• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Major Event bug?

Hi all,

first off, let me say what a great job you Core guys have done. The mod is a blast. Unfortunately the fun has been stopped cold for me just now.
I am playing as Germany. it is July 1941 and I am at war with the allies (except USA) and Russia. The European provinces of France ,(except for Vichy), Belgium and the Netherlands are under the control of Germany. Then, on the 5th of July the following events fire:

name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : Syria went with Restore Vichy control to Lebanon in Syria reestablishes Vichy control in Lebanon."
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : Lebanon had Syria reestablishes Vichy control in Lebanon ."
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : Lebanon left the Military Alliance she had with Germany, Hungary, Romania, Lithuania, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Manchukuo, Vichy France, "
name = "Siam and Ukraine."
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : Vichy France had Vichy Control re-established in Lebanon ."
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : Vichy France have made Lebanon their puppet state."
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : United Kingdom have returned control of 1st Corps to Syria"
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : United Kingdom have returned control of 9th Corps to Australia"
name = "2:00 July 5, 1941 : United Kingdom have returned control of 7th Corps to Australia"

...and suddenly the allies are not at war with Germany anymore. The French, Belgium and Dutch provinces are all returned to their owners. A day later the allies declare war on me, although they were already at war with me and in Caen 37 infantry divisions appear out of nowhere!

Now, after weeks of playing, my game's really messed up. :mad: :(

Help please!

Last edited:
Error Message

I downloaded v.90, installed it, then downloaded v.91. When I run the program and choose the Core campaign I get the following message:

"Event Refers to Missing AI file at a:\cor_ussr1940.ai

Anyone got any ideas?

Dougboy said:
I downloaded v.90, installed it, then downloaded v.91. When I run the program and choose the Core campaign I get the following message:

"Event Refers to Missing AI file at a:\cor_ussr1940.ai

Anyone got any ideas?

1. Are you using the CORE icon to start the game?

2. Did you install CORE 0.9 and then 0.91 to the right directory?

Dougboy said:
Thanks for the help, I didn't realize that I needed to launch core from the desktop. Why is it that when I run HOI vanilla I have an option to select core? What is that for?

What version of HoI are you using? Are you using the Platinum edition? That has some different set ups that the original release.

If you have the Platinum edition, you need to delete the CORE directory from HoI directory before installing 0.9/0.91.

Ok, what did I do wrong???

I reloaded HOI base game and the latest mod 1.06c I think, then loaded the latest CORE. The CORE icon is on my desktop, but when I start the game with it, there are no games in the selection area to click on??? Any ideas out there?

Long LEE said:
I reloaded HOI base game and the latest mod 1.06c I think, then loaded the latest CORE. The CORE icon is on my desktop, but when I start the game with it, there are no games in the selection area to click on??? Any ideas out there?
I'm guessing you installed CORE 0.91 without installing CORE 0.9 first. 0.91 is just a patch and doesn't include the main scenario file.

Yup, that was the problem.... D'ho!! Thanks very much. I guess it pays to read "all" the instructions on the CORE page....

Hello, I am not an experienced HOI player (bought HOI only after Victoria in fact :)) but yesterday I decided to install C.O.R.E.. It all seemed to run well, and I liked it a lot more then before. (I like events!) However, I am playing Germany, and I am busy with Fall Gelb, I defeated Luxembourg, The Netherlands, and Belgium, and run right through France, everything seemed to go well. (Actually, my progress was faster then historical) The Vichy event fires, I choose to create Vichy france.... boooom, game crashes to desktop. I tested it now 6 times, and it happened each time. Can anyone explain whats going wrong?

The only issue I'm aware of is an earlier post in this thread where the game CTDs when Vichy fires if it is running at a high speed. Anything else unusual happening? Do you have the last lines of the log before the crash?

I will try again, but I think it isnt the speed as the last 2 times I tried I paused about each hour :)

I tried again, had it on very slow all the time, and it crashed again. Here is my log:

Code:
1940-06-08 : 20:00 July 9, 1940 : 7. Armee HQ has arrived in Colmar.

1940-06-08 : 22:00 July 9, 1940 : XVIII. Armeekorps has arrived in Bourges.

1940-06-08 : 22:00 July 9, 1940 : O.K.W. Reserve Einheiten has arrived in Bourges.

1940-06-08 : 22:00 July 9, 1940 : XXVII. Armeekorps has arrived in Bourges.

1940-06-08 : 22:00 July 9, 1940 : United Kingdom went with We need all hands to repel invasion in Creation of the Home Guard.

1940-06-08 : 23:00 July 9, 1940 : XXI. Armeekorps has arrived in Nancy.

1940-06-08 : 23:00 July 9, 1940 : XXII. Armeekorps has arrived in Nancy.

1940-06-08 : 23:00 July 9, 1940 : Grenzschutz Eiffel has arrived in Nancy.

1940-06-09 : 10:00 July 10, 1940 : We won a battle against France in Cholet.

1940-06-10 : 22:00 July 11, 1940 : We went with Set up French puppet government in Vichy in Vichy France.

1940-06-10 : 22:00 July 11, 1940 : France went with We have no choice but to accept in The Vichy Regime.

1940-06-10 : 22:00 July 11, 1940 : The people of Vichy France declared independence from France.

I've got a little problem with CORE(whatever version came with HOI Platinum,is what I have).I'm playing Germany,it's 1941,I got the New Order-Europe event to fire(making England my puppet,etc,etc) but for some reason, Vichy France didn't get all of France back.....and the Vichy French capital is in Saigon(Vietnam).Now,since I wanted to play as them,I found it wierd(and confusing)that their capital would be located in Asia..plus that they didn't get the French provinces Germany took,back.

Victor1234 said:
I've got a little problem with CORE(whatever version came with HOI Platinum,is what I have).I'm playing Germany,it's 1941,I got the New Order-Europe event to fire(making England my puppet,etc,etc) but for some reason, Vichy France didn't get all of France back.....and the Vichy French capital is in Saigon(Vietnam).Now,since I wanted to play as them,I found it wierd(and confusing)that their capital would be located in Asia..plus that they didn't get the French provinces Germany took,back.
Did Free France still exist when the New Order fired? What other events followed the New Order? There should be quite a few events triggered by that one.

Hey all,

Been playing CORE, and now 9.1, for a while now and its a great mod. But I did want to report a couple of bugs I found playing some of the minor powers.

(1) Finland. Has an event where the Dutch sell the Finns Fokker fighters and license to produce more (Basic Interceptor). However, the event as written only provides the Basic Interceptor tech, so if the Finns have not researched the prerequisite techs, the supposed license does nothing. Not really knowing the code, I by context found enough to add the prerequisite techs in so that the license actually worked. However, the event also starts a division of fighters in the queue, which are always prewar fighters even though the basic inteceptor tech is valid. Maybe it needs a separate event to start the fighter, I dunno. Thus, if finland is being played by the AI it is not going to have the basic interceptors it had IRL.

(2) Australia. The "Joseph Lyons dies in office" has a bug. The replacement ministers are mislabled, so that once you reload a game after this event, the armaments, security, and intelligence ministers just say "none", with no ability to change them. I manually corrected this and dont remember exactly what I did, but I think it was parks, foll, and street who had wrong positions in the saved game file after the event. (eg two of them were armament and none security, or something like that). Thus, where AST is being played by the AI it loses the benefits from three ministers from like 1938 on.

(3) British AI. I have noticed in my last few games playing the minor powers that the british fleet will not leave portsmouth AT ALL once the war started. Reloading the save game as British, the entire fleet is bottled up there along with about 300 or so empty "ghost squadrons" (e.g., . . . 238th squadron, 239th, 240th, and so forth). I can manually make the fleet leave port, convert back to my other country, at which point the Brits will start to do some things, but never really do the relatively decent blockade of Germany I've seen it do in the past. This has happened on virtually every game I've played. If nothing is done the Germans sail freely about the Atlantic without a care in the world.

Just thought I would report these little problems in an otherwise great job. Any suggestions for the British AI problem would be much appreciated.

Indonesia IC Problem

I was trying liberateable countries. When I tried Indonesia I did not have any IC to deligate. The provinces where all showing the proper IC, but I did not get any!

CORE Bugs Continued...

Ok well CORE is back alive and there are still bugs to be Squashed.

Some bugs ,tweaks and missing pics etc are already available from the CORE Fixitpack project downloads thread.....

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8853

Interestingly looking back over the last few pages here a number of the issues brought up we have also been covering in the CORE Fixitpack discussions.

And there are some others we still might need to fix......

(Although we must be careful to distinguish people who posted comments about the last 0.91 release and not those posting about the earlier 0.80 versions released with the Hoi1 Platinum version)

Dr

Creighton said:
(2) Australia. The "Joseph Lyons dies in office" has a bug. The replacement ministers are mislabled, so that once you reload a game after this event, the armaments, security, and intelligence ministers just say "none", with no ability to change them. I manually corrected this and dont remember exactly what I did, but I think it was parks, foll, and street who had wrong positions in the saved game file after the event. (eg two of them were armament and none security, or something like that). Thus, where AST is being played by the AI it loses the benefits from three ministers from like 1938 on.

i also noticed that theres a bug with the Aussie ministers somewhere post 1940 (and i'm not talking about a missing leaderpic or such there is "none").

bm

Playing US on Hard mode with the HARD CORE option selected (I'm a masochist!
set_ai_aggresive = 3
set_difficulty = 4
). A particular event fires and works properly, but it states
name = "1:00 February 12, 1939 : UNKNOWN STRING WANTED"
name = " happened to us." ]
. This is the event where several ongoing research projects are "sabotaged" i.e. their time to complete is lengthened considerably. I had this happen each time the event fired. Like I say, it worked - I had to drop the research and then pick it back up again in order to reset the time, hence the research gets sabotaged by Congress (grrr Republicans!).

Oh, and on HARD CORE mode getting this:

name = "0:00 February 9, 1940 : Yugoslavia had Ustashe activists returned to Yugoslavia ."
name = "0:00 February 10, 1940 : HARD C.O.R.E. - strikes, unrest, riots happened to us."
name = "0:00 February 10, 1940 : HARD C.O.R.E. - strikes, unrest, riots happened to us."
name = "0:00 February 12, 1940 : Sweden went with Send ambulance in Ambulance to Finland." ]
back to back to back can really hurt! 12% dissent in just a second. Must've been some really bad riots!

unknown sting wanted?

means that something is wrong with your text file i guess?

should be:

EVT_1000R_NAME;Research Sabotaged;;;;;;;;;;X

and description:

EVT_1000R_DESC;This very morning the security guards at one of our most secret research facilities discovered a successful burglary attempt. After investigating the scene of the crime, police found proof of sabotage. It is believed that one of our research projects will be stalled for some time.;;;;;;;;;;X

Jorath13 said:
back to back to back can really hurt! 12% dissent in just a second. Must've been some really bad riots!

this shouldnt fire so often. did you save/reload a lot? its the usa event for hard core (HoI/mod-core/scenarios/events/core_hard). bad luck then:D

bm