• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Armor is way more powerful than infantry, it should work out ok I think but you should probably be more careful in the future. ;)

General Jac said:
Armor is way more powerful than infantry, it should work out ok I think but you should probably be more careful in the future. ;)

When the tanks are cut off they are drastically weakened, they were defeated by the infantry in Kalach.

What freaks me more is his low MP.

There is no getting around it anymore, i have enough to be replenishing my divisions and right now two infantry divisions are being constructed which is the highest it has been in years :D

The Jaws Of Defeat

Our focus remained completely on our stranded tank army, command was waiting desperately of news from Lt. Platt to hear if he had made it on time. We were counting on the Soviets taking as much time as possible to take Kalach, this would give Platt some time to race to Morozovsk, if the Soviets reached Kalach too soon we were well aware that they would strike in an attempt to crush our eastern advance and put a huge dent into our already stretched forces.

To the horror of British HQ, the Soviet forces soon captured Kalach and immediatly launched an assault on our stranded forces. The IC cost of our tank army was huge, losing it would be an absolutely devastating blow to our campaign, it is not overdramatic to say that the loss of these three divisions could not only cause the collapse of the eastern front but of the entire campaign also.

Soviet Forces Launch Their Assault : The British Tank Army is cut off, out of Supply and Lacking Organisation

Platt could only reach Morozovsk on the 24th of September at 11:00 hours, asking General Messervy and his men to hold out for two whole days while surrounded and under heavy attack seemed a ludicrous proporsal.

Another day Passes, in a Desperate bid to buy Lt. General Platt Some More Time Messervy Launches a Desperate Counter Attack Against the Soviet Forces, Slightly Stemming his Army's Defeat Atleast for a few More Hours

The Best Defeat​

Despite all the odds stacked against Lt. General Messervy, his forces managed to hold off the Soviet assault long enough for Lt. General Platt to reach Morozovsk with very little time to spare.

On the Brink of Defeat, Messervy is Given a Path by Platt

One Hour Later, Our Forces Were Defeated - An Insanely Close Call

This has been one of the best defeats we have ever recieved, this defeat gives us a second chance at victory and allows us to learn from our mistake.

Good update!

Close victories are great learning experiences, I doubt you'll be leaving expensive tank armies at the end of a narrow supply line in a hurry ;)

Wow - are you sure you didn't do that on purpose to keep us on the edge of our seats? ;)

Excellent work saving your corps, and outstanding update! I didn't notice 'til close to the end how close to Stalingrad this all took place... :eek:

Hopefully the Imperial General Staff has learnt to keep an eye on the general situation, as well as the objective, when planning it's offensive. I suspect a competent enemy will not allow a second such mistake (although the AI probably will so no real worries ;) )

That sure was a close call! But what did I tell ye, it turned out alright. ;) Now let's hope the british high-command learn from it's mistakes. :p

1 hour? that's close. A little too close... those mystery people must have had a role in it!

Great AAR!When i read this i always imagine a british soldier with a Lee-Enfield rifle running,taking cover and shooting.Well..defeat the commies an axis!

PrawnStar said:
Good update!

Close victories are great learning experiences, I doubt you'll be leaving expensive tank armies at the end of a narrow supply line in a hurry ;)

Yep, i need to be more careful. I think i have been treating this a little too much like a German invasion, there im used to sending tank divisions on their own to cut through Soviet lines. Here it nearly backfired big time.

Wow - are you sure you didn't do that on purpose to keep us on the edge of our seats? ;)

Excellent work saving your corps, and outstanding update! I didn't notice 'til close to the end how close to Stalingrad this all took place... :eek:

it was way to close for comfort - a result of a mistake not a desire for a bit of drama ;)

I was hoping to gain Stalingrad, sadly i still dont have it. The region is becoming a headache, Persia needs to be saved- i hope that huge French army saves the day and allows me to capture Baku and Stalingrad.

Hopefully the Imperial General Staff has learnt to keep an eye on the general situation, as well as the objective, when planning it's offensive. I suspect a competent enemy will not allow a second such mistake (although the AI probably will so no real worries ;) )

The AI came close though. Real close.

That sure was a close call! But what did I tell ye, it turned out alright. ;) Now let's hope the british high-command learn from it's mistakes. :p

Yep, although taking risks is all part of our strategy so expect some more :D

1 hour? that's close. A little too close... those mystery people must have had a role in it!

I will always remember it because of the closeness, one hour is just incredible. You people and your crackpot theories :p

Great AAR!When i read this i always imagine a british soldier with a Lee-Enfield rifle running,taking cover and shooting.Well..defeat the commies an axis!

Im glad you are enjoying it! The Communists are my #1 priority right now, although my submarine fleets are getting prepared to go hunting axis fleets.

OK nuff tawking MOAR UPDATE! :D

noobermenschen said:
OK nuff tawking MOAR UPDATE! :D

I agree, an update is in the works.

Manoeuvering Into Position

In response to our recent close escape in Russia, we are going to continue our offensives as usual but we will treat the southern front with much greater urgency and caution.

It is clear that the nine divisions in this region are insufficient to deal with the Soviet presence, in order to successfully capture Stalingrad and force the Soviet forces south towards Baku we must send further forces to the region.

Fortunately, we have the resources to do this.

Another Defeat, Another Setback and the Need for a Greater Force in the Area is Highlighted

An Army From one of our Northern Forces is Ordered South

A further three divisions are being sent to the region. This new army is being comprised of two divisions from the British Isles and the lone division that has been stationed in Germany since the fall of the communist regime in the country. This army will be shipped north, deployed in Poland and from there shall advance to the southern front.

The Divisions Being Loaded, The Troops in Germany Await Their Arrival

Defending Friends​

The damn Americans that invaded our Portuguese friends have been vanquished, their tanks destroyed, ships sunk and their troops taken prisoner. From now on only the Portuguese shall control Portugal, never again shall the US flag of oppression fly in Lisbon. To ensure this the Royal Navy shall mantain a continuing presence along the coastline of Portugal, with orders to destroy any enemy vessels that are sailing for Portugal.

The Last US Troops in Portugal are Defeated, Lisbon Shall Soon fly the Flag of Portugal Once More

Your lines in Russia look a bit thinly manned, the russian steppes sure know how to suck up enemy forces and keep them spread out. ;)

Surely your released puppets must do something at some point, Britain can't shoulder the burden alone, too much space and not enough troops will always lead to trouble.

Still that does make you achievements so far all the more impressive, especially as your still getting no manpower from India or any of your captured territories.

i wonder,do you have the time to finish the war but there's always the no time limit-mod.by the way,what's the weather in Scotland?i want to move there but my brother says that it rains there almost nonstop.

Last edited:
boom said:
Great update.

Thought, Maybe release India? Since you get no manpower there, let them use it! Course that will mess your IC up.

Problem is i cant release India, as Britain its a core province. The event that fires later is useless too.

Your lines in Russia look a bit thinly manned, the russian steppes sure know how to suck up enemy forces and keep them spread out.

That was alwats my fear, punching through their lines and then grinding to a halt due to sheer lack of manpower. Im trying to set a few targets and advance steadily to them.

Surely your released puppets must do something at some point, Britain can't shoulder the burden alone, too much space and not enough troops will always lead to trouble.

Still that does make you achievements so far all the more impressive, especially as your still getting no manpower from India or any of your captured territories.

Thanks, im pleased wiht how well its going myself, i expected to get slaughtered invading Germany.

I am seriously considering taking control as you all have suggested, its a bit silly my struggling while everyone except France and Yugoslavia do nothing.

i wonder,do you have the time to finish the war but there's always the no time limit-mod.by the way,what's the weather in Scotland?i want to move there but my brother says that it rains there almost nonstop.

Im doubt i will have time to finish the war, conquering the Soviets will take a long time. Who knows what will happen though ;)

The rain isnt non-stop, infact this summer has been damn warm [i like the grey rainy days!] but the weather is usually cold and rainy. Dont expect Spain [im doing the tourist board no favours here :D ]

Sorry for the delay in updates i've been a little busy. One should be here tomorrow.