• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GERMANY, CORE 0.91, HOI 1.06c as requested.

Spanish civil war started and i had the tech by the event.
I sent my support.
Then civil war ended, and the event poped up, telling me I gained preciuos experience and two doctrines (land and air early war experience).
But this DID NOT happened. Just had the message but not the techs.

Any clue?

I'd like to continue my game, even cheating and giving me thos techs (is there a way), but similar problems could happen again, so I'd like to fix this.

Thanx.

Germany AI problem in the Balkans

Playing as:

ITALY, v091

Around 1941 I was neutral. Germany DoW on Yugo and then on Greece.
Germany crushed Yugo, but stopped with a lot of division at the Greece border doing nothing.

After that in 1943, Bulgaria went comintern and allied with Russia in a war with Germany. Germany seems to have some Bulgarian armies among its controlled ones.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
In my current game as Germany, when I try to release Greece as a puppet, the game freezes. Can't I release Greece? I would like to do it because I can't ship the resources from the country anyway...

Danubian Pact Renewed typo

In the "Danubian Pact Renewed" event 462099, there is a typo for a triggered event. a or b triggers or sleeps event 602030. This should be "652030" which is an event for Hungary Vs. the "602030" which is an event for Hondurus.

btw, love the Mod, it greatly improves HOI.

Java of Flanders said:
In my current game as Germany, when I try to release Greece as a puppet, the game freezes. Can't I release Greece? I would like to do it because I can't ship the resources from the country anyway...

Are you getting a db mismatch pop-up? You need to press ignore repeatedly, the game will then continue.

Nuclear tree bug

I believe there is a bug in the nuclear tech tree (v0.91), namely one of the required technologies for tritium bombs is missing. Hence use you can research tritium bombs years before basic uranium bombs and start using nuclear weapons quite early.

Apologies if this has been picked up before, I couldn't find it in my searches.

v91 Playing as Japan. I puppetted the Dutch East Indies, which caused them to join my war against the allies. A month later they joined the Allies! The Axis (who were at war with the Allies) then declared war on this second set of Allies.

The British can now calmly walk into territory I've taken from them and take it back, without having to fight my troops. Something is going very wrong. It may have something to do with who I declared war on. I have a feeling it was the Dutch.

Unfortunately this has ruined a really fun game. :(

EricGS said:
v91 Playing as Japan. I puppetted the Dutch East Indies, which caused them to join my war against the allies. A month later they joined the Allies! The Axis (who were at war with the Allies) then declared war on this second set of Allies.

The British can now calmly walk into territory I've taken from them and take it back, without having to fight my troops. Something is going very wrong. It may have something to do with who I declared war on. I have a feeling it was the Dutch.

Unfortunately this has ruined a really fun game. :(

The problem is probably that you puppeted, and did not annex the DEI. I'll take a look and see where the issue lays. My guess off hand is that there isn't an Ai switch to an Axis DEI AI. Though there could be some event which is causing it. Did you notice any particular events popping up before the DEI joined the Allies? I don;t think they should be able to join any alliances (except by event) if they're a puppet of some one.

Hello,

I've got a problem with the savescreens.bmp with core mod (no problem with Vanilla).

With the F11 key, every savescreen.bmp are called savescreen0.bmp.

0, not 0,1,2,3 etc...

So, the last screen kill overs.

Anybody have got a solution ??

Thanks !

Last edited:
OK, now, i know that it's a CORE problem. I found three players with the same thing.

This problem was born with the 0.84 version. The 0.82 is OK.

Anybody can fix this bug ?

I reexplain it :

The files "savescreen.bmp" created with the F11 key stay allways with the number "0". Consequence : the last screen delete the previous screen.

Boudiboudi said:
OK, now, i know that it's a CORE problem. I found three players with the same thing.

This problem was born with the 0.84 version. The 0.82 is OK.

Anybody can fix this bug ?

I reexplain it :

The files "savescreen.bmp" created with the F11 key stay allways with the number "0". Consequence : the last screen delete the previous screen.
I don't think this is a problem with CORE but with HoI's moddir feature. I believe any mod using a moddir will have this problem.

Boudiboudi said:
Maybe you're right.

Buf if you say the true, why the players with only CORE 0.82 and 1.06c haven't got this problem ?
I see the exact same problem with CORE 0.82 on 1.06c. Note the MP versions won't have the problem because they didn't use moddir. The 1.06 patch saves the screens in the main dir instead of the moddir and names them properly.

Database Mismatch

Greetings,

I've been playing CORE (as Italy, then as Japan) and I find I have a recurring problem: it seems when the Germans are defeated and the question of occupation zones comes up, I get the following message:

Critical Error
Database mismatch type=6/id68004 already used!

If the western Allies decide not to divide Germany, the game goes on. If they go for the zones, I get the message, and my computer freezes, so I can't move the cursor to "Retry."

Anybody know how to fix this?

I've tried a fresh reinstall, but it's failed twice.

Thanks.

Firstly hi and welcome!

You dont mention if this is occurring on program start or game load?! I suppect its the latter.

If so, then open the file in the HOI folder, should be ..\db\scenarios\savegames and the filename that you saved under.

Then open the file using notepad and do FIND for 68004. You will probably find that it is there in reference to a leader in the game.

Now either change that ID to one that isnot used or remove it. I would wager that you should just change it to another similarly denoted ID in th 680.. range, but check and make sure that you dont use one already in the save file.

Next, if this is the case then its a bug, one which Ive noticed in my games when the ai nations give me expeditionary forces, but so far it hasnt crashed my games at all! :confused:

Therefore, if you manage to get it working, this should be moved to the BUG forum.

That is if you verify its a problem with the game and not a problem with CORE.

I dare say CORE isnt supported on the support forum and you should really post all things CORE in that area, but read their sticky before you post there!

Also post what version of the vanilla game and what version of CORE yu are using when you get this problem.

So does this work?

We do not support user made mods in the support forum, you must check with the makers of the mod. In this case they have thier own sub forum.
*Moved

As 2coats said this is a wellknown bug connected to liberated countries where the minister a and leader files are reused. This bug is in vanilla hoi as well and there is really not much we can do about it, im afraid.

Yes, it did work. It seems that all the French leaders with the 680xx id were a problem. I initially changed 68004 to 680024, but when I tried to load the game again. I got another database mismatch message, this time with another 680xx number. I fixed that and the same thing happened a third time, but with a different 680xx number. So I went back and just changed all the 680xx numbers, sequentially back from 68099, to 68098, etc. Fortunately, there were only five of them. That worked, and the game loaded properly.

By the way, I'm playing CORE in HoI Platinum; I should have mentioned that from the start, as someone pointed out.

Anyway, thanks.

rjfmgy

2Coats said:
Firstly hi and welcome!

You dont mention if this is occurring on program start or game load?! I suppect its the latter.

If so, then open the file in the HOI folder, should be ..\db\scenarios\savegames and the filename that you saved under.

Then open the file using notepad and do FIND for 68004. You will probably find that it is there in reference to a leader in the game.

Now either change that ID to one that isnot used or remove it. I would wager that you should just change it to another similarly denoted ID in th 680.. range, but check and make sure that you dont use one already in the save file.

Next, if this is the case then its a bug, one which Ive noticed in my games when the ai nations give me expeditionary forces, but so far it hasnt crashed my games at all! :confused:

Therefore, if you manage to get it working, this should be moved to the BUG forum.

That is if you verify its a problem with the game and not a problem with CORE.

I dare say CORE isnt supported on the support forum and you should really post all things CORE in that area, but read their sticky before you post there!

Also post what version of the vanilla game and what version of CORE yu are using when you get this problem.

So does this work?