman empire ;) :p :D

/joking ofc :D

btw all this research make to wonder if the names of the cities/regions will be modable.... you know anything about that? :confused:

[Crazy Yankee]Anglicize everything!

And Americanize what is Anglicized![/Crazy Yankee]

Tunch Khan said:
ISTANBUL OR CONSTANTINOPLE?:
First of all this is nobody's business but the Turks! :) But if we are talking 1453, then that's a grey area. Constantinople is the Anglo-French version of the original name that was Κωνσταντινούπολη (Konstantinoupoli) which was pronounced as Kostantiniyye by the Ottomans. Since the game begins with the fall of the city to the Turks, I believe the right thing to is to name it after the Ottoman version: Kostantiniyye or to add an "n" for a compromise to make it Konstantiniyye. Any other reference would seem either fake, or out of time.

I disagree. The international name was, and remained, Constantinople until the 1920's.

Alexandre

Which reminds me, on one map I saw an alternative name for Dulkadir, and Arabic-looking form Dhu'l Kadr. Was the population of this region in the 15th Century mainly Turkish or mainly Arab, or a mixture? Were the rulers Arabs or Turks?

CULTURE:
As we don't know the role and effect of the cultures in EU III, it's not a good idea to speculate on the cultural identity of Ottomans. However, I believe we would be safe to assume Turkish, Greek and Armenian as the starting cultures of Ottoman Empire and Slavic, Arab, Kurdish and perhaps other cultures might later be added on along with the invasions. Similarly Mameluks and Safevids should have Turkish culture along with others.

Sorry for going a little OT here, but I've been wondering... What happened to the original Anatolian peoples? By that, I mean the people the Romans and later Greek ruled under their Empire? From what I understand, that wasn't some kind of wilderness back then... It was a very civilized and integral part of the empire. Did they all become "Turkified"? Killed off? Or did the Turks combine with those people to become a new kind of culture (called "turkish" but different from the original turk nomads)?

Sorry for being ignorant, but that part of the world didn't get much attention in any of my history courses. What I've read on my own (usually from the Roman & Byzantine, a little from the biblical POV) barely touches upon the fundamental character of the people there. Either it assumes the reader knows, or that it's not important.

Central Turkey is a pretty inhospitable place for large settlements and did not support very dense populations. So as the cultures of the invaders changed and they settled on the coasts (which were hospitable) first and then pushed inland and displaced the previous dvellers.

So whenever the cultures changed for the rullers the cultures for the peasants did too.

Most often with most dire results for the previous residents.

Alexandre said:
I disagree. The international name was, and remained, Constantinople until the 1920's.

Alexandre
Care to give any other examples of international names for cities from the time period up until 1920? I want to make sure that "international" isn't a moniker for English.

Tunch, those dates listed in the leaders thread, that is birth and death dates. Around what age would they have become 'active'?

Some ideas;

CALIPHATE:

Caliphate does not make much sense for the Ottomans, but they surely had some prestige among other Muslims for being the foremost 'Ghazi' state. Ottoman Sultans often justified their wars with other Muslims by saying, something like: 'We are expanding the borders of Islam by fighting the infidels. But you attack us from behind. You are allied with the infidels, our religious experts therefore declare that you are infidels as well, and you'll pay for it.'

In game terms, the Ghazi status may be covered with the EU II 'Defender of the Faith' status or something similar, but expanded (i.e. lower BB for annexing lands of different religion, relations bonus for same religion countries, something like these).

Shia should have Imam instead of Caliph.

CULTURE:

For the Ottomans; Turkish definitely primary culture. Greek and Slavic definitely there by 1453-1789. Armenian, maybe. I think Armenians became important later in Ottoman history. Kurdish, no. Kurds had some autonomy in their region, but they were not involved in the Ottoman state mechanism, AFAIK. Arab, definitely not at 1453. After 1517, maybe.

As a surprise option, Tatar may be considered. In EU II, Tatars are 'Mongol', which is dead wrong. I think Tatars should be named Tatar and Ottomans may have Tatar as state culture. I'd rather not do this, but it is an idea. Persian is another idea. Given their influence on the Ottomans.

For other Turkish principalities: Turkish. Greek, Arabic, Kurdish, Armenian are also possible, depending on where they are, and what the province culture will be.

LEADERS:
Tunc, great job there. Some famous people:

Sedefkar Mehmed Aga: Architect. Great Sinan's student. Architect of Sultan Ahmed a.k.a. Blue Mosque. Was Chief Architect between 1606-1622.

Mimar Hayrettin: Architect of the famous Mostar bridge in 1566.

Ismail Han (Rumi): Architect. Dome expert. Built the dome of Taj Mahal. He can be a leader for Mughals as well.

Hocazade Mustafa: (d.1488) Mehmed II era. Famous scholar (religious matters).

Alaeddin Tusi: (d.1482) Famous scholar. Invited from Iran by Murat II. returned to Iran after Hocazade Mustafa's work was deemed superior to his by the scholars in a written debate ordered by Mehmed II.

Molla Gurani: (1416-1488) Religous scholar. Promoted to Kazasker and Sheik-ul Islam (highest possible ranks) by Mehmed II.

Mehmed Fenari: Scholar of deductive sciences. Wrote textbook on on Logic. 15th century (?)

Kadizade Musa Pasa: 'Genius' mathematician and astronomer. Went to Samarkand, and became the head of Ulug Beg's (Great Astronomer, Timurid Emperor-grandson of Timur) Observatory (one of the best in the world at the time). Teacher of Ali Kuscu, Molla Lutfi and Mirim Celebi, all famous astronomers and mathematicians.

Yirmisekiz Mehmet Celebi: Able Diplomat. Sent to France in 1721.

Said Celebi: Son of 28 Mehmet Celebi. Brought printing press to Turkey with Ibrahim Muteferrika.

Molla Kabiz: Contraversial religious scholar. Claimed that Jesus was superior to all other prophets including Mohammed. He was tried once, but found innocent. Sultan Suleyman didn't like this result, and asked for another trial, in which he was found guilty, and killed in 1527.

Ibn Kemal: Religous scholar. Same time with Molla Kabiz.

Yazicizade Ahmet: Wrote an important book on religion, reign of Mehmed II.

Taskopruluzade Ahmet: Religious/Humanities scholar. 1495-1561.

That's all from now. They come from Inalcik's Ottoman Empire Classical Age 1300-1600. It is no coincidence that there are many in Mehmed II.'s reign. He was a great supporter of learning.

NAMES:

We can easily compile a list of names for the game.

MAP:

Good work again.

QUEEN MOTHERS:
Just inspired by the Royal Marriages thread, I wanted to add a few lines about the importance of this institution for Ottoman Queen Mothers. Ottomans had numerous royal marriages with other Orthodox states, so did Akkoyunlu with Trebizond etc. There is even a seperate Harem institution in OE which enables slave foreign girls to become Queen Mothers, the highest political position after the Sultan himself and history proved that whenever a new Queen Mother is at the throne, the relations between the specific country she is from and OE improves considerably and there is definate time of peace. Venice, Serbia, Russia, France are such countries to obtain privilidged status during the Sultanate of such women.

Josephine Bonaparte was such a figure for instance who had her cousine Aimée Dubuc de Rivery at the Ottoman throne. Her son, Mahmud II who was half French from Martinique was the most able reformer sultan which abolished the corrupted Janissary institution and modernised the Ottoman Empire. When Napoleon divorced Josephine, Ottomans joined the anti-French league at the cost of loosing Basserabia to Russia, which lead to a disaster for Napoleon. You don't cross a French girl from Martinique like that.

You can name it Harem or Royal Marriage or something else, but the foreign women certainly had a deep impact on Ottoman politics from international to domestic affairs, and there is a period of time after Suleyman I that was called the Century of Ottoman Queen Mothers (Valide Sultans). During that period, you could do no business in Ottoman Empire without bribing the Black Harem Aga (One of the highest imperial positions) to get to the Queen Mother, who would conduct the business herself. Of course her price was much higher, but afterall, she ruled an empire on three continents.
cover33sm2.jpeg

Last edited:
Gebhard Blucher said:
Sorry for going a little OT here, but I've been wondering... What happened to the original Anatolian peoples? By that, I mean the people the Romans and later Greek ruled under their Empire? From what I understand, that wasn't some kind of wilderness back then... It was a very civilized and integral part of the empire. Did they all become "Turkified"? Killed off? Or did the Turks combine with those people to become a new kind of culture (called "turkish" but different from the original turk nomads)?

Many tribes settled (or passed through) in Anatolia, in history. Most of them (except mainly Armenians, Kurds, Laz) were Hellenised (Greek-speaking and Orthodox) when the Seljuks came in 1071. Although a minority, Seljuks quickly overran the land. In time majority of the locals were Turkified. But Seljuks have themselves changed in this process as well. So you can interpret this as a new 'Turkish' culture emerging. Ottomans later added Balkan traits to this cultural/genetic mix.

If you know history you may be surprised that nomads assimilated sedentary peoples, who both outnumber them and are culturally superior. The explanation is simple. Seljuks were not nomads. They were already sedentary and highly civilised, due to their convertion to Islam and contact with Iran. Their settlers were often nomadic, but there was also a sophisticated urban class, which formed the Seljuk government.

In short, majority of the native Anatolians were first Hellenised by the Greeks and later Turkified by the Turks.

D. Marlborough said:
Tunch, those dates listed in the leaders thread, that is birth and death dates. Around what age would they have become 'active'?
Depends on the person I believe. I can be specific with only a few of them, but for the majority it is probably a little vague. Most of them would be at least in their late 30's to become celebrities in their related fields in order to make a name I believe, but can't be exact. So if the date is 1402-1481, then I would add 30 or 40 to the birthdate and make him/her available for 1440-1481. That would of course be valid for 1453-1481.

TURKISH RANDOM LEADER NAMES:

TUR;Osman
TUR;Selim
TUR;Süleyman
TUR;Davud
TUR;Kasim
TUR;Togay
TUR;Meliksah
TUR;Balaban
TUR;Toktamis
TUR;Alparslan
TUR;Alpyürek
TUR;Aytekin
TUR;Aydogan
TUR;Ertugrul
TUR;Cüneyd
TUR;Bahadir
TUR;Baturay
TUR;Batuhan
TUR;Dogukan
TUR;Dündar
TUR;Hizir
TUR;Baybars
TUR;Tanrivermis
TUR;Bozan
TUR;Sahinsah
TUR;Danismend
TUR;Ridvan
TUR;Alaaddin
TUR;Karatay
TUR;Mürsel
TUR;Saruca
TUR;Burak
TUR;Giray
TUR;Devlet
TUR;Huseyin
TUR;Beyazid
TUR;Harun
TUR;Oruc
TUR;Abdulhamit
TUR;Levend
TUR;Silhataroglu
TUR;Hasan
TUR;Fazil
TUR;Cemal
TUR;Halil
TUR;Gündüz
TUR;Inal
TUR;Umur
TUR;Yinal
TUR;Kutluk
TUR;Seyit
TUR;Celal
TUR;Ahmed
TUR;Sait
TUR;Koroglu
TUR;Ilyas
TUR;Merzifonlu
TUR;Koca Hasan
TUR;Sinan
TUR;Yusuf Sinan
TUR;Ozdemiroglu
TUR;Kadizade
TUR;Hacioglu
TUR;Haci Osman
TUR;Rafet
TUR;Islamoglu
TUR;Bayraktar
TUR;Turkmenoglu
TUR;Cihangir
TUR;Seydi Ali
TUR;Uzun Hasan
TUR;Erdogan
TUR;Sakir
TUR;Ali Riza
TUR;Cevat
TUR;Halim
TUR;Galip
TUR;Bahadir
TUR;Sevket
TUR;Erzincanli
TUR;Cezayirli
TUR;Gazi Mehmed
TUR;Enver
TUR;Talat
TUR;Ismail
TUR;Kamil
TUR;Cengiz
TUR;Ali
TUR;Adnan
TUR;Mehmet
TUR;Abdullah
TUR;Salih
TUR;Mustafa
TUR;Murat
TUR;Saffet
TUR;Mahmut
TUR;Yusuf
TUR;Kazim
TUR;Iskender
TUR;Serhat
TUR;Ahmet
TUR;Yunus
TUR;Hayrettin
TUR;Kilic
TUR;Ozdemir
TUR;Yigit
TUR;Tahsin
TUR;Ziya
TUR;Muhammed
TUR;Melik
TUR;Alparslan
TUR;Fuat
TUR;Abdulaziz
TUR;Yasin
TUR;Aziz
TUR;Omer
TUR;Ismail
TUR;Yaser
TUR;Turgut
TUR;Selim
TUR;Cemil
TUR;Eren
TUR;Halid
TUR;Bulent
TUR;Rahman
TUR;Kadir
TUR;Kemal
TUR;Kerim
TUR;Rumi
TUR;Orhan
TUR;Dursun
TUR;Turgut
TUR;Rahmi
TUR;Tevfik
TUR;Abdulhalik
TUR;Celaleddin
TUR;Ramazan
TUR;Bayram
TUR;Mecid
TUR;Kasim
TUR;Mithat

This is an initial suggestion to replace the notorious list EU II, HOI and Victoria had. I hope it to serve as a base for a better compilation.

TURKISH ARMY NAMES:

TUR;Ordu-yu Hümayun
TUR;Serhad Ordusu
TUR;Rumeli Ordusu
TUR;Anadolu Ordusu
TUR;Suriye Ordusu
TUR;Bogdan Ordusu
TUR;Eflak Ordusu
TUR;Kirim Ordusu
TUR;Erdel Ordusu
TUR;Yeni Ceri I
TUR;Yeni Ceri II
TUR;Misir Ordusu
TUR;Kafkas Ordusu
TUR;Macar Ordusu
TUR;Acem Ordusu
TUR;Anadolu Sipahileri
TUR;Rumeli Sipahileri
TUR;Timarli Sipahiler
TUR;Kapikulu Süvarileri
TUR;Akincilar
TUR;Gaziler
TUR;Yörükler
TUR;Bostancilar
TUR;Sekbanlar
TUR;Yeni Ceri III
TUR;Yeni Ceri IV
TUR;Yeni Ceri V
TUR;Yeni Ceri VI
TUR;Yeni Ceri VII
TUR;Yeni Ceri VIII
TUR;Yeni Ceri IX
TUR;Yeni Ceri X
TUR;Deli Süvariler
TUR;Tatar Süvarileri
TUR;Gönüllüler
TUR;Yerlikulu Bölükleri
TUR;Yayalar
TUR;Serhadkulu Akincilari
TUR;Cebellüler
TUR;Tüfekciler
TUR;Humbaracilar
TUR;Azaplar
TUR;Besliler
TUR;Levendler
TUR;Cezayir Levendleri
TUR;Voynuklar
TUR;Magribiler
TUR;Cerkez Muhafizlar
TUR;Solaklar
TUR;Martoloslar
TUR;Boshnak Panduklari
TUR;Eflak Tüfekcileri
TUR;Rum Silahdarlari
TUR;Kürt Tüfekciler
TUR;Süryani Ashir Muhafizlari
TUR;Bedeviler
TUR;Saricalar
TUR;Usküdar Ordusu
TUR;Filistin Ordusu
TUR;Eshkinciler
TUR;Sultan Has Ordusu
TUR;Sekban-I Cedid I
TUR;Sekban-I Cedid II
TUR;Sekban-I Cedid III
TUR;Sekban-I Cedid IV
TUR;Kuvva-I Dürziye
TUR;Kahire Taburu
TUR;Arnavutlar
TUR;Bosnak Bölügü
TUR;Bulgar Bölügü
TUR;Tatar Bölügü
TUR;Nizami Cedid
TUR;Memlükler
TUR;Cerkezler
TUR;Acemiler
TUR;Basi Bozuklar
TUR;Nizami Cedid II
TUR;Nizami Cedid III
TUR;Nizami Cedid IV
TUR;Nizami Cedid V
TUR;Nizami Cedid VI
TUR;Nizami Cedid VII
TUR;Nizami Cedid VIII
TUR;Nizami Cedid IX
TUR;Nizami Cedid X
TUR;Medine Muhafizlari
TUR;Makedonya Ordusu
TUR;Istanbul Ordusu
TUR;Fizan Taburu
TUR;Hassa Alayi
TUR;Silistre Süvarileri
TUR;Istanbul Süvarileri
TUR;Sancak Ordusu
TUR;Hareket Ordusu
TUR;Birinci Ordu
TUR;Ikinci Ordu
TUR;Ucüncü Ordu
TUR;Dördüncü Ordu
TUR;Besinci Ordu
TUR;Altinci Ordu
TUR;Yedinci Ordu
TUR;Sekizinci Ordu
TUR;Dokuzuncu Ordu
TUR;Yildirim Ordulari

Another suggestion list to help establish a base for a more realistic and colorful army list.

TURKISH COLONY NAMES:

TUR;Cidde;498
TUR;Dubai;505
TUR;Yeni Halic;209
TUR;Yeni Istanbul;North America
TUR;Yeni Rodos;Carribean
TUR;Caka Bey;Carribean
TUR;Karamürsel;Carribean
TUR;Yeni Bursa;North America
TUR;Gölcük;North America
TUR;Sakarya;North America
TUR;Limanhisar;North America
TUR;Turgut Reis;North America
TUR;Muradiye;North America
TUR;Tepecik;North America
TUR;Degirmendere;North America
TUR;Karahisar;West Africa
TUR;Karaliman;West Africa
TUR;Fizan;West Africa
TUR;Ateshisar;West Africa
TUR;Akkumkale;West Africa
TUR;Alevabad;West Africa
TUR;Yesildere;South America
TUR;Osmaniye;South America
TUR;Orhaniye;South America
TUR;Limankapi;South America
TUR;Kayinhisar;South America
TUR;Göksu;South America
TUR;Mesehisar;South America
TUR;Yenihisar;Any
TUR;Arifiye;Any
TUR;Safranbolu;Any
TUR;Göztepe;Any
TUR;Kizilhisar;Any
TUR;Yeni Izmit;Any
TUR;Denizhisar;Any
TUR;Sögüt;Any
TUR;Erenköy;Any
TUR;Kadiköy;Any
TUR;Yeniköy;Any
TUR;Bostanci;Any
TUR;Canakkale;Any
TUR;Düzova;Any
TUR;Yesilova;Any
TUR;Hendek;Any
TUR;Eskihisar;Any
TUR;Fatih;Any
TUR;Mesire;Any
TUR;Düzce;Any
TUR;Vize;Any
TUR;Kerbela;Any
TUR;Türkbükü;Any
TUR;Gazihisar;Any
TUR;Süleymaniye;Any
TUR;Yeni Sinop;Any
TUR;Yeni Kütahya;Any
TUR;Balikesir;Any
TUR;Osmancik;Any
TUR;Denizli;Any
TUR;Kirsehir;Any
TUR;Yildirimhisar;Any
TUR;Yesilkoy;Any
TUR;Bandyrma;Any
TUR;Otluk;Any

This is a list I had compiled long ago for my EU II game. Please take into consideration that this is a fantasy list, as most of those above locations were never colonized by OE. However, assuming we will be able to play and colonize as OE, it is better to have such a list to avoid colony names as "New Ankara" or "Bursa1". Please feel free to add your suggestions to this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.