• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ghost_dk

Chief of all Ghost Divisions
5 Badges
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
This is the personal history of a German soldier and is an offspring of my Plan GrossDeuthchland AAR.

This is the story of Friedrich Schultze, a Schoolteacher from Freiburg, and his Experiences during World War II, as told by himself through his Diary and Letters written by him to his Family.

Diary of Gefreiter Friedrich Schultze​

18th. February:

When I got home from work today Hanna was sitting at the Kitchen Table. Usually she is exited and happy when I get Home, always greeting me with a Kiss and a Smile, but not today. She was sitting there sobbing quietly as I entered the Door. When I asked her what had happened she showed me a Letter that had come for me. It was my Drafting Papers. I am to report to the Training Facilities at Radenberg just north of Dresden nine Days from today. It has not even been a Year since we were married and Hanna being pregnent makes it even harder to have to leave her. I am not sure what to make of all this or what will become of us. She wont be able to come with me and she will have to stay with her Parents here in Freiburg until I return. Hopefully I will be able to return, even if just for a short time when our Baby is due in August.

I am looking forward to this. :)

Departure

23th. February:

Time is passing too fast. I have tried to spend as much of it as possible with Hanna and I took her to a small Resaurant in the Eisenbahn Str. just across the Street from the Colombi Park. Even though the Food was limited due to the rationing, She enjoyed it. I could see it in her Eyes and for the first Time in nearly a Week I heard her laugh.

25th. February:

Hanna helped me pack my bags today. I will be taking the train tomorrow Morning and make a short stop in München to visit my Mother. The neighboors came in the Afternoon and wished me Farewell, Frau Ackerman even braught some Cake that she baked for us all to share.

26th. February:

Saying goodbye to Hanna this morning was nearly impossible. Even though she tried to remain calm and smiling as I entered the Train, I know she only did so because she did not want to cry in front of all the other People at the Station. There were other Men on the Train as well who had been drafted. I spoke to some of them on the way to München. A couple of them were going to Dresden like me but most of them were going to Nürnberg. Krause, a tall strong looking Coal Worker from Konstanz, is also making a family visit in München and we have agreed to meet at the Station later and travel to Dresden together.

Edit: Vigilantsldr, Thanx you :) Hope you will find it interesting. Updates will probably be at a slow pace in the beginning as i have to get used to this type of writing.

seems good so far keep up the good work
p.s. nice job on the other 1